Sunday, February 4, 2018

Tequila With Flavor

Another blog, another missing song in the NP haha. The only song I've listened to sparingly / has been in my head is The Middle by way too many artists but mainly Maren Morris haha. It's that Zedd and Grey collaboration or whatever. I wanted to dislike it but it's actually got a really catchy chorus so why fight it?

The past couple days have been some interesting ones, and some of the best days I've had in...well, probably ever. This weekend was just absolutely beautiful and really special to me, Saturday and today, and I just couldn't be happier about it. Firstly, Thursday at work was just a hoot and a holler. Faith Rose and I got lunch together because when do we not? And not only did we hit up the awful deliciousness of Mcdonalds, but then we went to Burger King just to get milkshakes haha. But because her driver door doesn't come down, so I hopped in the seat behind her just so we could go through the drive thru haha. And then, I like dropped my shake a little and it went all over my face. It was quite the comically timed moment. I don't know, I guess you had to be there. But Faith Rose and I were in hysterics.

Friday at work, I was just trying to get through the work week. I was officially going with Allen to his mom's house for the weekend for a party. After I got off work, I ended up getting my hair cut because a bitch really needed it. Plus I didn't want to met Allen's mom for the first time with my hair looking like a literally gila monster. After getting my hair cut, I headed home. Then I finished rearranging my room, and the energy is so much better. Literally, I'm so happy with how it turned out, the flow is working nicely, so I know it's going to go well with writing and everything. I've still been trying to comb through the audiobook for any errors, but I've just been trying to get this trip to Richmond situated that I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to it. Plus what I really need to do is go through certain chapters and parts I'm worried about him muking up and then go from there. But that'll be an objective for this upcoming week.

And then came the big day haha. After heading to work on Saturday morning, I was so ready to get off and see Allen and get ready for this trip. We had already established the night before that he was going to pick me up from my house, and we would head to Richmond after that. So the work day was fairly normal, nothing too crazy. Aside from it being really busy in my department because it was a Saturday after all. So after I get off work, and buying some Caramel Delites from the Girl Scouts in the front of the store, I headed home. I wasn't nervous until Allen hit me with a text asking me if I could wear a collared shirt. I was freaking out because I thought it was just a simple party and didn't know it was going to be all like that, but later it ended up making sense just because of what he and West were wearing. He also told me West was coming, which obviously I have no problem with because West and I get along great. But I totally forgot to buy the wine I was planning on taking with us haha. So I stopped by Hanging Rock and grabbed a bottle of Barefoot Riesling and Chardonnay haha.

The drive to Richmond wasn't too bad. It was just really nice to ride with Allen, while West was pretty much asleep the whole time haha, holding hands and just talking about things. It was just a great opportunity for us to spend time together and learn more about each other, and I absolutely loved that we had that time together.

So then we get to his house haha. The nerves started to settle in, but what else was there to do but barrel through the doors? So we grabbed our stuff from the car and headed inside. His mom immediately gave Allen a hug, and then me a hug, and then West a hug haha. Allen told me that she had asked him if she could hug me, which was just really cute. We headed upstairs to put our things away, and thus began the adorable sighting of Allen's baby pictures haha. Literally so damn cute. I joked that I was going to take pictures of them later, but I ended up being too drunk that night to do so, and just blissfully forgot the morning after. We were sleeping in his moms room, and she was giving way to the couch downstairs, so we had privacy, save that for the knowing fact that we were sleeping in his mother's bed haha. Anyway, so we started for the bar after putting our things away, and start getting introduced to everyone. And I guess this shouldn't be surprising, but each time Deb introduced me to someone she said either "Allen's boyfriend" or "My son's boyfriend" and that was just really nice to hear. Really nice for Allen as well, because he later told me that he wasn't quite expecting such enthusiasm haha. So after that, the three of us grabbed some food. And this party was basically a fiesta, Mexican themed party for the birthday girl. I didn't even know it was a birthday party until Allen and I were talking in the car on the way there. But it was for a girl that I think Deb worked with named Laurel, which Allen and I kept saying in a French accent because of the latest episode of How To Get Away With Murder. Anyway, I made some shredded chicken nachos out of the fixins laid out on the table (which were so fucking good, by the way) and we made our way into the kitchen.

I'm going to quickly take this time to list out what I had to drink, throughout the night, but still. A bitch was consistently drunk.

  • The entire bottle of Riesling wine I had brought with me
  • Four tequila shots, both 1800 and Patron
  • Two shots that Allen made that he calls "snow balls"
  • Two tequila sunrises
  • A cup of water when I felt I was getting too drunk
  • And three of Deb's "margaritas" or as I said, due to their strength, "tequila with flavor"


Anyway, In the kitchen was where most of our fun began. We were just chilling, eating our food, and this girl came in, Taylor. She was greeting everyone, but both Allen and I noticed West's eyes wandering, and it was clear why. This girls pants looked like they were painted on her. Literally, no joke. Her ass was on full display, and even the gays couldn't stop looking. We kept teasing him, trying to get West to make a move, but ya know, I get it. I'm usually super shy as well. At some point we made our way back over to the bar, I think because we ran out of our first drinks. So we started drinking and talking even more, just having a good time. At some point, Angie came over. Oh, Angie haha. She was a friend of Deb's, and she was fairly drunk, looked super good for her age, and was a hoot and a holler haha. She kept saying how much she loved Allen and that she wanted to have all of us over to her house...about thirty times haha. She also asked West what his preference was, which was just hilarious. Which lead to West telling me this story about the night of Allen's birthday when we first started talking about this guy asking to touch him in the southern direction, and he let him! Luckily we had drifted outside so West could smoke during this because I was cackling. But the gay was disgusted by West's southern manscaping, and acted upset. The gays are a weird brood.

We made our way back to the bar, and that's when the neighbors that Allen had warned us about came to the party, and things got annoying. I joked earlier about putting on my Meryl Streep for these so called neighbors of his, and I sort of did have to do that. So we met Micah and Pam, and it was a lot. But before anything annoying happened, Deb came over and we were talking with her. Then her and I stepped away and we were looking at the pictures on top of the mantle over the fireplace, and just talking together. I remember saying something about tequila, I think I said that it was my favorite liquor, and she pulled me into a hug and said "son-in-law" and I laughed. It was super nice of her to say, and made me feel good. She then got Allen's attention and said something about planning the wedding and Allen was like "uhhh...I'm gonna get the orange juice!". It was a really cute display haha.

So back to Micah and Pam. Micah sat down at the bar and started talking straight guy with West, and Pam started talking to Allen and Me. Allen mentions something about starting to play Kings and I said oh I feel like I'm on a whole other level right now, I don't know if I'm ready and this bitch, the first fucking thing she says to me, is "OH, 'cause you're ABOVE everyone, you're just so much BETTER than everyone here??" Like...bitch, it's not that serious, I was talking about being drunk. Furthermore, I'm clearly above you. Anyway, then I think Allen went to get ice or my water or something like that and I had to talk with Pam, and it was a lot of Meryl Streeping on my part. Like she was just so pretentious and above it all, even though that's what the first words out of her mouth were to me. Ugh, it was enough. Micah was nice enough later on when we were talking to him, but his whole "I have family values" and "I'm from Mechanicsville" was too much.

I finally got to get away from Pam because we started our game of Kings. So I sat next to Allen, West sat next to me, this lovely girl named Stephanie, who was hilarious, was next. Then Laurel, then this girl who I absolutely LOVED but I can't remember her name, and then Allen. So there was later this rule that we only had to address each other by our mother's first name, and I remember the girl's as Lorraine but I can't remember her real name haha. But they were all pretty awesome and it was such a great game, very telling haha. It ended though because earlier in the night Allen had some friend that had passed on coming tonight, but was on snapchat nearby in town, and she actually showed up. So then I got to meet Katie, who was lovely. We sat outside for a little bit and I bitched about Pam, and we talked about favorite vines because vine is life, and then Deb berated us to come back inside. tie didn't stay long. We ate again after Katie left and then ended up in the kitchen again, playing music from my phone, it was fun. West and I talked tattoos, and shortly after they we headed upstairs.

Allen and West got into a little tiff upstairs, about this girl sleeping in the futon room where West was going to sleep and Laurel being in the bathroom connected to the room we were sleeping in. I intervened and just said they were worried about the other person and weren't on the same page. West ended up sleeping in the twin bed room, and Allen and I headed back to his mom's room. Where after we got undressed, his mom came in and badgered about the leaving the door open for the cats, but Allen eventually got his way and we got to close the door. We then talked for quite a while, and that was great. And then we got to truly enjoy each other haha, which was even better. But of course, this is a PG blog for fuck's sake. But something just clicked during this trip. I mean, obviously Allen and I have gotten along and melded super crazily well but something about this trip just...made it feel different. More intense, more meaningful. Better. And I couldn't ask for anything better.

The next morning was laid back. Allen and I took showers, we all got dressed, headed downstairs. I had an amazing cup of coffee, and then everyone who spent the night started leaving. Then Allen's car didn't start on the way to lunch with his mom. It jumped just fine, and Auto Zone said nothing was wrong, so we ate at TGI Fridays. West and I got this thing called the Mac and Cheese burger and bitch. It was literally a patty made out of deep friend macaroni and cheese. It was good as hell but tore my stomach up haha. The ride back was a little harder, just because of the rainy weather and everything, but West again slept and Allen and I had our talks, so it was most enjoyable. I got home and settled in and Allen made sure I wasn't scared off by him or his mom during the party or thereafter haha. I of course wasn't, and he said "good because you left your jacket in my car" haha. I said you can where if you want it's super warm, to which he said "oh I'm already wearing it." I KNOW. We're just super cute.

And then I proceeded to watch some Celebrity Big Brother UK even though COURTNEY WON BITCHES! YASSSS. But I'm still gonna finish it up. And...I fell asleep during it, woke up at 3 am, went back to sleep and woke up six minutes before seven and was late for work. But that story is for the next blog.

Dowsed in flavored tequila,

--  Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment