Sunday, February 25, 2018

Really!?

WHAT a surprise, I don't have a song for this blog haha. I've just been so busy lately, I really haven't had time to listen to a whole lot of music, because everything since the last blog has been go go go haha. But alas, here's a blog anyway, and that's what matters, right?

As promised, this blog is literally full of a bunch of shenanigans, so let's get started haha. After the last blog, I didn't have a whole lot of time before I was getting together with Allen. I was headed to his house for my birthday because I didn't really have any plans, so I headed up there once he was off from work and everything. We really didn't have a big thing planned or anything, just like staying in and stuff life that. But when I got there, he told me he was going to make me dinner, which was just so damn cute and exciting, but finding out that he was making a sequel to his infamous zucchini boat dinner, I was ecstatic. He tweaked the recipe a little bit, but bitch. Those zucchini boats are literally so damn good, I can't. So while we were waiting for that to be done, we sat outside on the balcony and drank the Riesling he'd bought for me, and just talked, had a great time, spilled a little tea haha. Then he was like I was thinking we could watch a movie of your choice or something, and he brought up Scooby Doo movies and I was so down. So then during the middle of checking on dinner, West came home so we started talking with him, and everything, and then after some technical difficulties, we started watching Scooby Doo on Zombie Island.

We kept talking about the part that Allen had recorded and sent to Careese, where Daphne says "Really!?" in the way that can only be described by just watching the scene haha. The movie was great, we had a great time laughing together talking about basements and the safe word being scooby snack haha. The three of us have a great time together haha. So after the movie, Allen was asking me whether I was going to stay the night or drive back home and ultimately I decided to drive back home only because he had to work in the morning, and I just wasn't looking forward to getting up at 6am during vacation haha. Allen was on my side though, and I told him and West goodbye, and went home. But not before Allen walked me to my car, and we had this really wonderful moment outside, just kissing and...I don't know, it was just romantic and wonderful, I don't know how else to describe it haha. It was just yet another moment that made me stop and thank whatever powers that be that brought us together.

I made it home alright, but just like I'd been having trouble the past few night, I was super hot trying to go to bed. I don't know if it's just because it's been really warm the past few days, and I'm just one of those people that can't sleep when it's hot. And I even sleep with TWO fans, people. Plus I think my room stays hot for some reason, and I don't know why. Even with keeping my door open, it's awful. I don't know, but I was super ready for the hotel this weekend so I wouldn't have to deal with that.

So then came Friday, which I slept in until about 12:30. I know, awful, but I guess my body was so tired of dealing with trying to sleep when it was so hot, and it was a little better the night before, but body just needed the extra rest. Who knows, but it was a weird way to start my day. I was heading back down to Allen's because he bought us tickets to see Call Me By Your Name at Valley View Grande, and then I was spending the night at his house so we could up and go to Farmville when we woke up and West got home from work. So we met up at the movies, and let's just say that the movie didn't quite live up to the hype or either of our expectations. But I have to say, the peace scene, will forever be memorable, and we referenced peaches a lot during the weekend haha.

After the movie, we headed back to his place, and the plan was to go out with some other people from Allen's work, but we ended up staying in just hanging out, I got super drunk from two screwdrivers that I made way too strong, me telling West to own his confidence with a now catch phrasing "Yes you do know!" and the night ended with Allen's co-workers going home early, and West and Allen driving my drunk ass to Cook Out because I hadn't eaten anything that day since waking up so late and having the leftover zucchini boats Allen had sent me home with. But then my stomach started to feel a little weird after, and Allen started to not feel so hot, so we ended up just going to bed shortly after that.

The next morning was nice, Allen and I just hung out and talked while we waited for West to get home from work. Allen started running a temperature of 101.7, so not the greatest way to start off our trip down to Farmville. But he was honestly a trooper. He was like nothing's going to stop me from going to this show and drinking with my friends that I haven't seen in forever, so it's whatever. Plus he drove the entire way down and back. My boyfriend, a true hero haha. Anyway, once West got home, we headed out. And the drive down was fine. It was sort of like how the trip down to Mechanicsville went, where they were prepping me for certain people and instances so they gave me backstories haha. But the trip down wasn't too bad, especially since we were in Allen's mom's car since his was getting worked on from when he went down for that job fair. So it was smooth sailing, and West was playing the true 2008 hits from his phone through the car's bluetooth haha. It was a hoot and a holler.

So we get to the hotel, get checked in and everything, and the people there. I don't know. They were just like damn y'all look madder than hell coming in here, and acting like we were gonna harm them or something. Like, no, Wanda, we just rode in the car for two and a half hours, we're tired haha. Anyways, mine and Allen's room wasn't ready, and it honestly smelt like mold or something, so because we were on a time crunch, we got ready in West's room. We had like just enough time to get dressed and make our way onto campus for the alumni reception. And on the way there, it was nice. Allen was holding my hand confidently as we walked next to the street and everything, it was just nice to experience because I've never really been with someone who so celebrated our being together, so I was thankful for that.

We make our way to the area where the reception is, and I start meeting all of Allen's friends and his former professor's and the infamous "Mista Coates" spewing Ronda haha. It was a good time. I just felt sort of out of place, but that's just the natural introvert in me. BUT THERE WAS FREE ALCOHOL. Not only free alcohol, but no limit on how much. I ended up having one bold rock apple cider beer thing and four white wine spritzers haha. It was a lot to pour on top of the, wait for it, Chick-Fil-A we had on the way down, (I normally don't support them, but honestly, it was good, but my stomach and my pride hated it). But it was great meeting Careese, finally, and seeing familiar faces like Katie. I hope everyone liked me, I tried to engage as much as I could with how out of place I felt, so hopefully they're lenient on judging me haha. But we had a good time aside from Allen being snubbed by a few people, which was super annoying. And then there was Kasey, but we won't even waste our breath right now on that.

After about an hour, the show was starting! And I got to meet even more people from Allen's life before the show started. But then Allen and I were holding hands watching the show. And it was amazing. They put on A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, and I loved it. Equal parts good story, hilarious, and music. During intermission, we got that last fifth drink in, and I used the bathroom, but my stomach was super upset, so I don't think that last drink helped. But I was fine once I sat down for the second act of the show. Then the drama happened after the show. We were trying to meet up with Abby and Katie and Careese, but they, meaning Katie and Careese, were already going to Patron with Kasey, and because the veto was used, we went to Macado's. But then the three of them ended up coming with us, and girl. I try not to judge people, but that girl does not know how to talk about anything or anyone but herself. And how much money she's throwing around. And how accomplished she is. Negative a thousand out of ten, would not recommend. But then Allen started to feel the full effects of pushing down his sickness, and he was feeling bad. So we said goodbye to everyone and headed back to the hotel. He was so hot, I was starting to worry he would feel worse in the morning. But sweating it out through the night seemed to help, so that was good. We checked out of the hotel in the morning, early enough because we were meeting Abby for breakfast, and we were on our way.

We had breakfast at this little place off of campus called Uptown Cafe, and it was really good. We all had a hoot and a holler, but then we made our way to actually explore Longwood University because Allen wanted to show me C-Stac, mainly, so we walked around campus, he showed me C-stac, and we walked around the rest of campus holding hands, being cute haha. Ran into Mason, of the infamous "Goodnight...Mason!" story, and Allen's ex-fling, but it was all nice and everything haha. No Real Housewives moment or anything like that haha. He was actually really happy for us, so that was nice. Then Allen told me more stories about their lives on campus as we made our way around. Then Allen's Mom met us to swap cars, we said goodbye to Abby, and headed back home. The car ride back was even quicker than the ride down, I swear, and that's unusual. We literally quoted "Really!?" from Scooby Doo so much this weekend, we even looked up other languages in it to quote, but they don't work as well haha. But it was a fun ride home. They dropped me off, I bid farewell to West and my babe, and then I got caught up on the two, and not the one like we thought, episodes of Celebrity Big Brother (US, of course) that we missed, and now here I am haha. The finale is tonight and we are HYPE. But now, I'm going to end this blog by grabbing myself a bowl of cereal, and gearing up for hopping on the treadmill during Big Brother haha. Luckily, my room, and this day, has been fairly good temperature wise, so it's not so hot to work out in. REALLY!? Sorry, I had to one last time haha.

Forever quoting the icon Daphne Blake,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment