Sunday, December 10, 2017

Will Dan & Lisa Make It?

| Now Playing: End Game by Taylor Swift |

Big reputation, big reputation
Ooh you and me got big reputations
Ahh, and you heard about me
Ooh, I got some big enemies.
Big reputation, big reputation
Ooh you and me would be a big conversation
Ahh, and I heard about you
Ooh, you like the bad ones too.

I hit you like bang
We tried to forget it but we just couldn't.
And I bury hatchets
But I keep maps of where I put 'em.
Reputation proceeds me,
They told you I'm crazy.
I swear I don't love the drama, it loves me.
And I can't let you go,
Your handprints' on my soul.
It's like your eyes are liquor,
It's like your body is gold.
You've been calling my bluff,
On all my usual tricks
So here's the truth from my red lips.

I wanna be your end game,
I wanna be your first string,
I wanna be your A team.
I wanna be your, end game, end game.
____________________________________________________

Another blog, another missed day. I mean, it's become the norm lately for me to either be writing one of the blogs on a different post date or for me to just be posting late in general. I don't know what it is with me lately, but I just can't get it together. For example, today's Sunday and I'm recapping the blog. Although, in my defense, the last blog was written on Thursday, so I figured that by waiting until today, Sunday, to do today's blog, it would be more potent. But it probably won't be haha. Let's just get to it.


Waking up for work wasn't too bad, it just felt a little haggard than normal because I was off the day before, and that's just a rough start to any normal back to work day, but lucky I had Saturday off, so I had that driving me through the morning, and through the motivation to actually get out of bed. It was also a little tough because I was so fucked up from the finale of Slasher, which ended perfectly and the creator of the show, Aaron Martin, ended up replying to my tweet, so I was pretty excited about that haha. But once I got to work, it wasn't too bad. I'm not gonna lie, I can't really remember a whole hell of a lot but what I do remember was around lunch time haha. Faith Rose wanted to hear some of my DTFD stories, so I was telling her all about my last relationship leading up to all the Leo stuff. But what's even crazier? That when me, her, and Gwendolyn headed to KFC's buffet for lunch, I swear to you that I saw him. I swear it. Of course, there's always the chance that it wasn't him, but it had to be, just for the fact that our eyes met as I was outside walking back to the car and he was sitting inside, and when our eyes did meet, he whipped his head away from me so fast. So while that isn't proof, I just feel like some stranger wouldn't whip their head with the intensity that he did, so therefore, I think it was him. Wow, that was a crazy run-on sentence, but oh well. Anyway, I guess work was sort of pretty tame because I don't remember a whole hell of a lot of it. I guess I was moving features and plotting everything like that.

But once I got off work, I immediately sat down and started writing, which was a true blessing because it's been a little while since I've been in that crucial crux of soul-flow creativity, so it was amazing to get back into it. I finished the first scene out of five for this chapter, and I think I listened to Melodrama in it's entirety...four times I think? Literally haha. I was writing for most of the night, and I ain't mad at it. Oh, I do remember it was getting busy at work though, because it was supposed to snow, but even on the way home from work, there was nothing. The rest of the night was pretty unremarkable, other than that I finally gave into one of the movies I've been craving lately (The other is Jumanji) so I laid myself up in bed and started watching Twister. Literally one of my favorite movies ever, but I ended up falling asleep like halfway through, so I still have to watch the rest of it at some point. But while I was writing, I took some pretty killer pictures, but only one of them really turned out, so here's that.


YES BITCH WOOOOORRRRK. I titled it on Instagram after one of Lorde's lyrics from Sober II (Melodrama). "They'll talk about us and discover how we kiss and kill each other." which also happens to be one of my favorites lyrics from that song. Oh, I don't think I mentioned it, but I also got my Taylor Swift snake keychain, so also, here's that. 


Hiss hiss, bitch. I fucking love it. Also, this is random and has nothing to do with Friday, but I weirdly got the inkling to get this tattooed today? I don't know though, I'm still pretty set on my Album Title constellations, but we shall see. I just thought it would look pretty cool, but I don't know. I'm not much of a snake person usually.


So I woke up around ten or so, but I lounged around in bed because day off. I was feeling so lethargic and just feeling like I needed to rest, that I didn't end up doing much of anything. The first time I got out of bed was when I got an email saying that my guitar had been delivered, which bewildered me because I wasn't even supposed to get in until Monday. But once I emerged from the pit of my bed, low and behold, my guitar was waiting for me in the living room. I also saw that it had actually snowed some overnight, so that was nice to see. My grandma said my guitar had gotten here early in the morning, but I was none the wiser, and home girl's email got that good delay. So after scarfing down some quick breakfast and literally sharing in the delicacies that is the daiquiri with my grandma, I headed to my room to unbox and learn something on my brand new guitar! It's black and lovely and very reputation era. I would upload a pic, but I ripped open the box before I could get a picture of it. But here's a picture that I literally just took as I was writing this blog haha.


So after I got super frustrated with learning the guitar through the DVD that came with it, I decided to just relax, and somehow I stumbled upon Dragula. So here's the thing, I've heard of Dragula before, but I didn't really know what it was. But it looked like a darker, filthier, just overall edgier version of Drag Race, so I started watching Season 2 because at the time I wasn't aware that Season 1 was also on YouTube haha. But bitch. I was fucking obsessed. Like I binged all the episodes of Season 2 that are up, because it's still airing Season 2 right now, and I'm fucking in love. It's so much more grittier and just darker, kind of like Sharon Needles' drag but amped to a thousand, and I'm fucking here for it. And even though my main bitch only lasted two episodes (What up Monikkie, hey girl), I'm super excited to finish that. Then, after I was caught up, I started watching Season 1, since I found it on YouTube as well, but then I accidentally fell asleep...for over three hours. I literally woke up, and it was after ten pm. And given the fact that I had to work today, I was annoyed haha. But I stayed up a little bit, watching more of Season 7 of That '70s Show, and struggled to get back to sleep, but finally, after like one am, I finally fell back to sleep.


And that brings us to today. I woke up, not knowing what in the hell was going on, I think because of how hard it was for me to fall back asleep after my Dragula-induced nap, but I was thinking to myself "how long have I even been asleep?" and "how much longer until my alarm goes off?". And before I could even roll over to check, my alarm started going off. But considering the unscheduled nap, I slept pretty good. I turned on my Sam & Joe podcast and started getting ready. With my coffee under my wing, I headed to work. I stopped by Hardee's on the way in because I just really felt like I needed some type of food in my system for whatever reason, so after eating, I headed on inside. I wasn't really looking forward to the day because Faith Rose worked the day before, which she usually works Sundays with me so I'mma need her to cut out the Saturdays prontinto, but at least I had Morgan Francesca there with me. And since I didn't have any picks, just overstock, I made my morning focus the bins. They needed to be heavily capped, sorted to make room, and just overall, they needed attention, so that's what I did all morning. Listened to reputation in it's entirety, because I'm still listening to it non-stop because I have a serious problem, listened to some covers too, then once Seanathan Michael James Preston (Morgana started adding the James, so I'm testing it out. I'm here for it, but I'm also leaving it? We shall see) got there, I refocused on the department and getting it ready for the features coming in tonight, plus I had to build an endcap for a feature, and an endcap for all my fidget spinners because they went clearance, so ya girl had a lot on her plate.

One of the more leisurely things that happened today, that actually just made my day better, was Morgan and I were at the workstation, and Sean was there with us. And somehow we got on the topic of Mr. Movie Fone and like the voice that does movie trailers, and Sean and I were talking about how we had always wanted to do that. So I made up one about the weather we've had, the snow, and how people freak out about it, so I said something like will there be enough bread and milk, and then Morgan started to record us as Sean was laughing, then he said something like "Will Dan and Lisa make it to Walmart before the storm" and then he saw Morgan recording, and he was like NOPE haha. It was so funny, and his little laugh after my bread and milk thing was hilarious through the filter Morgan had on snapchat haha. Good times.

Morgan and I also went to lunch together. We hit up Sheetz, I got my mac and cheese bites because you know who I am, and we ate it outside at the smoking break table, it was nice. Then we cackled some more over the snap of us and Sean, so that was fun. Then the rest of the day was me trying to work around the mass of people in my department, which was difficult to weather because I had so much to do, and I even ended up leaving work a little bit late because of things not being done, because of how busy my department was, so there's that. But everything ended up getting done. There was also this like Girl Scouts charity thing happening in Personnel the last half of the day, and it was sort of in the way of the fixture room, so that was sort of aggravating.

Once I got home, which was around 5 or so, because I finally dropped off my old phone at one of those USPS blue drop off boxes, thanks to my grandma knowing there was one down the road beside Orange Market, and ate a quick dinner. Then I set my sights on messing around with my guitar a little bit, and after a failed attempt, I finally gave Yousician a go, and I actually love it. It really does make learning on it fun, and it's very informative with it's lessons, so I think I'm gonna stick to doing that every day, if I can. Thanks to YouTube for the constants ads for it haha. And that brings us to now. Now, I might watch some YouTube, might watch some Dragula Season 1, might just chill. But I took this bomb selfie, so here's that.


Slay the scene, bitch. Anyway, here's hoping to more regular blogs (Even though I keep saying that and it keeps not happening) and possibly regular post times. I'm so glad that I'm off after tomorrow haha. I know that it's only two days before my next day off, but I need it, Lord. And how about the new headers for the days? Just something I'm trying out.

Really vying for Dan & Lisa,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment