Sunday, February 11, 2018

Mr. Peacock In The Hall With The Lead Pipe

Yet another blog without a NP. I haven't really been listening to just one song really. I've been listening to more of The Middle by Maren Morris and way too many others and a few other songs here and there like Jeepers Creepers by The Mosers, which I have loved for so long now, but ultimately, there just isn't a song that's highlighted the past few days haha.

Work has been a legit struggle this past week. Both Thursday and Friday, I had to endure it all without my lovely little Faith Rose, and it was tough. It's funny how just her not being there made the days drag on and on. But she was legitimately sick, so I can't fault her for it. Plus, Friday I think she had to go back to the hospital for dehydration, but she's all better now. I've already talked to her today and she confirmed that she's no longer contagious and that's she going to be at work tomorrow. Literally thank God.

I started implementing Plan B to my little Valentine's Day gift for Allen, because super glue was just not having it, so I went with my cute ass pink duct tape instead, and it's proving to be the better option of the two. Super thankful for it too because I was getting more than a little frustrated by the super glue. Anyway, as I've mentioned I've been looking forward to this Clue themed get together all week long, because it's just super fun and I loved Clue and honestly it's an excuse to dress up and have fun so what's not to enjoy? All my pieces for my outfit came in literally each day of the rest of the week starting with Friday, and everything was perfect and ready to be put together. I tried on everything, and it was perfect. I was worried that I was serving a little too much Oktoberfest in my outfit, but all was well.

Saturday comes around, and I was super excited. Allen had texted me about going for that beer tasting before the Clue Night and then we could get ready together. And since we didn't get to go to the tasting on Tuesday when I surprised him, I was all for it. So mid-day Saturday, I headed up there and we went to the tasting. It was really rainy, but it didn't matter. Clue was just seeping into life since it rains in the movie haha. So we get to the tasting and there's all these people just sitting around at tables and playing games while drinking and it's a fun time. We order some flights and head to the table that just so happened to have the literal airplane turbine of heaters sitting next to it. Literally, I was turning red from the heat, it was crazy. But it wasn't too bad. Allen and I just talked and drank our samples of beer. Surprisingly, I liked the darkest one, because it had like a lingering coffee taste? I don't know, but it was pretty good. All in all it was a really fun experience, but beer is just maybe not for me haha.

Our ten samples of beer ft. Allen

I was feeling some type of way after we left the tasting. Not necessarily drunk but like full? Which apparently is normal when you drink beer, which obviously I wouldn't know. But anyway, we headed back to Allen's apartment and got dressed for Clue Night. He was obviously a male version of Ms. Scarlet because obviously, and I have to say we look pretty damn good. Here's some pictures of our outfits.

Mr. Scarlet



Mr. Peacock
















I love how extra we are haha. So anyway, after we did our little photo shoot, West came home and we kept drinking and trying out the cocktails Allen had made for three of the characters. There was a little drama with Amanda and CJ but they ended up not coming to Clue Night, but Allen's co-worker Thora and her boyfriend Marcus did end up coming, and they were a hoot and a holler. After everyone got there and everyone was drinking and getting to know each other and having a good time, we started watching the movie. I've only seen Clue once, and that was several years ago haha, so I had forgotten the ending other than it was multiple. So we had a great time watching that and making commentary about our characters. Oh, I forgot. Thora was a female version of Mr. Green and Marcus was Colonel Mustard.

After the movie, we played two rounds of the game. I won the first round! It was Mrs. White (West) in the kitchen with the rope, and I was such a damn good detective haha. But I was getting a little too drunk by the second round, and Thora ended up winning by default because everyone else guessed wrong haha. You guessed it, the second round was the title of the blog, but obviously I tweaked the gender for my portrayal haha. So after that, Thora and Marcus headed home and the three of us just hung out for a little while. We talked about some of Allen and West's college time, including streaking stories that are just too much haha, and then we debated the LGBTQ alphabet soup and the confusion off all the labels and everything. It was a nice discussion, and after that everyone headed to bed. Let's just say it was a wonderful time before bed, and Allen and I were having a great time and had wonderful conversation afterwards. We talked about getting together for Valentine's Day, maybe seeing Call Me By Your Name and catching dinner, and I spilled that I got him something, and he reacted similarly to when I told him about the Christmas gift haha. He said he's gonna get me something but he really doesn't have to. I've found that giving is a lot more fun than receiving lately, in more ways than one.

Then we got up this morning, we both slept wonderfully. Shout out to my little table fan that I brought with me for keeping me cool throughout the night haha. We talked more about getting together for Valentine's Day and everything, and then I headed home, grabbed some Taco Bell for my "I drank a lot yesterday meal", and I sat down and wrote! I FINALLY finished chapter nine, and I'm so excited to be almost at the lovely destination of halfway done with Book Two! I'm so damn happy with how this sequel is squaring up and I can't wait to see where it continues to go.

This is my last full week of work before vacation comes though, and I'm ready for it. I've finally heard back from my mom, by the way. I messaged her on Friday I think and said I don't know if you're mad at me or if you're super busy but I love you and all that. She replied with yeah things have been ridiculously hectic and she's tried calling but it says unavailable. Which I don't know, she's never had a problem before, so it makes me wonder how valid that is. But you know, progress.

Also, the treadmill I ordered is supposed to be here on Wednesday, Valentine's Day. I can't wait to take it for a spin.

Peacocking from all the fun,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment