Wednesday, September 13, 2017

And That's Putting It Loose Leaf

| Now Playing: Garden by Dua Lipa |

Used to walk around your apartment,
Nothing but a smile on me.
But tonight I'm so self conscious,
Isn't it so clear to see?
Nothing's ever perfect in paradise,
Don't know what it's worth 'til you pay the price,
When you bite your tongue does it draw blood?

So are we leaving, this Garden of Eden?
Are we leaving, this Garden of Eden?
Now I know, what I know,
But it's hard to find a meaning.
Where do we go, 'cause we don't,
Believe in this Garden of Eden.
_____________________________________________________

The past few days since my last blog have been pretty weird, I guess. Just weird, really. Sunday was wonderful, because I was still off. I got a little bit of writing done, but not too much. After writing almost the entire weekend I had off, I was sort of more than creatively drained. But getting 25 pages done over the course of three days is a feat nonetheless.

I also finally got to get together with Benzo on Sunday, and it was much needed. After she got off work, we met up at the usge, good ol' Alejandro's. We had a great time, and the food of course was hella good so we kept on dancing. The title of this blog also comes from out time together, as I'm hilarious and said this when retelling to her about work. But it's also fitting, seeing as how work went on Tuesday. I'm literally just hilarious is the moral of the story.

Work on Monday, was actually pretty amazing. And given how the setup to work began, that's a miracle. Sunday night, I couldn't sleep. I was nervous about going into work because I had called out, and no matter the just reason, I felt guilty for not being there. I guess that's just the person that I am. I didn't fall asleep until around 3:30 in the morning, and considering I have to be up at 6 for work, it just was awful. Heading into work was rough, super rough. I was so tired, and on top of all the worries I had, it was just a lot to deal with. But like I said, the day ended up being pretty great. I actually was able to follow routine and just had a really good day. But my ear acted up. It's important to note here that my ear didn't bother me ALL WEEKEND. But as soon as I get back to work? Intense ear pain, throbbing pain. It was so intense. I've really got to get this checked out.

We also have a new Co at the store. Dennis, and he's awesome. That was mainly presented on Tuesday. We were called to an early meeting to be told that we had to move BTS, take it to L&G, and then set the rest of Halloween. A mess. Literally, we weren't in out departments from the rest of the day. Literally until 4. But we were out of fixtures, and within ten minutes, Dennis had us some. I have a really good feeling about him. He's super great. I actually had to take the helm of BTS / Halloween project because there was just no direction going on and we needed to get it done. So I took on that role, and it turned out pretty good.

When I got off work, I filmed a new reaction video. I had the idea to react to someone I've never listened to, so I decided to react to Dua Lipa's debut album. She's been really popular on Tumblr, so I figured what the hick, why not. And I was impressed. Here's my video, if you'd like to watch it.


So there's me being the mess I usually am. But it was super fun to react to. Next up is Superfruit on Friday and I'm so excited! That's going to be so much fun. I absolutely love their music, and having another seven tracks to listen to is going to be hella good, so I'm sure I'll keep on dancing there as well.

Today was really good. Firstly, my time off got approved for Taylor Swift's album release! I'm super extra, I know, but to truly prepare myself, I need the day off. So thank God that's a real and true thing. Taylor would be proud haha.

And since I've been having such a hard time sleeping lately, after I got off work yesterday, I went straight to bed. Literally, right after dinner. I slept from 6:30 in the afternoon until 4:30 in the morning. THAT'S how tired I was. But I went ahead and stayed up once I got up this morning, because I had already slept for ten hours, so I figured I should get up for the day. I'm so sad though because I finished Queer As Folk. I'M LITERALLY SO SAD. I cried during the ending, even though I've seen it multiple times before. I just can't. Queer as Folk is such a damn good show. I just finished the last episode while I was doing my boosts for taylorswift.com after dinner tonight.

Then I caught the Nintendo Direct, literally nothing exciting but more info on UltraMoon and Mario Odyssey, but there ya go. No news on Smash, super annoyed at that. But that's about it. Oh, I also sort of talked to Dennis today about my feelings, the ones I've been trying to talk to Seanathan Michael lately (That's his new name, per me). I felt so relieved to get it off my chest, but I don't know what's going to happen with it. Probably nothing, but we shall see. Oh. And Bitch. I got selected to do the cheer this morning, and it went poorly. It was AP (I won't even bother saying her name) who kept egging me on, and I was like no, I'm not doing it. I just don't feel comfortable being put on the spot in front of a large group of people. That literally sets my anxiety on fire, and she was gasoline dangling over the flame. She pulled me aside after the meeting and said "you WILL do it next time." Not a chance, I'm not putting myself in that sort of situation. So yeah, that happened.

I'm gonna chill out for the rest of the night, maybe try and watch Big Brother, if I can.

Leaving loosely,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment