Sunday, February 18, 2018

Boozequet

| Now Playing: Rose-Colored Boy by Paramore |

Rose-colored boy,
I hear you making all that noise
About the world you want to see.
And oh, I'm so annoyed,
'Cause I just killed off what was left
Of the optimist in me.
Oh, hearts are breaking,
And wars are raging on.
And I have taken,
My glasses off.
You got me nervous,
I'm right at the end of my rope.
A half-empty girl,
Don't make me laugh I'll, choke.

Just let me cry a little bit longer,
I ain't gon smile if I don't want to.
Hey man we all can't be like you,
I wish we were all rose-colored too,
My rose-colored boy.
Low key, no pressure!
Just hang with me and my weather!
____________________________________________________________

When I tell you I've been obsessed with this song over the last week, I've been super fucking obsessed. I know I sort of skipped a Wednesday blog this week, but it was Valentine's Day and I wanted to spend it with my man and just relax. Then Thursday rolled around and it just made more sense for me to wait. But yeah I heard this song Sunday night after the last blog. The video was new on Apple Music and OBSESSED. The video is so good and the song is so upbeat and just exactly what I needed to be honest.

So this week haha. The first two days were pretty uneventful if I'm being quite honest, but Valentine's Day? Ohhhhh honnnnneeeeyyyy. Let's start with work. Work was going great until I was stocking one of my trend pods with bubbles, and the entire thing decided to split open and try to crush me. The side I was stocking did clip me in the shoulder as it fell, but it sort of swung me out of the way from getting trapped underneath it, so it could have been a lot worse. The other endcap on it fell over, and the middle sections popped out, so literally this thing deconstructed right before me very eyes, it was so weird. But we got it put back together, I was fine if not a little sore from it hitting me and everything, but yeah. It was pretty crazy.

After work, I started getting ready since Allen and I had a date for Valentine's Day. Luckily, I got off work at three and I had more time to get ready. So I head up to Blacksburg, pick him up, and we head to the movie theater, but not before we did a quick vodka shot haha. Anyway, we get to the movies and we're a little early so we're just sitting in the car talking and things. So I decided to give him his gift, and I had him the bouquet of alcohol, aka boozequet (literally, I'm such a funny genius) and he loved it of course, rolling his eyes and my HILARIOUS joke haha. We drank one of the Chardonnay minis, since it was that and Bombay Sapphire, but I legit almost threw up because there Sutter House chardonnay is too bitter, way more bitter than Barefoot. It was just too much. So then we got some drinks inside (he got some wine the they legit ripped us off for) and headed in to see the Greatest Showman. But we ended up leaving right before the end because we were going to miss our reservation at Kabuki and we didn't wanna risk it haha.






















So we headed over to Kabuki and got sat at the last of two tables they had for the night haha. So I think it was a good thing that we left the movie, even though it was super incredible and super emotional haha. So we talked a lot during the meal, about friends and things, I told him some tea about my past and things of that nature haha. But it was a wonderful night.


We drove back to his apartment, took a long time telling each other goodnight haha, and then I headed back down to Salem. I fully expected him to be asleep, but he messaged me this really cute and sweet message before we went to sleep, about how I'm amazing to him and he doesn't deserve it, which he totally does. It was just really sweet.

Then Benzo and I got together twice this week haha. Once on Friday at Cici's, which included this hilarious bit where these people were parked at the firelane and I was commenting for it. This woman couldn't move the car like she was told, and had to wait on her husband. I was like "You got me out here looking like a fool, Ernest!" to which I said "I'm not listening to this shit tonight, Betty, we got Jebediah in the car." because their grandson was with them haha. Benzo and I about died. Then we got together last night at Longhorn, and it was good but not great. Also, my treadmill got here Wednesday and it's been hard to put together so I'm putting it off. My vacation starts after I get off work Monday and I'm so ready. God a tattoo appointment Tuesday and a bitch is ready.

Liquored up in life from the boozquet,

-- Justin

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just finished your book Slayer and then I tried to find you on social media because we both love Taylor Swift and should be really awesome friends LOL. But yeah, did you retire from Twitter and Insta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! No, I'm still fairly active on both but I recently changed my name! I'm justingrey22 on Twitter and Instagram! And thank you so much for reading my book! Feel free to let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete