Saturday, December 2, 2017

Dust Pneumonia

| Now Playing: King Of My Heart by Taylor Swift |

I'm perfectly fine,
I live on my own.
I've made up my mind,
I'm better off being alone.
We met,
A few weeks ago.
Now you try on calling me baby,
Like trying on clothes.

It's late in the night,
The city's asleep.
Your love is a secret,
I'm hoping, dreaming, dying to keep.
Change my priorities,
The taste of your lips is my idea of luxury.

Salute to me, I'm your American Queen.
And you move to me, Like I'm a Motown beat.
And we rule this kingdom inside my room.
'Cause all the boys with their expensive cars,
With their Range Rovers and their Jaguars,
Never took my quite where you do.

And all at once, you are the one
I have been waiting for.
King of my heart, body and soul.
And all at once, you're all I want
I'll never let you go.
King of my heart, body and soul.

Is this the end of all the endings?
My broken bones are mending,
With all these nights we're spending.
Up on a roof with a school-girl crush,
Drinking beer out of plastic  cups.
Say you fancy me, not fancy stuff.
Baby all at once, this is enough.
________________________________________________________________

Yay, another Saturday blog! And how in the hell is it December already? Literally, it's so crazy. It doesn't feel like I've been blogging pretty much full time for six months, but alas, here we are.  So I guess I've subconsciously vetoed the idea of Sunday blogs? I don't know haha. But I just like the whole Wed / Sat format that I've had since I started blogging, so I think I'm just going to stick to that. I actually just got back home, from a date (More on that later) and I'm just feeling really good? I mean, aside from my ears taking a told from the elevation changes, but I'm just in a really good mood. Thanks Allen!

Okay, so let's start with Thursday. So as I mentioned in the last blog, since I was actually constructing that on Thursday, ever since I was in the trailer on Tuesday, trying to get some semblance of order with my department's overstock, I've had this itch in the back of my throat, and it really started bothering me Thursday night. I was coughing here and there, and with my date looming over me, getting closer and closer, I just did not have the time or energy to be sick. I turned to the internet for a diagnosis because I'm a millennial, and I didn't even know that dust pneumonia is a thing. Inhaling large bouts of dirt and dust can give you cold and flu like symptoms, and that's exactly what has been happening to me. So after reading about all that stuff on the internet, I got some cold medicine from my grandma so I can try to combat this thing. The only down side being that this bottle of Mucinex PM was almost empty, so I knew it wasn't going to last me very long but, hey, something is better than nothing. But I was in the trailer, with a mask because a bitch is not messing around, all day at work, putting up overstock in the trailer. Literally, all day long.

I went to bed with That '70s Show like normal, but I'm lowkey thinking about switching to something else, only because the past few nights, Netflix has been giving my issues with loading and whatever, but I'm trying to hold out because I only have two seasons left, and then I'll probably start my very first whole through rewatch of Avatar: The Last Airbender because I'm a child and I absolutely love that show (Even though they totally ripped off a novel idea I had before the show came out, but I'm obviously over it). Oh, and Faith Rose and Terry Risa and I ate lunch in the breakroom Thursday, so that was nice. And I've been getting a lot closer to Destiny, mainly because I just love her so much. She confided in me something that no one else knows, so that was nice, and we got to freak out about it together haha. Plus, she's struggled with the same type of home things as I have, so that's been bringing us closer. Love me some Destiny Faith Rose. Insert a million blue heart emojis haha.

Work yesterday was good. There were four carts and two pallets of picks, except the only problem with that was about half of the carts were actually overstock, so unless it was picking stuff that didn't need to, which does happen, it was a huge waste of time. I'm hoping that the picking was just going crazy because I really don't want to assume that someone didn't do they're job, but you know. It happens. So that's what I spent most of the day doing. Oh, I forgot something about Thursday. So they kept talking about Walmart Pay during the morning meeting on Thursday. It's basically sort of like Apple Pay, you just scan something at the register and you don't have to swipe your card, and you get five free bucks for signing up this week, so a bitch was interested. So I did that for the first time and I absolutely love it. It's just so easy and fast and, yeah, paying from that way now on. Plus it automatically uploads to Savings Catcher, so it's just all in all a good thing.

After work Friday, I was feeling a little under the weather from this sickness, and I mentioned to Allen that I was feeling sick, but that as long as he didn't mind me coughing occasionally, that I was definitely still going through with our date plans. So after we settled a place, Cheddars, and a time, between 1 and 2, everything on that front was perfect. I was super excited for Taylor to play at the Jingle Ball in LA last night, and I had my camera out, ready to record my reaction, and the stream on CW up and running, but they weren't listing the order of the performers. And I was so tired from work and being sick, that there was no way I was going to be able to stay up and be able to film my reaction. So I went the fuck to sleep, to Cherry Pop, a movie on Netflix that Carey suggested to me that stars Bob The Drag Queen, Tempest DuJour, Detox, and just a fun movie centered around Drag Queens. I was trying to finish it before I went to sleep, but that's how tired I was. Literally slept.

So after sleeping in, and waking up at random times because I couldn't breathe, I finally got up. And after how crazy my voice was sounding and just how I was feeling in general, I got up and headed to the store to get some medicine, because even after the night and one day, I was out of that Mucinex my grandma had given me. And I was trying to avoid going to Walmart, since it's my day off and all, but alas, that's where I ended up going. I ran into Pam Pam, who was off but was asked to come in to help with an event Wendy is having in her department, saw Sharon and Wendy, then headed to Electronics with my things so I could get out of there, the registers were packed. And after talking to Cheyenne about Elena (I've been thinking about her a lot lately since her mom passed), I headed home to freak out over this impending date. But before I did that, I filmed my reaction to Taylor's set at Jingle Ball because I needed to get that done. And then it was time to meet Allen at Cheddar's haha.

And it was so bizarre. I've never really gone on a date and met someone where everything just felt so easy? Like it felt so natural to talk to him and keep the conversation going. We sat down and ordered our drinks (Maui Margaritas, what uuuupppp), and just talked up a storm. It was just really nice to sit down with someone and my nerves weren't all over the place and it just felt...right? I don't know, I don't wanna set myself up for anything but, it was just really refreshing. So after we finished eating, I wasn't quite ready to go walking around the park because I've become such a fucking lightweight when it comes to drinking, that I had to browse around Barnes & Noble just to sober myself up. I'm a tragic mess, I know. But then we headed up to Radford to hit up Bisset Park because if there's one place I've missed since leaving Radford, it's walking around the beautiful scenery around Bisset Park. So we walked around the entire park, talking and just having really good conversations about things like our careers and aspirations, and again, it just felt really good and right. Then we walked over the bridge (the area that inspired a scene in my book) and we kept walking and talking. Towards the end of the park, over the farthest parts, we sat down on a bench and talked for a little while, about kids and his job working with them and things of that nature, about traveling, places we'd love to go in general, and musicals we want to see haha. I just can't accurately express how good of a time it was. We noticed it was getting a little too dark, so we headed back to our cars, and we said goodnight. I'm still really mad at my sickness for kiss-blocking me, but next time will have to do. We kept talking a little bit, about tickets we've actually gotten haha, over our cars, and hugged twice before we finally parted. Obviously I listened to reputation there and back, so I've listened to it like three time all the way through today haha.

And here we are haha. I edited a little bit of my Jingle Ball reaction, but I'll have to do the rest of it later. I'm sort of winding down from the day and I just wanna lay in my bed, watch some TV, and get some sleep before I have to wake up for work in the morning. I'll be so glad when the holidays are over so I can get back to having weekends off. Also, people were supposed to be getting emails from Ticketmaster today, and as of 9:45, I still haven't gotten mine, and I wanna know what the hell is the hold up. I need my tickets, please.

Recovering slowly by surely from a dust-storm sickness,

-- Jesse

2 comments:

  1. Im glad the date went well you deserve a good night out, you work so hard all the time and you need a break girl

    ReplyDelete