Thursday, February 22, 2018

Neon Ampersand

| Now Playing: Vanity by Cierra Ramirez |

Vanity,
I'm caught in your fingers, yelling out your name.
I'm yelling out vanity,
Can't sleep without you on my mind.
I'm addicted to vanity,
Love stronger than ketamine, or methamphetamine.
Draining my soul right out of my body,
Draining my soul right out of my body,
And I'm yelling out
Vanity.

Your love is like my enemy,
You're gonna be the death of me.
Venom in my veins from your kiss,
Legs numb, too faded to feel shit,
Feeling better than I ought to be.
Crippling waves of sin,
A little gin with the tonic's where I'll probably be.
And when I leave I hope you follow me,
Running out of time I'm slowly draining.

But still I fall asleep at night,
And you're the last thing on my mind.
There ain't a drug this side of town
I can use to ease the night.
I wanna be inside of your mentality,
But the thought of your body is surrounding me.
Got me on my knees, baby please.
I'm, I'm sitting here stuck just yelling out,

Vanity,
Took all the sanity away from my head,
And left me alone.
Can't you see, not even therapy
Could stabilize my head,
Or rebuild my soul.
I'm outta my mind, outta my mind, outta my mind.
Outta my mind, my mind, my mind.
'Cause I'm outta my mind, I'm outta my mind.
I'm out of my mi-i-i-i-i-ind, I'm outta my mind.
I'm outta my mind and I'm yelling out
Vanity.
________________________________________________________________

Sorry not sorry for the mass of lyrics in the NP haha. This song, which has been one of my favorites for a good long while now, came on randomly during my Rose-Colored Boy obsession that was showcased in the last blog, and I like re-fell in love with this song haha. And I've been listening to it a lot the past few days so that's why it's here. Plus, it's just a really good ass song, check it out.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! I'm currently writing this on Thursday, and today's my birthday. So long, early twenties, and hello late twenties. And even though I'm only 26, this past year really has taught me so much. I'm very thankful for where my life currently is, even though it's not exactly where I want myself, I'm doing well for myself and I'm just super thankful to all people that are in my life right now, and just really happy.

So let's start with Monday was the only day that I had to work this week. And it wasn't a bad day at all, just one I was trying so hard to push through since I was about to go on vacation haha. As soon as I got off work, I was free! Total freedom from work and obligation for eight days straight, and I was so excited. I didn't really have a whole hell of a lot of plans until the weekend, with Allen and I heading out of town, but that's really is. It ended up working out, and I've ended up being fairly busy during these days off so far haha. I worked out the entire time during Big Brother Monday night and that's really the biggest thing that I did haha. Tuesday was a super exciting day because I was getting another tattoo! Christinia (my tattoo artist) had texted me Monday night confirming my appointment and I sent her the picture so everything would be ready by the time I arrived at 6pm.

I messaged Benzo to see if she wanted to go with me to get my tattoo, so we met up at Blue Lotus, and ugh, I love my tattoo so much. Christinia is literally a master wizard when it comes to tattoos and I literally don't want anywhere or else doing mine. So incredible. Here's some pictures and videos of the adventure to my beautiful hissing ampersand tattoo.

Blue Lotus, the best place
 to get tattooed ever
Halfway through the process
 of this beautiful tattoo
 being created


The finished product.
Hiss hiss, bitches.
My lovely little ampersand the morning after





















Ugh, look how beautiful. I just love it so damn much. Huge thanks to Christinia for always bringing my tattoos to life and breathing in this finesse that leaves my awestruck years later. Just as a reference, he's the picture that I gave Christinia to go from.

Ugh, peep that neon ampersand, sis

SEE!? She's literally incredible. So after that, Benzo was trying to get her ampersand tattoo, but Christinia is basically appointment only at this point, so we headed to Star City, where they couldn't do it. And also to Skin Thrillz, who could do it but wanted to charge her 120 for a tattoo smaller than mine and with less detail. That's a no go, sis. So then we just settled into the groove of going to Alejandro's for a little dinner, it was amaze of course. Then we parted ways. I headed to work to grab some Aquaphor because I wasn't sure I had some at the house, and then came home and chilled for most of the night.

Yesterday, I got my ass in gear and go up in time to head to GameStop. I really wanted to trade in my 3DS, my Pokemon Sun game, and my Breath of the Wild game. So I did. And not only was I able to get Bayonetta 2 (and the download for the first Bayonetta) but I also was able to pre-order and fully pay off the new upcoming Kirby game, with some left over on a gift card. So hell yeah haha. Then, I came home and played a bunch of Bayonetta, lounged around. And I finally pieced together what was going to happen in chapter ten of Book Two, so that's good. And then today, I didn't have plans, but last night Allen was like you have to do something it's your birthday, so we're gonna get together and I'm hoping that Benzo can come. All in all, I just wanna get drunk haha. I'm sure the next blog is going to be full of all sort of shenanigans.

Lastly, shoutout to Malcolm! I think that was your name on Blogger. But I opened up Blogger to see a wonderful comment on my last blog, saying he had read my book and was looking for my socials. I have sense added my Twitter and Instagram at the top of the blog for anyone interested. But it was a wonderful little birthday gift to see that comment, so here's to you, Malcolm! Thanks again!

Obsessed with my neon ampersand tattoo,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment