Saturday, August 26, 2017

Hiss Hiss, Bitch

| Now Playing: Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift |

I don't like your little games,
Don't like your tilted stage.
The role you made me play,
Of the fool, no I don't like you.
I don't like your perfect crime,
How you laugh when you lie.
You said the gun was mine,
Isn't cool, no I don't like you.

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time,
Honey I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time.
I got a list of names and yours is in red underlined.
I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!

Oh, look what you made me do,
Look what you made me do.
Look what you just made me do,
Look what you just made me do.
Oh, look at what you made me do,
Look what you made me do.
Look what you just made me do,
Look what you just made me do.

I don't trust nobody and nobody trusts me,
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams.
I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now.
Why? Oh, 'cause she's dead!
__________________________________________________________________

Wow. Literally wow. This has been an incredible few days since my last blog post, mainly because of the gracious angel that is Taylor Alison Swift. But before I even get into that, I literally almost forgot to post this blog haha. Literally, I was laying in bed, doing a massive binge of PK and Mike videos, and I looked at the time randomly and it just hit me all of the sudden that it was Saturday, and that it was almost ready to turn into Sunday. Oopsie Daisy. Anyway, lego my eggo.

So in my last blog I talked about it being my last day at Academy for work, and I was glad to be done with all the learning and testing, but I just wasn't ready to go back to my store. It's no secret that it's been more than a little rough on me lately, and I've been dealing with some pretty dark feelings as of late, but it actually turned out to be really great. So this week, we're doing all these events to raise money for CMN, and Wendy and I missed the Pie In The Face event, where all of upper management gets pied in the face with every donation, because we were at Academy, but we came back just in time for the Dunk Tank on Thursday. Work was alright enough to accommodate the Dunk Tank event, thankfully. I actually ended up going with Cheryl to go get the thing because I'm pretty much known as the Mighty Muscle around the store because I'm totes masc so that was fun. Then the entire day was spent dunking all of the managers. And ya girl right here was literally the MVP of the day. By the time it got to Kelly, I was throwing some serious heat, and got her about thirty times. It was a pretty cool way to come back to the store, and alleviated a lot of my feelings. I still haven't gotten a chance to talk to Sean, but all in due time.

And it was no secret, because I was shouting it from the rooftops and literally telling everyone that I knew, that Taylor was dropping a new single on Thursday night, and a bitch was hype. I literally came home from work and tried to get a nap in because I knew Taylor was about to fuck me the fuck up and I was staying up until midnight to listen to it since I still had to work in the morning (Especially since I couldn't cut any of my overtime, but more on that in a sec). I woke up around 8:30 (Actually, I was woken up but *insert hands up face emoji*) and took a shower, put on my Taylor Swift 1989 Tour shirt and a bitch got ready for the release. It was a lot of patiently/impatiently waiting, but holy fucking shit was it worth the wait. It was so worth the three years of waiting.

So everyone assumed that the single, which STILL had no name or anything, was going to drop early, because iTunes has a tendency of doing just that. 1989 I think came out at like 10:50 or something back when it came out, but that was not the case with the new single. There were so many rumors on the name of it, from Timeless, which was going around since she dropped the trio of snake videos, to About To Explode, and it was also mentioned that it might be eight minutes and forty seconds long, but none of that ended up happening. About thirty minutes before midnight, and about ten minutes before the song officially came out, Beats 1 tweeted a picture that listed Taylor's new single as 'Look What You Made Me Do' and the Swifties were FLIPPING. But Taylor's tweet came through on my phone at around 10:40, and it was legit. The first single was out, and it was indeed called Look What You Made Me Do.

In true "I just started a YouTube channel, and I crave exposure" fashion, I recorded my reaction of LWYMMD. I'll insert it here so anyone who wants to see how much of a mess I am can leave me a comment telling me what I already know.


So that happened. I didn't really say much in this reaction as I did in my reaction to Kesha's Rainbow album, but that's because I was shooketh to the core, sis. Like, I can't even wrap my head around that we even got a new single, let alone that it's like, a living, breathing, entity existing in the world. It's so good. It's so fucking good. I have a tendency of overplaying the shit out of her lead singles, not gonna lie. I played the shit out of both Shake It Off and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together when they first came out, and I eventually not only got tired of them, but they also became some of my least favorite Taylor songs, mostly because of that. I really don't want that to happen to LWYMMD, but I don't think it will. The song is exactly what I've been wanting. I can't tell you how much I've told people that I just want Dark Pop from Taylor, dark themes, dark beats, and just some darkness. Look What You Made Me Do gives me that shit on every level, and that's why it's my favorite lead single from her, and also why I don't think I'm going to tire of it anytime soon.

Work on Friday was good, too. It was Dunk Tank Day Two, so that was even better. I got to dunk Sean, even though we didn't get to talk, except for how much overtime I had and that I had to leave at 11:15. Yeah. 11:15. I left work at 11:15. I decided to head down and surprise Benzo at her workplace, and after waiting for her for a little while, she finally came back from Rocky Mount and we shared some lunch at Sonic (FUCK those mozzarella sticks were bomb af) and it was fun to catch up. I also stopped by at surprised Mom at her new LPN job and we got to do some catching up. That was all fun and games.

I came home and literally chillaxed for the rest of the day Friday. I can't even really remember what all I did, besides uploading my LWYMMD reaction. Oh, the tickets thing. So Taylor is doing something different this time around with tour, and it comes in the form of Ticketmaster. You have to sign up through the taylorswift.com website, to get exclusive access to tickets. You pick a location, and confirm your account, and then you start doing certain activities to gain "boosts" which move up your place in line and your priority rating. It's really weird, but ya girl is determined to get really good fucking seats on the reputation tour after how subpar my seats were for 1989 tour. I have to be there, we're about to get our bonus, and I'll have the money. Some of the boost activities require money though, like preordering albums and buying merch. So I bought literally the least expensive item on the store, which was a pop socket for my phone. So that happened. I preordered the album on iTunes, and then today I ordered the magazine versions from Target. 72 page magazine with handwritten lyrics and POETRY FROM TAYLOR?? Sign me the fuck up. But yeah. So my priority rating right now is high, but I'm worried about it dropping. That's the downside to this new thing, I suppose.

And today, I've just been the epitome of Lays Potato Chips. I was planning on writing some, but I wasn't feeling it. I needed another day of detox I guess, because I haven't done much besides spend more money on upping my priority rating on taylorswift.com. I've also watched a shit ton of YouTube today, because I've just really needed a relaxing day. Oh, I also got the phone case I ordered on Tuesday! It's supes cute, blue, and is basically like the cheaper sister of the LifeProof cases and I live. The only downside? It covers up the speakers on the bottom, and the receiver for calls, which is weird because this is specifically made for iPhone 7 Plus, and it doesn't accommodate those features. But it's amazing. I love it. It'll look even better once I get my reputation pop socket. Anyway, I've fallen back into PK and Mike's videos, which I haven't watched in literally over a year, and I'm going back to the beginning and watching them all. I love to live vicariously through the lives of strangers. Even though I swear Mike looks so familiar, maybe it's just because he's from Virginia, but who can never be sure.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping I can actually get some writing done. But we shall see. And here's hoping I can actually enter my damn album preorder info into taylorswift.com and get my extra boosts bitch. And let's just have a massive round of applause for Taylor Swift for having the most perfect, dark, intense clapback song of the year. 2017 is officially saved.

Hissing at the haters,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment