Saturday, September 2, 2017

Totes Masc, Bro

| Now Playing: I Like Me Better by Lauv |

To be young and in love in New York City,
To not know who I am, but still know that I'm good,
As long as you're here with me.
To be drunk and in love in New York City,
Midnight into morning coffee,
Burning through the hours talking.
Damn.

I like me better when I'm with you,
I like me better when I'm with you.
I knew from the first time,
I'd stay for a long time 'cause.
I like me better when,
I like me better when I'm with you.
_______________________________________________________

Okay, so, currently? I'm fucked up. But I'll get to that because literally something could happen at any given minute and, because I'm Taylor Swift t r a s h, I'm liable to combust at the first sight of movement.

The past couple days haven't been too bad, albeit they still didn't go according to plan. I STILL haven't gotten the chance to talk to Sean about what I've been dealing with lately, and it's no one's fault. It's just bad timing, crazy timing. And I understand that. It's just frustrating when I'm going through this stuff, and I know that something could possibly be done about it, and nothing's going forward simply because we can't even have the initial conversation. It's rough, but I'll be alright. Sean's on vacation for the next week, so that'll delay it even more. It sucks, but like I said, I'll be alright.

Working the weird hours that I did on Thursday was just that: weird. It felt weird to get to sleep in, even if it was just until ten o'clock. With how hard it's been for me to sleep and feel rested lately, I'll take whatever sleep I can these days. I wanted to get some writing done while I waited to go in at 4pm, but I didn't. I was just too anxious, I guess, from going in at work. I've never worked a midnight Toys event, or a midnight Walmart event in general, so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. But all I did before work was watch Queer As Folk and stay in bed. All in all, a good way to spend ones' time. The event wasn't bad. I got everything straightened up and ready for the Star Wars train by moving features and all that jazz.

SOMETHING HAPPENED. TAYLOR SWIFT JUST LIKED A POST FROM ME ON TUMBLR. Literally what is my life? I'm on here complaining and shit and TAYLOR, SWEET SWEET TAYLOR LIKES A POST FROM ME??? It wasn't my post but the fact that she liked it from ME means I'm for sure on her Tumblr dashboard. I know she follows me and has liked an actual post of when the Out Of The Woods video dropped but I'M SO FUCKED UP?????????


Okay, I'm going to try and salvage this trash blog post by continuing. Aside from one customer, the Force Friday event was fine. She told me I could have opened the Star Wars train early, even though I opened it right at midnight, but ya know. Okay, so then Friday, nothing much happened. I was helping Morgan a lot throughout the day with display TV's and things of that nature. I also didn't come in until 9am because I was there until almost 2am. It was weird. I didn't sleep much, but I got to leave at 4:30 on Friday, so all was well.

I really didn't want to go to work today, because ya know. But I did. And even though there was a bunch of freight, mostly belonging to other departments, it was a pretty good day. I had Amber there with me so it was even better. We worked Wendy's freight almost all day long. As in until about 3 o'clock. Yeah. It was a lot. It's just crazy how much things have changed at work lately. I mean, just look at Kelly? Gone. It's just absolutely insane.

So then today. I came home and started watching Queer As Folk and upping my boosts on taylorswift.com because I just wanted to relax. And then, as I'm still doing both of the aforementioned activities, Taylor puts on her Instagram story something about watching the football game tonight at 8 on ABC with the hashtag #ReadyForIt? LIKE NO TAYLOR, I'M STILL NOT OVER LWYMMD GIRL. So at approximately 8:13, a promo for the game comes on featuring what is a snippet of A NEW SONG FROM TAYLOR. There's no official name of it yet, but we're hoping it drops at midnight, in which case, I'll film my reaction to it in full. The snippet is a minute long and it's SO GOOD. "Are you ready for it?" is the presumed title and it's more DARK POP bitch I'M DONE! Also she dropped new merch with "...ready for it?" on taylorswift.com, and you know that this ts trash can already bought it. I'm a fucking mess. I'm going to try to stay glued together from Taylor liking that post from me and make it until midnight. I'm so not ready.

Also shout out to Lauv for making his way on the NP. I've still been listening to Look What You Made Me Do like non-stop, but I've had this song on my phone for a while now and revisited it the other night while in bed and I was just grooving so hard because it's so good. I've been alternating between I Like Me Better and Look What You Made Me Do the past couple days on the way to work. And shout out to Pike for the nod to the title. They have a video titled that, and I've been saying it a lot lately. I said it while I walked past some basketball shorts today at work because I love basketball shorts. I also posted the title about Taylor Swift getting me to watch a football game haha. Only Taylor could turn me into a sporty spice.

Masculine and trash for Taylor Swift,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment