Wednesday, August 23, 2017

REPUTATION

| Now Playing: Supercut by Lorde |

'Cause in my head,
In my head I do every right.
When you call,
When you call I forgive and not right.
Because ours are the moments I play in the dark,
We were wild and fluorescent, come home to my heart.

In your car, the radio up.
In your car, the radio up.
We keep trying to talk about us,
I'm someone you maybe might love.
I'll be your quiet afternoon crush,
Be your violent overnight rush,
Make you crazy over my touch.

But it's just a supercut of us, supercut of us.
Oh it's just a supercut of us, supercut of us.
_____________________________________________________________

BITCH. Okay, so let's get into this gig henny, because so much has happened in almost every way since my last blog that for every bit of that one that was short? This one will be twice as long. I want to start off first by saying that the only reason that Lorde is in the NP (I know, for, like, the third or fourth time) is because Taylor Swift's single hasn't dropped yet. I'll get into more on Taylor Swift and her mic drop shenanigans in a second, but I've just been so obsessed with Lorde and mainly Melodrama lately. As I've previously stated, it's the soundtrack to my second book, that I'm currently working on, and so whenever I'm writing, I put on Melodrama. So even when I'm not writing, like driving on the way too and from work, it's Melodrama that I'm listening to, and Supercut has been the latest to join restless brain. Now that that's out of the way, let's kick this shit into overdrive because ya girl has a lot to cover and tonight's Big Brother night, so mama's on a time crunch.

So on my last blog, I talked about how on my day off on Saturday, I didn't really do a whole lot because it had been a pretty emotionally draining week and I just need a day to be Lays Potato Chips. But that was not the case with my second day off. Sunday was full-speed ahead on getting some work done, and by work, I mean writing. I downed two (honestly, bases on ounces, it's probably four) cups of coffee, and ya reigning ketchup kween was swerving for all ya nerve. I had it in my mind to finally finish chapter five of Book Two that day AND get the entiery of chapter five typed up in Scrivener. And that's exactly what I accomplished. It took my all day, literally a minimum of eight hours, if not more, but it happened. And I was super proud of myself because not only did I reach that personally set goal, but the content bitch. If anyone (as if anyone reads this haha) has read my first book (or that either), this second one is on a whole other level. I don't know what kind of shit I'm on, but it's that good good because this book is churning out some hyperactive soul-sloshing excellence. Not to toot my own horn, but toot toot motherfucker.

I'll try to stop cussing so much, but literally me. Anyways, then we move on to the start of the work week, which, let's be honest, work wasn't great because work really isn't ever great anymore, but I pushed through because of Taylor Swift. Monday was the day of the solar eclipse, and after Taylor had wiped all of her social media on Friday, and left it blank over the whole weekend, the entire Swiftie fandom was S H O O K E T H. Like the struggle was so real, it was on a fishing line (I realize how week of a joke that was, but literally give me a break, I'm still reeling from the news of Taylor's today). And there were so many rumors going around, I can't even begin to type them all out because Lays Potato Chips: The In-Between-quell, but the main rumor was was that Taylor was going to drop a brand new single on our ass Monday.

Okay, so let's set the scene. I'm minding my business, doing my job, it's a little bit after eleven, and I just casually check at my phone. Now, for anyone reading this (lol) that doesn't know, I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan, and that's putting it so mild, salsa is quaking for her position. Taylor follows me on Tumblr (Two years later, and I still can't believe it), and I have notifications set up for when she posts on Tumblr, as well as Twitter. So back to the scene, I casually pick up my phone and see a video was posted on both her Tumblr and Twitter pages. I. Blacked. Out. I remember clutching my chest, my breath hitchhiked across the globe, and I finally got the courage to click on the notifications once my breath made it's round trip back to my lungs. This bitch, with no caption, uploads a ten second, silent video of what appears to be some type of reptile's tail.


LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I was so perplexed. Everyone was saying it had to do something about the Kimye comments about Taylor being a snake, which, by now, it's pretty much confirmed that that's what Taylor's referencing by posting her multiple videos (More on those in a sec). I'll post the videos so anyone (me) can view them. Anyway, so that happened while I was at work and I was completely FREAKING OUT. Like, it's been three years since Taylor Swift put out music, almost like two years since we've heard much from her, a year since we've really seen her out in public, and she wipes her media over the weekend and then posts a video of a snake / some type of reptile tail on Monday? Literally crazy. So that's all us Swifties had. Was the video, which half were saying was a snake and half were saying was a dragon, and rumors. That's all we had. So with the video live and all over the world, the rumor is that the single is going to drop around the time of the eclipse. This was largely do to Joseph Kahn, her director from the Blank Space and Wildest Dreams videos, but, since Joseph Kahn is literally the biggest troll in the fandom, that didn't happen. And if you look closely, there's a five on the tail. Most of us were hoping for a livestream at 5, but that didn't happen. Then it became clear that it meant five days. Friday. A new single on Friday. HOW IS THIS REAL LIFE.

I actually got to witness the eclipse, and I'm really glad I got to experience it. I can't deny that I was a little let down, because even though here in Salem were weren't expecting but 90% totality, I was just expecting for it to get a little bit darker than it did. There's been less light in the sky right before a thunderstorm, but it was still really cool to witness that glowing fingernail in the sky haha. A bunch of us made sure to get to see the eclipse during the beginning and peak times of it, and I'm just glad that I have that story to tell. Like I said during the eclipse, I was waiting for Stone Age medieval darkness.

Yesterday was my first day of Academy. Both Wendy and I were headed to Academy this week, and needless to say, with how much pressure everyone has put on it, we were dreading it a little bit. Me? I was a little ready to get out of my home store for two days, I'm not even trying to lie. And it was refreshing, I'm not ready to go back tomorrow to what I can only assume will be a shitstorm, but I'll get to that later as well. So I get up my normal time, no single from Taylor has dropped overnight, so all is well. I head to the store, meet up with Wendy, we clock in, and then head to Academy over at Valley View. It honestly wasn't too bad. Just a lot to take in and try to retain. Luckily, we could take notes and new that the test we would take today would be open book. So that helped. But it's still nerve racking when you're told you could be demoted if you don't pass it. Like I said, they super hyped up the pressure, and for no reason.

So then, at the same time as yesterday, 11AM, Taylor drops another video on Tumblr and Twitter, and being in class, I couldn't whip out my phone and view it. I felt the vibrate at around 11, and I knew. I just knew. Call it my Swiftie Sense, but ya girl was Raven Symone. *To the tune of "It's the future I can see"* It's the Swiftie Sense in me. I'm a mess, I know. But anyway. This time, the video looks more like snakes, a tangle of them of sorts, and this video is also silent, but 20 seconds long.



What the FUUUUUUCK, right? Like what the hell is going on? It's one thing to post these things, but with no context or caption? It was driving us CRAZY. After looking on Tumblr, some crazy good detective ass Swifties discovered that not only were these images indeed of a snake, but also said that it was a certain type of snake. A bush viper. And after looking it up, there's no doubt. It's definitely that. But today's video really confirmed that, but before I get into that, I have to get into the crazy religious woman that made me super uncomfortable at lunch yesterday.

So Valley View has a Burger King in their store, in the same vein that our store has a Subway. Okay, so that's what Wendy and I decided that we were going to have for lunch that day. So we're in line, and Wendy has to take a phone call, so it's just me waiting for my food to be done (Their broiler was down, so only foods they had were ones that used the fryer. No skin off my ass because chicken nuggets) and this lady comes up and orders. She's white, rude, and entitled. Literally the worst. Of course, she was an older lady, and asked for something a dollar, then proceeded to get rude with the wonderful African-American angel behind the counter because she didn't account for the additional charge of tomato. Gets so fucking hateful with this wonderful cashier, and you can tell she just doesn't like anyone who isn't like her, white and a bitch, and is just overall the worst human being on the planet. After all that, this white bitch turns to me and says something, and I can't quite hear her. She's all smile and repeats saying, "Jesus loves you." Ya girl ain't religious, so I instantly felt uncomfortable. Religion just really makes me uncomfortable, given my sexuality and my past, so it's just scary for me. I brushed it off, said thank you, and this woman is just giddy. "He wanted me to say he loves you, and he died for your sins." My first thought was why weren't you treating this wonderful woman behind the counter like your treating me right now? It's clear why, and it just set me off. "Why aren't you treating her this way?" At this point, I just give her a rude look, and look away. Have I mentioned that I hate people?

The rest of Academy was fine, it's no big. Just a lot to try and retain, like I've said. I couldn't really sleep that night because 1. the excitement of whatever the hell Taylor Alison Swift has up her sleeve and 2. because I didn't get home until really late. We left our store at about quarter till six, and I didn't get home until almost 7 because of a wreck on the interstate. So I was super tired, and hungry, by the time I got home and by the time I finished and was starting to wind down, it was already ten o'clock. I tried to let Queer As Folk, which I'm still making my way (downtown, walking fast, faces past and I'm homebound) through, but my leg was also bothering me, and sleep just didn't come easy.

It was time to do it all over again this morning. Day 2 of Academy, and also Day 3 of expecting another snake video from Taylor. All of us expected for there to be four days of these cryptic vids, but we got way more than we expected today. Like, way more. So I head to the store, meet up with Wendy again, clock in again, and head over to Academy again. We were both a little nervous because of the test, but it turned out alright. Okay, so then I'm sitting there in class, really trying to soak this information in, and my phone buzzes at around 10:30. I think it's a little earlier for Taylor, considering how on point she was the past two days, but I have a feeling, and dare a glance at my pocket and reach for my phone. Another snake video from Taylor. FUCK. This one was again silent, again ten seconds long, but showed the face of the snake, this time undeniably a bush viper, that attacked the camera, and looked pissed off as hell. No explanation, no caption.


TAYLOR WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?? But wait, bitch. There's more. So lunch time happens, and Wendy and I are back at it again with the BK and we're sitting down, talking, whathaveyou. And I get a notification. Taylor. Again. Twice in the same day? I couldn't possibly, Jack. But twasn't a dream. Twas real. And this bitch, that's when she really got ya girl fucked up, and I mean really, really F U C K E D  U P. Not only did certified angel, Taylor Alison Swift, drop an image saying that we were getting a new single tomorrow night / Friday morning. BUT SHE ANNOUNCED THE NAME OF HER NEW ALBUM, THE ALBUM COVER, AND THE ALBUM RELEASE DATE BITCH.



LIKE HOW THE HELL AM I STILL ALIVE AT THIS POINT TELL ME TELL ME PLEASE. I'm still not convinced that I'm NOT writing this from beyond the ghostly plane. MY FAVORITE ARTIST IN THE HISTORY OF MY LIFE IS RELEASING A NEW SINGLE, A NEW ALBUM, THIS YEAR. FUCK. ME. UP!

I'm not even sorry for my freak out. This is literally my favorite artist, and I'm so fucking excited, I don't know what to do. Taylor is releasing new music for the first time in three year. Her album title (We still don't know the name of the single we're getting tomorrow, though it's been rumored to be the timeless title that's been floating around since Monday) I love. I love that title of reputation. That's what's been dragged through the mud these past couple years, is Taylor's reputation. With Kimye, and the dating rumors, Calvin, Hiddleswift, the new guy who's name I didn't bother to learn, and the trail, she's been really criticized and she's had ENOUGH. I'm of the small minority that hope the lead single is something like Bite or Venom, or some hardcore shit like that because it would be amazing. The song WILL BE my next obsession, and definitely in the next blog's NP. Should I film a reaction? I might film a reaction of it tomorrow night, but Taylor's music is so special to me, I don't know haha. I kind of want that to be just between me and her if that makes sense? Either way, I'm so ready and not ready at the same time.

I passed the test at the Academy with a 95. I really was striving for a 100, but I digress. I'm home now, after more traffic from the interstate, I've eaten, and I'm still freaking the fuck out from Taylor's announcement. I'm going to try to calm down and watch Big Brother, but BITCH. I can't. Taylor Swift's just owns my ass.

Reminding you to buy Taylor Swift's sixth studio album, Reputation, on November 10th,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment