Wednesday, December 6, 2017

You Know, It's The Thing!

| Now Playing: Getaway Car by Taylor Swift |

It was the best of times, the worst of crimes
I struck a match and blew your mind.
But I didn't mean it,
And you didn't see it.
The ties were black, the lies were white
In shades of grey and candlelight.
I wanted to leave him,
I needed a reason.

X marks the spot, where we fell apart
He poisoned the well, I was lying to myself.
I knew it from the first Old Fashioned we were cursed,
We never had a shotgun shot in the dark.

You were driving the getaway car
We were flying by we never get far.
Don't pretend it's such a mystery,
Think about the place where you first met me.
Riding in a getaway car,
There were sirens in the beat of your heart.
Should've known I'd be the first to leave,
Think about the place where you first met me.
In a getaway car, no they never get far.
No, nothing good starts in a getaway car.

We were jet-set Bonnie and Clyde
Until I switched to the other side, to the other side.
It's no surprise I turned you in,
'Cause us traitors never win.
I'm in a getaway car,
I left you in a motel bar.
Put the money in the bag and I stole the keys,
That was the last time you ever saw me.

I was riding, in a getaway car
I was crying, in a getaway car
I was dying, in a getaway car
Said goodbye in, a getaway car
_________________________________________________________________

Guess who's back with the daily blogging? THIS BITCH. Or at least I'm going to try to anyway. There's no telling what the next few work days are going to be like, but here's to trying.

So after posting my last blog, I ended up laying in bed and just trying to relax, which was sort of difficult. I don't know if it was because I wasn't all that tired or because I was still riding the coattails of my date with Allen, but sleep wasn't coming to me as easily as I would have liked. So I was scrolling around on Tumblr, as a Swiftie does, and someone said to check your Ticketmaster page on taylorswift.com because they were giving you your presale code date on the website itself instead of sending out emails. So I checked mine, and low and behold. There it was, in bold arial. It said that I was going to be receiving my presale code on Tuesday, which meant I had the best boosts because Tuesday is the earliest anyone has access to these tickets!
A bitch is so hyped for Tuesday now! And I truly appreciate the time being between 4 and 5 because a bitch also has to work haha.

So today at work was pretty chill. I was able to get a handheld, which is a new feeling for the day, but I'll take it. My lovely Faith Rose wasn't there, and I knew she was supposed to work so I was beside myself. It was my Terry Risa's birthday, so I had to text her happy birthday because I love her so much. And then Hell truly became a national glacier when Shanan came up to me at the work station saying that all DM's that were working we gonna come over to Toys and help me run my four carts of picks. WHAT? Toys getting help around the holidays? Never heard of it. But it was great getting the help, we got the four carts ran in record time. But then afterwards I found a fifth and final cart, and then Shanan found a bunch of Magic Tracks that I had to deal with. And because I was dealing with an empty four foot at the Pharmacy wall, I didn't go to lunch until 12, but that was okay because I got to spend lunch with Faith Rose. And it was funny because we ended up getting a pizza from the deli and I had tweeted earlier that morning how bad I wanted pizza?

So here we are, days later after I started writing this blog...go figure haha. Actually, a lot has happened since I started writing this blog on Sunday, and the main reason I was interrupted was because my phone wouldn't load and I really wanted that tweet for some reason, but anyway. It's currently Thursday afternoon, because I missed posting the blog, again, for very good reason, but I realize I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Let's go back to Monday, because all the rest of Sunday was just work and trying to get rid of features and pallets like usual.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really remember a whole lot of what went on on Monday. I can't quite recall what even happened on Monday. I know I spent the whole day plotting out features and everything, and trying to get to get to the picks, which I normally don't have time to do. Oh, I remember a little bit now. They had us running Apparel's freight, and we even had Seanathan Michael Preston helping us run it. So after that, we were able to hit our own departments, but it was already ten o'clock by that time.

Tuesday was much more interesting. And by interesting, I mean overwhelmingly emotional and the site cause of an emotional breakdown. For starters, I wasn't feeling good when I left work Monday, that much I do remember. And while I actually slept good for the first time in a while, especially since I've been sick, so I went into work trying to feel the best about work and everything. Well, the pitfall happened. So once I started actually working, I started feeling worse. I don't know if it was the ramifications of the day prior, or just the sickness getting worse before I felt better, but it just wasn't good.

So we started zoning Toys, and I was just started to feel really bad. I'm just so tired of all the stress and everything else. Plus, and I know it may seem stupid, but I had my mind on other things, like how I really need to get back to writing, and soon, and then there was the fact that my presale code for Taylor Swift tickets was getting texted to me from Ticketmaster after work, so I just wasn't there mentally either, which didn't help. I was trying to push out all of the picks, and all of the features, and it was just a lot. Plus, I got some news that wrecked me. They literally had us up front zoning the registers, and I was crying while zoning on the floor. It was a lot. I know that my friend is a lot happier capping away from the mess, but I was so pissed off by how it played out, I still call bullshit. It was just too much. It was then that I decided that mentally, emotionally, I needed to go home, the stress was just too much for me to handle. So I talked to Preston and told him I wanted to take the point, and go home early. Plus their was the added stress and pressure because a WDBJ7 contest winner was coming into our store later to purchase things, namely my department, and it was just too much all at once. I ended up going home at 2:30.

And I'm so glad I did. I was feeling awful, the stress was eating away at me, and the empathy for my friend was draining, so I really needed to get home. And not that it had anything to do with my leaving, I'm glad I was able to focus on getting my Taylor Swift tickets. The window for Ticketmaster said I would receive a text between 4 and 5pm. Well color me surprised when 5 passes and I have no code. Come to find out, they were doling them out one at a time, so that's why it was so delayed. Some people didn't get their code until after 8, and they were told between 4 and 5. But I got mine at around 5:30, and I got my tickets! Something happened when I tried to purchase seats, but they gave me seats in the same row, so I'm ecstatic. It still really hasn't sunk in yet. I have floor seats for Taylor's reputation stadium tour. THAT'S SO INSANE. This will be my second Taylor Swift show, but my 1989 tour experience was awful, and I'm hoping that our seats, while they are floor seats, aren't blocked by the stage like my 1989 ones were. But bitch, I'm seeing Taylor on the floor, what the fuck. July 10th can't come fast enough!!

Okay, so we've covered the sad and the great Taylor news, so let's try for a happier blog! So yesterday, Wednesday, was a great day, albeit a long one. So I ended up doing four pick carts, binning two pallets of overstock, and moving features to make room for multiple prenotes during the day. I felt bad for leaving, so I really wanted to push myself. Preston was really proud and appreciate, so that made me feel good. Also, the title comes from him haha. It actually happened out in the trailer that first day, when I first got the dust crap, and he talked about his dad playing Scattergories, and the title of this blog was way he would say in a New York accent to get Sean to guess it haha. Sean's pretty great. So it was also a good day because literally right after I got my tickets, I got an email from AT&T saying my phone was being shipped to my mom's house and would be available Wednesday night! So I was already planning on going down there. But Mom, who was in the ER until 5AM the whole night I was buying tickets, got cellulitis in her right arm, and needed medicine because it fucked up for her. So it worked out that I went down there anyway, plus having Thursday off helped. I went down there, talked to Mom and Josh a little bit, got my phone, and headed back home. Where it took my FOUR HOURS to get my phone backed up, switched over, and activated. But I'm officially in LOVE with my iPhone X and I'm so glad I got it. It literally only took my like twenty minutes to get accustomed to not having a home button. Totes recommend.

And today, since it is technically Thursday, I had to get up early to get my car inspected at First Team, got that done in about an hour, bought myself some McDonald's breakfast, went to AT&T to get a case on this very fragile phone, and then back home where I was tailed by a cop, which worried me because I was like oh shit I think my registration is out for November, which it is, but he ended up not pulling me over, thank God. So guess what I'm doing as soon as I get paid Tuesday? Gotta get them tags and soon, because my luck WILL run out with that, I know how cops are. And then the rest of the day? Watched some Trisha Paytas eat some Burger King, which really made me crave it, and then low and behold, my grandpa got us BK for dinner? Life is crazy that way haha. Then I've been bingeing Slasher on Netflix all day and IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD BITCH. LIKE they just revealed who the Executioner was and I'M FUCKED UP. But I'm gonna go watch the finale, start Season 7 of That '70s Show when I got to bed, and try and get better at blogging. Plus, I really need to get some writing done, and soon.

Knowing when a thing is in fact a thing,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment