Saturday, December 16, 2017

To Perfection

| Now Playing: This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things by Taylor Swift |

It was so nice being friends again,
There I was giving you a second chance,
But you stabbed me in the back while shaking my hand.
And therein lies the issue,
Friends don't try to trick you,
Get you on the phone and mind twist you.
And so I took an axe to a mended fence.
But I'm not the only friend you've lost lately,
If only you weren't, so shady.

This is why we can't have nice, things,
Darling.
Because you break them, I have to take them,
Away.
This is why we can't have nice, things,
Honey.
Did you think I wouldn't hear all the things you said about me?
This is why we can't have, nice things.

Here's a toast to my real friends,
They don't care about that he said, she said.
And here's to my baby,
He ain't reading what they call me lately.
And here's to my mama,
Had to listen to all this drama.
And here's to you, 'cause forgiveness, is a nice thing to do.
HAHAHAHA.
I can't even say it with a straight face.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Helho. Here we are, on this lovely Saturday evening, riding the equal-part waves of infatuation, lethargy, and acid reflux. Doesn't make sense, does it? Probably because I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's be kind and rewind.


So after I laid down Wednesday, I ended up selecting The Santa Clause to watch while I went to sleep. I don't know, I just really wanted something light and whimsical, and apparently Tim Allen did it for me? All I know is I fell asleep even before halfway through. Then I headed into work. I had carts of freight, but I ended up working what I could by myself. By the time lunch and everything rolled around, I was still working on carts. I don't even really remember what I did for lunch that day. Faith Rose was finally working again, so I feel like we did something. Oh, we went to Sheetz with Morgan, that's what it was haha. But literally the rest of the work day was spent trying to get this ONE pallets from the trailer stocked in Toys, and it was a mad house. Seanathan Michael Preston tried to help me, but he kept getting pulled away and everything. And we were just so busy in my department, that you couldn't stock anything without people being down the ailse you needed or getting stopped for questions. I ended up leaving the rest of the pallet for Skyler to work because it was already after four and I was heading for a breakdown if I didn't leave.

I came home from work, must have done something, but I couldn't tell you what because I don't really remember a whole hell of a lot. That's what happens when I don't daily blog. It's just too much for me to try and remember. 

The next day wasn't too bad, just a little annoying towards the end. The day started with work, and me having four pick carts to run through, as well as five pallets that were constructed from the freight outside on the trailers. I was like oh heyll naw. But luckily, all the DMs were rounded up after the morning meeting to help me get all of it ran. Which, again, I'm super thankful for, but I still, and probably always will, feel bad about them being pulled from their own departments. Also, I didn't have a handheld until way later in the day, so I was already kind of peeved about that. 

During break, Faith Rose, Morgan, and I went outside, and Mary Ann was cracking us up because she randomly looked up, said "There's an airplane", paused, then said "to per-FECK-tion", and we were rolling. I don't know why she was emphasizing the second syllable so much, but it was hilarious. And then Destiny surprised me when she saw a truck drive and said he reminded her of the crab guy from Monsters Inc, and it was so descriptive and out of left field, that I ended up falling off the table outside haha. It was just too much for me to handle.

Faith Rose, Morgan, and I headed to lunch at Wendy's, and there's was drama when we got back. SOMEONE was really questioning when we clocked out and stuff, it was just enough. Destiny and I were definitely over it.com.uk.edu.k12. It's just so pointless, like how about we worry about something that matters? I don't know. But I kept trying to bin the overstock from the DM stock that morning, finally got a handheld, and kept that up. Then I was trying to leave at 3, because I had an hour of overtime, and I just wanted to go, especially with the get together at Allen's that I had to prepare for. But I stayed to get done all 41 of my negative on hands, which literally took me an entire hour to get them done because that screen is literally so damn slow. 

Then I bought a bottle of Chardonnay for Allen at work, and was trying to figure out what I wanted. I really wanted the Bacardi 40oz Razz, but the gas station up by Burger King near the house didn't have any, and then Kroger didn't have them so I settled for Smirnoff Screwdrivers and Smirnoff Green Apples haha. Which I love, so that was fine. Then I came home and finished watching Santa Clause from the other night. Allen said the get together was being pushed back by an hour, so I headed out to get something to eat. Taco Bell probably wasn't the best of choices, but I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I had Taco Bell and it was so fucking good. But then I made the drive up there, got a little turned around because it's Blacksburg, but arrived at the apartment. And even though Allen had to FaceTime me so I could find the right building, I made it.

And I was nervous. I mean, I was super comfortable around Allen, but meeting his roommate, and other friends made me super nervous. I'm so glad that Amanda Leigh was there because at least I had that energy to bounce off of. But it was a lot of fun! I met West (His roommate) their friend Kaydan (Who is a senior at Longwood where they graduate from), and CJ, who I'm pretty sure Amanda is dating? Not too sure on the details, but the evidence points to yes haha. We played Cards Against Humanity, which was fun. Talked with Allen about his work, and he was rubbing my leg and from then I knew I was a goner haha. He's just too damn cute. But later on, it was decided that I was staying the night, so there was that. After all the shenanigans with everyone using West's Alexa, and Amanda and CJ left, the four of us had some pizza, and then it was time to bring the night to a close.

Allen and I went into his bedroom and were talking about life and random things really, and we're laying there on his bed, holding each other, and it just felt so easy and comfortable. Then he asked if he could kiss me, which really is just like the cutest thing ever, and it was very nice after that. I'll never forget it simply because of how just...good it felt, it's hard to describe. It's just never felt so easy to like be with someone? I don't know, I'm doing a terrible job of explaining it. But he kept letting out these little laughs and telling me how adorable I was, and it was just a great time. Nothing crazy happened, mostly because it was past 4 AM and ya girl was tired. But it was just, definitely a night to remember.


And lastly, but certainly not least, that leaves today. I woke up, and went into the living room at Allen's place, everyone else was already up. West kept talking about getting brunch the night before, so that was the plan, but Kaydan was heading home, and there was some hilarious picking between the three of them that I got to witness. Then, the plan was to go see Star Wars, which I didn't end up going, but ya know. So after Kaydan left, West, Allen, and I headed to Highway 55 to grab something to eat, even though it really wasn't "brunch" food haha. 

After that we went back to the apartment, West and Allen needed to do some schoolwork / studying and were headed to Starbucks so I just decided to head home. I was a little confused as to why the Star Wars plans had changed simply because I didn't know when they were going, but it ended up being for the best because my stomach was really upset. So I drove home, loaded my bingo money on my card at work, because my Best Buy payment hadn't come out yet and I'm freaking out over money, which I just checked and it did, so I was freaking out for no reason, thank God. Then I chilled for a little bit, started watching Santa Clause 2 but decided I needed a nap from the heat-drenched sleep from the night before, and woke up to a text from Allen that they got out of the movies, which would have been a little late for moi, because apparently I needed sleep haha, so it all worked out in the end. Then, I took a shower, I'm dealing with acid reflux from the dinner I had when I ate before my nap, and here we are. I'm so ready to sleep, but am I lame for whatever for wishing Allen was here? I feel very spoiled from the night before haha. But anyway, here's to more weekends like this blog's details.

Enjoying the perfection,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment