Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Say Hello To Veronica Lodge

| Now Playing: ...Ready For It? by Taylor Swift |

Knew he was a killer,
First time that I saw him.
Wonder how many girls he had left and left haunted.
But if he's a ghost then,
I can be a phantom,
Holding him for ransom.
Some, some boys are trying too hard,
He don't try at all though.
Younger than my exes but he act like such a man so.
I see nothing better,
I keep him forever,
Like a vendetta.

I see how this is gon' go,
Touch me and you'll never be alone.
Island breeze and lights down low,
No one has to know.

In the middle of the night, in my dreams,
You should see the things we do, baby, mmm.
In the middle of the night, in my dreams,
I know I'm gonna be with you, so I take my time.
Are you ready for it?
____________________________________________________________

Did you peep that song in the NP? That's right, Taylor dropped a new song, and I'm obsessed. This is literally a dream come true because not only is Taylor releasing new music for the first time in three years, but it really looks like she's going down a Dark Pop avenue. That's all I've ever wanted and more for Taylor, and it looks like that's what she's giving to me and I'm forever grateful for that. But enough about the Queen, let's get this blog underway. I'm trying something different on this one, because I felt like my blog's have been a little rushed lately, and I'm not really delving into what I've been feeling and everything. So, I'm going to write this blog post in installments, during the actual days that they happen so maybe I can accurately portray the picture I'm trying to convey. Alright, for real for real, on to the blog.

So after tuning into that horrendous football game Saturday night, and after freaking the fuck out that we were getting a new song, nothing happened. I don't know if I even mentioned it before, but it was randomly one night when the time stamp for "Track 1" showed up on iTunes, and it sat that way for a few days. And after Taylor liked that post from me, I was gone. G-O-N-E, gone, bitch. I was so excited, and I actually started messaging the girl who's post it was on Tumblr, and we sort of bonded and became friends, so that was nice. But there was no release of the song at midnight, or even an hour after, so I eventually fell asleep.

And then woke up to a massive shitstorm. I woke up, and the single had been out for just under an hour. I literally whipped my ass out of bed, got everything ready, and recorded my reaction to the track, now complete with an official name. The first track off of reputation is titled '...Ready For It?'. And here's my reaction to it for those interested.


As you can see, I was shooketh to the core. I was literally up for all of ten minutes before I was bopping my ass to this new track. The opening? Killed me. The verses? Revived me. The high notes and backing vocal? Killed me again. It's literally so good. AND THIS IS BASICALLY TAYLOR RAPPING LIKE WHAT? I can already see this being the opener for the Rep Tour, and hearing Taylor say 'Are you ready for it?' followed by that breaking synth swaying all over the arena. I can't fucking wait for it to happen. Also, my Target order didn't go through weirdly yesterday, so I reordered. And now, my albums purchased on taylorswift.com is finally correct now with how many I've purchased. So that ended up being wonderful.

All I've done with this singular day off is a big, fat, nothing. It's become rapidly apparent that I need one day to, like, detox from the week, and then I can get everything I need to get done. That's what's been so great about having weekends off. But since this was my weekend to work, that's not going to happen. I'm off on Wednesday this week, so I'm hoping that can be my day to get some writing done. But all in due time. I basically just watched Queer As Folk and scrolled through Tumblr all day. My TV isn't working right, so I had to miss Big Brother, even after catching up on the live eviction I missed working the Star Wars event Thursday night. So I've just been working on my boosts for taylorswift.com and watching Queer As Folk, which I finally started Season 3 of, for the past hours. I also took a little nap for I think two hours, it really disoriented me so I have no concept of when it happened and for how long, but yeah.

And then right before I went to bed, I decided to check my video, just to see if I had any comments. I love getting comments on my videos in general, but especially my reaction videos because it's literally me just being a mess and myself haha. Last time I checked it, like around the time I posted it, it was at like 300 views, which is CRAZY. Like that's so cool. So imagine my shock and surprise when I pull up my channel and I see that my reaction to ...Ready For It? is at an unimagined FIVE THOUSAND VIEWS. I literally was laying in bed, staring at my screen like...is this a glitch? No way there's five thousand people that have watched my video. But after refreshing it and everything, the thing was already almost at six thousand. LIKE WHAT?? Never in my wildest dreams (trademark, Taylor Swift) would I imagine gaining that many views over my silly self. But I'm SUPER grateful that people are liking my reaction. And there were so many comments! So, of course, I had to reply to all of them, it's the least I could do.

By morning, I was really thinking about taking a mental health day again, when weighing the thought of going into work. I just can't help feeling that way anymore. I love my job, and love having it, but I just really need to talk to Sean. So anyway, I headed to work, stopped and got some Hardee's because #TeamFat and #TrashFam. And as I was eating my breakfast, I decided to check my video again. I messaged Benzo about it the night before, but I knew she was asleep. So as I'm checking it, she texts me and is like ARE YOU FAMOUS which is hilarious because it's a little overwhelming knowing that many people have seen me acting like a literal fool on the internet, but like I've said, it's literally just me being myself, so oh well. But then she's like YOU'RE AT NINE THOUSAND NOW. I about choked on my biscuit. Sure enough, I was at nine thousand and counting. THAT'S LITERALLY SO CRAZY TO ME. This is super doubtful, but if anyone who reads this (lol) has watched the video, thank you. I'm so overwhelmed and excited by this fact.

So work was pretty normal, I guess "Thanks I guess". I didn't have a lot of freight, but Dwayne instantly was like "Can you do Zack's?" because he wasn't there. And I instantly was just annoyed. Not because I mind helping, but because this is the issue. There's too much freight and not enough people. And even after I managed to get all my freight ran, while helping customers and fellow DM's alike, I moved on over to help out Wendy with all of her freight. I don't know what's been going on with Housewares getting so much ungodly freight, but something needs to be done about it, seriously. I was over there the entire rest of my shift. Literally until it was time for me to take my cart back and everything. And there was still live freight when we left. Yeah. Something seriously needs to be done about it because I'm at the point where I'm Squidward about it. I see it, but do I really have interest in helping?


Literally, that's me. Anyway. I was going to work on my boosts for taylorswift.com with the rest of my evening, but I really didn't feel like staying up until 10pm, just doing boosts. So I decided that I'll regroup Tamar Braxt when I can get them in earlier. So I just decided to lounge around and watch Queer As Folk. And as of 10pm as I'm updating this, my video for ...Ready For It? has hit 11,000 VIEWS!! WHAT THE FUCK. It's so exciting. I can't wait to be reacting to Superfruit's album and Shania Twain's album when they come out later this month. AND Demi's new album, Tell Me You Love Me, comes out the same day as Shania's!? How am I going to deal with both albums dropping the same day!? September 29th about to be real busy for ya girl.

Also, it randomly hit me while working that I really want to dye my hair. I'm feeling hella empowered by all this new music Taylor Swift is putting out, and I just need new hair the reflects me being the baddest bitch in the game. So that's going to happen. Peep that photo, but I'll get to that here in a little bit.

Yesterday wasn't too bad at all, in terms of work. I even got to stay in routine, in a manner of speaking. I woke up, and it was really hard getting up for the day. I don't know why, but both yesterday and Monday, I've had such a hard time willing myself to get up. I don't know if it's me being over what's been regularly happening at work or not, but I'm not about it. Anyway, I checked my video before I left for work, and my video was already surpassed 12K! It's still so crazy to me that that's continuing to be a thing. More comments have been coming in, and I've been replying to them all, per usge. It's just so great that people are loving my reaction. And this one viewer, commented on my LWYMMD reaction, and followed me on Twitter. Then tweeted a selection of my reaction and that got over 100 retweets. LITERALLY WHAT IS HAPPENING. It's so crazy, but I love it and I'm grateful.

Like I said, work wasn't too bad. It was pretty much routine, with a couple wrenches thrown in the plan. But for the most part, I got to go about my day without too much delay. And once my check went in, the one with our bonus on it, thank God, I decided that I was going to get my hair color and also but some Beats on layaway. And I even got a great deal on them anyway, because they were cheaper online. And with my discount factored in, it was like 200 bucks for these 350 dollar headphones. So ya girl was excited for that.

I headed home, finally, after it taking a while to deal with my layaway thing and purchasing my hair color. Had some dinner, and I decided to wait a little bit to dye my hair. Why? Because I really needed to get my boosts in on taylorswift.com. I know, I'm Taylor Swift trash, but that's already been established. Anyway, I did that while scrolling on Tumblr, and then I went ahead and preordered the album from taylorswift.com. And then I was gonna go ahead and preorder that Rep hat, but it's sold out. Not only that, but almost EVERYTHING on the store is sold out. Like WHAT?! People must be really wanting their boosts and therefore their tickets. But I got the album cover t-shirt in my size before it sold out too.

Then I made the process of trying to cut my hair, but that didn't happen because the clippers that my grandparents have are better than mine, but they only have two attachments, and ya home girl really doesn't know how to use them. So I decided to get it cut later, since our hair place was closed today at work for reasons of unknown origin. Anyway, coloring my hair was a process. Especially in the bathroom here because it's always so damn hot in there. But I got it done. It's so black. I was going to post a picture of what it looked like once I dyed it, but I decided to wait until I get it cut too and it looks exactly like how I want it. Then I waited around until American Horror Story came on. Cult is gonna be fucked. It really messed me up. Then it was time for Queer As Folk and bed.

I didn't get to do any writing today, something I'm pretty bummed about. But this week hasn't been too bad and I'm just trying to cut myself a break. August was pretty rough for me, so I'm cutting myself the slack I feel like I owe myself. But I did get some things done today. After dyeing my hair last night, I knew that once I got up, I needed to head somewhere and get my hair cut because it's in such dire need. So I settled on just going to the Valley View Walmart to get it cut because there was no chance I was going to my store to get it done, plus, with them being randomly closed yesterday, there was no guarantee that they'd be open anyways. After doing some shopping and actually finding my first ever Simpsons t-shirt (I would have gotten the other one too, but they didn't have one in size fat), I headed over to the hair cutting place. She actually did a bomb job, and with my new Vantablack look, it looks fucking incredible. All I can think about is Veronica Lodge, the Riverdale iteration, because she's my queen. So here's a picture of the new Veronica Lodge.


I really like the way I look with black hair for some reason. I mean, I've dyed my hair black before, but this feels right? It's really hard to explain, but yeah. I'm obsessed with it. I feel like I'm so fucking ready for Rep Tour with black hair now haha. Anyways, after I left Valley View, I headed home. And got to work on cleaning my room and car, and getting my much needed laundry done. Luckily, I got the trash out of my room and car fairly quickly, and pushed forward to get my laundry done. Then, I literally just relaxed the rest of the day today. I really was thinking about taking a mental health day for tomorrow, but I guess I won't. I really want to, and feel like I could benefit from it. But I need the money, even with the great bonus we got on this check that I got on Tuesday. I don't think I mentioned but I also ordered a new phone case? Like I love the one I got, but it still gets dust and dirt underneath this supposed protective barrier. Anyway, the new case shipped out today, so that's great. Another thing that hasn't been working? My TV. It was working fine when I flipped it to that football game that Taylor made me watch, but ever since then, the remote won't change the channel. I've tried everything, but I've missed Big Brother because of it. I've caught up thanks to the internet, but still, it's pretty annoying.

Also, my reaction video of ...Ready For It? is at 13.9K views as we speak. LITERALLY CRAZY.

I really, really hope that since I talked to Shanan and I'm getting this weekend off like I'm really supposed to, despite what the schedule says, that I can get some writing done this weekend. I feel like it's been so long since I've written, and I always get a little stir crazy when I haven't gotten any material covered in a while. I'm just going to sink into bed and lose myself in some Queer As Folk and try to drown the heart heavy thoughts when thinking about getting up early for work tomorrow. I just want things to change. And hopefully, when Sean gets back from vacation, they can. Until then, Veronica Lodge incarnate can extinguish the fire.

Specializing in ice,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment