Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Super Cute™

| Now Playing: The Middle by Maren Morris, Zedd, & Grey |

So pull me closer,
Why don't you pull me close
Why don't you come on over
I can't just let you go.

Oh baby,
Why don't you just meet me in the middle?
I'm losing' my mind just a little.
So why do you just meet me in the middle,
In the middle.
Baby,
Why don't you just meet me in the middle?
I'm losin' my mind just a little.
So why don't you just meet me in the middle,
In the middle.
_________________________________________________________________

WHEW. What a few days it's been haha. So Monday was a pretty cool day. Faith Rose was starting to feel sick, but hey, at least she had this hilarious knew laugh because her throat hurt and it was fucking me up haha. Nothing too crazy happened at work, so I was and am always super thankful for that. But what happened when I got off work was super interesting haha. So Allen messaged me and said he wanted to run something by me, and the proceeded to ask me if I would be into a Clue themed get together at this house this weekend, where we dress up as our favorite characters and watch the movie and play the game and, of course, I said I was so into that that it was criminal. See what I did there? Anyway, as soon as I found that out, I started to plan out what my outfit as the male version of Mrs. Peacock, because she's obvi my fave. He also sent me this adorable video of him from when he was a freshman in college and two of his friends made a video of themselves singing along and acting to Disney songs. It was pretty damn adorable. And his acting was phenom, Meryl surely approved haha. I can't remember if I mentioned the whole Meryl inside joke that we have now, but basically it's my acting mode is just called Meryl now. I also went ahead and started gathering things for what I plan on giving Allen for Valentine's Day because I'm adorable. And I can't wait for him to see it, even though I think I'm going to have to switch things up a little bit because today, I started trying to get everything to come together and the plan just was'n't having it haha. He also did something really super cute Monday morning by putting me on his Instagram for Man Crush Monday saying thanks for leaving your jacket so I can wear it and always be warm. God, he's so damn cute.

I was off on Tuesday, got paid, and was planning a surprise. It was quite the busy day for me. So because I was off, and I'm practically never off in the middle of the week, I decided that I wanted to surprise Allen and show up at his work to take him to lunch. But I had to keep up appearances so it could remain a secret. So I set an alarm to wake up around the time we would normally be saying good morning to each other and saying we were at work and what not, so I did that. Then I went back to sleep and woke up to my second alarm that I set so I could start getting ready to go up there and surprise him. I know, I'm super cute. Feel free to take a moment to aww to yourself. So I drive up there, and since I'm super early / don't really know when he was going to take his lunch, I texted him that I had a surprise for him and to just let me know when he went to break. I baited my time by shopping around Goodwill there in Christiansburg for the pieces for my now all finished Mr. Peacock outfit haha. But they ended up not having anything for me, so I waited some more. He texted me and asked what was going on and I spilled the beans haha. He immediately called me and was like "well hello" in the super cute way that he does. And he said he had already left but to meet him at his apartment and we'd eat something there.

I was just about to pull into his place and he calls again, saying he really doesn't have food there, even just for him, and said we could eat at the marketplace that's literally right by his apartment that we pass all the time when we go anywhere in his car, and so I said we could do that. We get there, he's telling me about his day and the drama going on at his workplace, we get some grilled chicken sandwiches that were pretty good but ya know, a sandwich is a sandwich. But it was super great and super cute to surprise him, and see the smile on his face that I did it. Shortly after we ate, he had to get back to work though, so he thanked me for surprising him, and he headed back to work. He was gonna see if I wanted to go to a tasting with him, but when he looked up the places while we waited for our food, they were all closed, so we opted to just see each other this weekend. And since the tasting wasn't happening, I decided to hit up Benzo and see if she wanted to get together. While I was waited for her to get ready, I went shopping for more possible Mr. Peacock attire.

I stopped by work and got my hair dye because I really needed it, learned that Michael Preston is moving departments and we're going to be managerless until further notice in a week or so, and then I hit Goodwill across the street. They ended up having a navy suit jacket that fit me, but this was a little too big, so I decided against it. It was at this point I realized that I was not going to find a navy suit jacket in my size in time, so I altered my outfit idea. I'm going for navy pants, white button up, suspenders, and glasses haha. I ended up buying this ADORABLE peacock bow tie (because the tie that I wanted wasn't available for two-day shipping and thus wouldn't get here by Saturday) that I'm really excited about. I also ordered teal suspenders because they're so hard to come by. Anyway, after hitting up Goodwill, I decided to try our Burlington, and that's when things started to come together. I found a white button up for cheap AND a pair of navy pants (on clearance no less) that fit me perfectly. Actually, I haven't tried the shirt. Let me do that right quick. Update, it fits beautifully! Anyway, I also so this navy hat that would look cute if I put like some peacock feathers in it, but I decided against it because I didn't think I had the money to order peacock feathers in time. So I took my shirt and my pants and got gas near Alejandro's and waited for Benzo.

We caught up, had a barrel of laughs like we always do. The food was great, like always, and we went to Ross after, like always haha. I didn't find anything there, even after trying on all things anchor but not of them fit, but Benzo found this cute navy and striped floral shirt that looked super cute on her. After that we got a little nibble of ice cream from Bruster's and we bid each other adieu. Then I dyed my hair as soon as I got home because I super needed it, and it looks so much better. I don't know what it is about me and wanting my hair black lately, but I'm into it by Ariana Grande. OH! Something else I learned while eating at Alejandro's was that my tax money updated and said it would be here the next day! So imagine how excited I was to get a text at six o'clock this morning saying I had already gotten my tax money!? SUPER EXCITED.

Work was pretty bland, Faith Rose wasn't there. Apparently she called out Tuesday and she wasn't there today. Confirmed she has the flu and I missed not having my buddy there today. But work wasn't really too bad, just the same old, trying to get everything straightened up and everything. Oh, and Monday I stayed after a little bit to help Faith Rose with some of her stuff in Bakery, so I had a little bit of overtime to kill, so I got to leave a little early. Which enabled me to run back over to Burlington and hoped they still had my navy hat, since I bought and two day shipped some peacock feathers from Amazon haha, and luckily it was still there. I had a hoot and a holler with the check out girl, she thought the hat was super stylin and kept complimenting me on my choice haha. Then when I told her what it was for she was living. She seemed like the kind of person you want to be friends with, and in retail, that speaks volumes. She's one of the good ones.

Then tonight was the premiere of Celebrity Big Brother. Allen and I livetexted through it and it was a shit show but we'll see how it goes. I also bought Season Six of Drag Race and watched some of that while I tried to do some wrapping on Allen's Valentine's gift, but it wasn't happening. So I gotta go with Plan B. AND we talked about the show we're going to back at Allen's college the weekend of my birthday and he said he got the tickets. So I went ahead and asked him what questions I needed so I could book the room. Then it said only 1 adult and I had to change the room but it wouldn't let me. So I had to cancel it and then rebook it with two adults. Legit Diane (my suburban white mom) came out. And since Allen's suburban white mom (Helen) was out today since he had a less than great dat at work, both of us were ready to claw a bitch.

And that's about it! This was really a recap blog, sorry not sorry. Also, I'm writing this blog with the new wireless keyboard I got from work today! I'm so much better and less hard on my hands than the Apple one that came with my computer. Gotta keep these wrists as dainty as I can.

Enthralled by all the super cuteness,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment