Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Vacation's End

| Now Playing: Pieces Of Me by Ashlee Simpson |

On a Monday,
I am waiting.
Tuesday,
I am fading.
And by Wednesday,
I can't sleep.
Then the phone rings,
I hear you.
And the darkness,
Is a clear view.
'Cause you've come to rescue me.
Fall,
With you I fall so fast.
I can hardly catch my breath,
I hope it lasts.

Oh,
Seems like I can finally rest my head on something real,
I like the way that feels.
Oh,
It's as if you know me better than I ever knew myself,
I love how you can tell,
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me.
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me.

How do you know,
Everything I'm about to say?
Am I that obvious,
And if it's written on my face,
I hope it never goes away.
On a Monday,
I am waiting.
By Tuesday,
I am fading.
Into your arms,
So I can breathe.
________________________________________________________________

A throwback in the NP this blog haha. It came on shuffle randomly while I was driving and I was like HELL YEAH I'm feeling this, sis. And I've been listening to it lately and it's been stuck in my head and things of that nature. So yeah. An oldie but a goodie. Anyway, just always a hoot and a holler here at the jessegrey blog haha.

The past few days have been fairly uneventful, for the most part. Monday and Tuesday were my last two days of vacation, and I spent Monday doing literally absolutely nothing. I literally stayed in bed and watched Modern Family all day long. I couldn't tell you the last time I had a day like that, and it was much needed. Tuesday I ended up having lunch with Faith Rose amidst my getting ready for work shenanigans. But just resting I guess from the trip down to Farmville and everything. Plus I started to feel a little sick, like my throat was super scratchy all day Monday, but I think the cough drops I ate all day long cleared that up haha. I might have caught a whiff of Allen's sickness, which was confirmed leftover flu from a kid in his class, so who knows. But I've felt fine since, and haven't been having a scratchy throat or anything since. It's really weird.

Being back at work hasn't been too bad. Both yesterday and today haven't been bad at all, both have gone by pretty fast. Just this morning, Thursday, I was over it.com.org.uk.edu. There's been a lot of freight issues from the weekend so I've just been dealing with that. It's just been sort of hard to come back in the middle of the week haha. I also realized it's been a full two years since I moved out of my apartment in Radford, so holla for that. I'm just really ready for the weekend. And I also traveled down to Benzo's house because she's giving Shep to a friend, so that was a thing. But I know it's what's best for everyone involved, so it'll work out in the end.

I just can't wrap my head around how much my life and me in general has changed in the past two years. Two years ago, I came back to Salem. I moved into my grandma's sisters house, I moved back to my grandparents' house, I moved to my mom's house, I moved back to my grandparents' house AGAIN, like so much has happened. I published my first book. I got promoted at work. I started a new relationship, like so much has changed and I love it! It's just been such a true blessing, struggling and thriving through these last two years. I'm just forever thankful.

That's as good a place as any to end this blog haha. Oh, other than I've been using ever dollar I paid for my treadmill and using it A LOT. Oh, and Ross didn't win CBB. Marissa did so like yay, but whatever. At least Ross got America's Favorite Houseguest. Murder comes back on tonight, along with All Stars 3 and Will & Grace, I'm here for it.

Saddened by the end of vacation, but invigorated to blast through the usual chaos,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment