Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sweat Demon

| Now Playing: Drive by Miley Cyrus |

You told me that you wanted this,
I told you it was all yours.
If you're done with it,
Then why'd you say forever for?
If forever's out the door,
I'll ignore, when you call.

Drive my heart into the night,
You can drop the keys off in the morning.
'Cause I don't wanna leave home,
Without your love, without it.

I thought you would be there when I go,
You promised you would be there when I go.
But all the broken promises,
I won't miss, I'm finished.
All I know are the facts.
That when I look you in the eye,
All I see are the lies.
Been there, done that.
____________________________________________

Sweaty, do I have tea to serve. So in true blogging fashion, this blog is probably (definitely) going to be a lot more potent than my last blog. I don't know what it is about my Wednesday blogs but those tend to have more in them than the Saturday blogs. I guess because most of my work week in capsulized in the Wednesday vlogs, but who can never be sure?

I got to sleep in on Sunday, but not before being woken to the feeling of heat. And after further inspection, I saw that it because my AC unit was, while working, was leaking and half of my room was absolutely drenched in water. I guess I just knew something was wrong. So I turned off the AC unit and went back to sleep. Well, home girl was SWEAT-ING, bitch. But at least there wasn't anymore water being poured into the carpet. So thus begun the great drying phase. I ended up taking the AC unit out, hoping that we get some cooler weather because it's still pretty warm for October, and ya girl needs frigid soul temperature's to be able to be comfortable, and thus sleep. I took the AC unit out to the building and played some Splatoon 2. Vamps were the champs of Splatfest, so I won, ya heard. But anyway, after that, I was basically on Tumblr for the majority of the day, looking at people's HQ pictures with Taylor and my heart was just so full (even though I was admittedly a little jealous and coming down with a severe case of FOMO). I kept seeing all these pictures of Taylor in the Secret Sessions and she just looks so happy surrounded by her fans and it just reminded me of something, so I went into overdrive to make this picture that I'll embed now. It's actually a meme, and as we all know, I'm an avid fan of the Simpsons, so it's a twofer.


LOOK HOW FUCKING CUTE SHE IS. It's a hack job to be Pocahonest, but it's great. And it started getting notes like CRAZY. By the time my grandma and I left the house to head over to Fay's for dinner (Bonnie's in town), it had over 200 notes. I was like WHAEET?? I never make my own content on Tumblr, aside from text posts, so getting a bunch of notes is sort of a big deal for me. Makes me feel sort of noticed by the fandom, I guess. Thanks I guess. (I literally can't say that without using that damn phrase) But yeah. I was supporting the shit out of Taylor even at my family get together. Also, I made my black pants into shorts, thanks to more stitch witchery. I don't know if I shared those. Peep them pics, hunty.



My shorts come out so fucking good FUCK. Anyways, then the dinner happened. And girl, it was a lot. I like these shindigs or whatever, it's nice to see Bonnie when she flies out from Louisiana (She brought her daughter Shelby, whom we've never met, and her boyfriend, so that was cool too.) but there always ends up being drama. The food was great. It was barbecue and fixins that went along with it, but the drama. Okay, so my grandpa didn't go because he didn't want to, and I can't say I blame him because my grandma and her sisters just have a very tumultuous relationship. They've always sort of (Not really sort of, actually, just outright) treated her like she was less than them, and it's just never stopped. But anyway. Since my grandma didn't come, my grandma, after everyone was finished eating (Mind you, this is already about an hour and a half into the dinner / party), asked me if I would go make him a plate. So obviously, I was going to. Taylor (My cousin, not my lifeline) followed me because she wanted to make her boyfriend Tony a plate, also shouldn't be an issue. So I go into the kitchen and ask my grandma's sister for a paper plate, I immediately get an attitude that I surely didn't ask for. I was a little taken aback, but I just said "Oh, I was just going to make a plate for Pawpaw) and she looked at me and says "Oh, well [my grandma] can do that later, we haven't even had dessert yet". Literally what does that have to do with anything?


Not a damn thing, but sure, Jan. So after I get another attitude, she tells me where they're at, and I grab a couple for me and my cousin. It honestly just really pissed me off, because, why was that such a big deal? Why? It's not because there's not enough food because honestly, there was enough food there to feed at least a whole other family of 20, if not more, so like?? But we went on our merry fucking way and tried to enjoy the rest of the evening. Until right before we left. My grandma's sisters always take Bonnie out here and there when she's in town, which to me sounds so exhausting, I would just want to hang out with my sisters, but hey, it's not my time their wasting. So anyway, my grandma asks an innocent question (Albeit she could have curbed her attitude a little, but ya know) on whether or not anyone else is invited to this thing they're taking Bonnie too on Wednesday, and instead of answering my grandma, her sister just looks at her and then turns her heard, acting like she hadn't even spoken. I WAS LIKE YOU KNOW FUCKING WHAT??


I literally was so attacked at the fact that she had the gaul to do that in the first place, least of all right in front of me, my grandma's rabies infested creature of the night. Like what makes you think that you can just treat people like they don't matter? It wasn't the fact that she wasn't invited that pissed my grandma off, it was the fact that after asking about the excursion, she was ignored and treated like she was nothing. And that's when she made her trek out of the house without saying a word. I knew she was pissed because honestly, so was I. So I started to tell everyone bye and headed out. But of course, Rosanna and Bonnie are following me out there, as well as Joyce (But we love her, and I'm still pissed that the others refused to invite Joyce, who flew all the way from California just to meet Bonnie) And then they start having it out and my grandma is 100% over it, and getting loud and heated, and I just had to get her out of there, even though her anger was justified, I don't like to indulge that type of thing, so we got the hell out of there. I tried calming her down as best as I could on the way home. And even after all that about us making plates, we were sent home with so much food. Granted, I don't think it was about the food but still. Just no reason. No Reasons Why, now streaming on Netflix.

Winding down, I just decided to lounge around with some Splatoon, and I kept getting tired while playing, so that's good. Plus, I decided I needed to take some melatonin in order to get some sleep. Sleep ended up being a little hard to come by. 1, because I was hotter than hell, and ended up having to soak a towel in water and use it as my blanket for the night because THAT'S how hot I was not having my AC unit anymore and 2, because I was hoping Taylor Swift would see my Do It For Her post and like it. But I need to quit thinking that I'm ever going to really meet her, even though I want to so desperately, especially this era because she has literally saved my life, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Waking up a few times, my sleep itself wasn't actually too bad, so that's good. I made my coffee, turned on my Sam & Joe podcast, and headed into work. And I don't know if my Target order for reputation didn't go through (For the third time) but I magically had 40 dollars on my card this morning, which ended up being for the best because I was starving and I really needed deodorant. Work wasn't too bad, I only had one cart of freight, and then a pallet that all ended up having to be binned, so that worked out for me. Coming back from the weekend is always the hardest, especially this weekend, where I didn't get much writing done and there was all the drama from Sunday weighing me down, so it's the sort of day that I needed to come back to. And then, I ended up writing on lunch! I finished the third scene out of five for this chapter, so everything is coming together nicely. And I did it while listening to Miley Cyrus' Bangerz album and man, I almost forgot how amazing it is. All my solo edits are obviously superior, and I need to find them and add them to my phone again, but yeah. Drive is definitely still my favorite off the album and thus has landed in the NP. After lunch, I spent the rest of the work day doing processes and Seanathan Michael Preston came in, so that was good, so I could tell him about all the overstock that's coming in and everything.  Nothing really crazy happened at work, except for the fact that there's Rumors by Lindsay Lohan going around that someone's already landed the position that I recently applied for, but I didn't expect to get it, they want me where I'm at.

And my Do It For Her post has reached 1,276 notes! That's so crazy, and I'm super grateful to everyone and anyone that's reblogged it since yesterday. And Nat from Australia, the super famous fan in the fandom that met Taylor during the 1989 tour, reblogged it, so that like super boosted my post and I turned into Trisha Paytas.


I came home, and stuck to my guns and worked on my boosts while playing Splatoon, forever the staple. I'm at 1526 boosts! Super proud. OH! I almost forgot. I found a GEM as soon as I walked into work this morning. I was passing Electronics to head to the work station and saw Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie, yes, the 1995 original that I have on VHS that doesn't work anymore and  would ALWAYS watch on days I stayed home from school, on DVD. So, like, I had to get it. I just had to. That was one of the best things I've seen at work in a while haha. I even worked out a little bit after I was finished, but I honestly got so out of breath that I had to stop, but ya know. Luckily, it's only gotten to like 68 today temperature wise, so sleeping tonight should be good because since the sun went down, I pulled my window down and stuck the fan from the living room in the window to blow in the cool air. Other than that, I've just been listening to Look What You Made Me Do and ...Ready For It? on a loop while I've written this blog, or at least remembered everything from Sunday and Monday, or today. So here's to tomorrow, hopefully following the same lines as today. Also, Benzo and I really wanted to go to Bingo today, and enjoy the increased jackpot, but we're both broke, so here I sit, in my rep hat, my Beats on, wearing nothing but my Patrick Star underwear and the pink hoodie I stitch witched, writing this blog. Living large. I'm gonna wind down with That '70s Show, is what I'm gonna do. I'm almost finished with Season 3 (thanks sleeping problems!) so, I should be on Season 4 by tomorrow. Goodnightly news.

I finally slept through the night, good, actual sleep, for the first night that I can remember in I can't remember how long. Literally it felt like I was finally a human again, reborn from the dark pits of insomnia. I didn't get an incredible amount of sleep, not more or anything like that. But I actually just rested while I was sleeping. So that really impacted how my day went, I suppose. I guess it's crazy what some good sleep can do for you. Thanks I guess. But I woke up before my alarm went off, and I just went ahead and started getting ready. It gave me a little more time to perfect my coffee, and then I had enough time to grab some breakfast at Hardee's, because I was feeling good from the sleep, so I figured I should further the hope for a good day by actually eating breakfast for once.

And I was FUCKED UP because of That '70s Show. I was absolutely dreading to get to the episode where Donna and Eric break-up, and then Eric wants the Angel to take all the memories. It's always fucked me up even before I had watched the show all the way through, and I was just so unready. So after crying during their break-up and the take-the-memories-away scene, I was so upset that I had to have a slice of chocolate cake and some milk. Because reasons. I was in my feelings for sure. But I started Season 4, since it starts with that Angel episode. It was a lot. Good, but a lot.


Work wasn't too crazy, aside from the fact that we had company. Our new Market was there, so everyone was in a panic, but not ya girl. Because it is what it is anymore. So after the meeting, which was just enough, we went about our merry fucking day. I actually stuck pretty close to routine for the day, which is a godsend if I ever heard of one. I'm lucky on days where routine gets done. Anyways, there's really nothing to tell about that day, except for my home girl Teresa (who's been out sick with her awful migraines) got shaded by a manager. I jokingly was talking about taking Pets back if it was re-split and the amount of attitude I got as well as the actual dialogue that transpired was enough. But what can you do for a Klondike bar.

When I got home from work, my grandma was out somewhere, I can't remember where she was. But almost as soon as I got home, I saw someone walking around the front yard toward the backdoor at the carport, where I park. I thought it might have been Ian at one point, but it wasn't, and honestly, it was a little freaky. I didn't know exactly what was going to happen, but it ended up being a guy from AEP. They had some type of line down or something or other and he said in about ten minutes our power was going to go off and then it would probably take around THREE HOURS before it was back on. Home girl was not having it. So it went off around 5, and since it was already getting hot in the house, I headed outside because it was cooler out there anyway. I did some writing outside while listening to Lana's Lust For Life album (which I really need to listen to more because it's so good) but that didn't last long because the restlessness was settling in nice and fine. So I ended up heading in my car (Even though I should be cooling it because my tire pressure light is on and it freaks me out. I meant to call today, but LunchCrewAdvised2K17 happened, so I didn't have a chance / forgot) to go across town to hit up Barnes & Noble. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for work to get Maggie Stiefvater's new book that came out on the 10th, to no avail. So I decided to listen to the Speak Now album on the way there, great fun was had. I'm super excited to read the book because everything that Maggie touches is literal gold. But I'm biased. I mean, I do have a tattoo that her book series inspired. I'm only about ten pages into the book, but it's very intriguing. More on this as the weeks progress.


When I came home, the power was already back on, despite it not being the full three hours that I was told it would be, so that was something to be thankful for. I ended up doing my boosts as soon as I got home, while playing a spell or two of Splatoon. I mean, that's just honestly all I do anymore. OH, also, I was doing section work and found that statue of the Dia de los Muertos married couple that I've been obsessed with since we've gotten Halloween stuff in. I put it up there to buy one day, forgot, and thought someone had put in back in Seasonal. But upon finding it, I went ahead and bought it. I even named them from when I first found them, so here's a lovely picture of Raoul and Francesca standing on their new home atop a copy of my book.


Precious angels. After that, I settled into an early night (early here means before midnight) and settled into bed with That '70s Show. I almost forgot too, Monday night, I did some HIIT excersies and I've been sore ever since. I think it was the squats, I think I went a little too hard on them. But that's what happens when I listen to ...Ready For It? I've been on a kick over this and the last blog that I posted where I've just been listening to both LWYMMD and RFI on a loop. I guess that little break I took to not tire of them worked because now I'm back to listening to them both probably about ten times a day. Honestly, Taylor just needs to drop another promo single so I can add another roster to my  rotation. I also watched the episode of Riverdale that I had missed so I was caught up, but I probably won't watch tonight's episode live because I have a hotel to book. I'll get to that in a sec.

I actually set earlier alarms this morning so that I could get some breakfast from McDonald's because honestly, I just deserve it. Anyway, so that was wonderful. I got up so early, coffee wasn't ready, and I couldn't wait, so I didn't end up having any coffee this morning, so that was a bummer. But the day ended up being a pretty good one, despite what happened. So the visit was not a good one, go figure, so we're doing this thing where we deep dive as a team into departments. Cap, work picks, zone, change on hands and shelf cap, the whole nine. While this is good in theory, and EVERY department either needs it or could benefit from it, it takes us away from our own departments, which is already the problem. But ya know, in due time, I hope. First up was Wendy, so we went to work on that. It wasn't too bad, just I didn't see my own department until after two. To be expected, I suppose.

So Pam asked me if I wanted to go to lunch. Teresa is still out sick, and Destiny was off today, so it was just me and her as far as original members of LunchCrew2K17. We invited Wendy and Amber, so we thus became LunchCrewAdvised2K17, and we had a blast. Since it's Wednesday, we went back to Macado's to get our Southwestern Quesadilla because BITCH. And we complained about things, like normal, and thought about how bad it's going to be when Warden gets back tomorrow, from being off today. It's going to be bad, I can feel it.

After lunch, we went back to help Wendy, but because I had over 200 price changes, I had to leave at 2 and go back to my department (As well as most everybody else). It really wasn't a bad day, it truly wasn't, but I got absolutely nothing done in my department today, aside from what price changes I was actually able to get done. All my freight from this morning was left for overnight to run, thankfully to Dennis, so we'll so how that went in the morning.

The weirdest thing happened when I was leaving work. I got into my car, like normal, and plugged up my phone to play music, like normal, (and by music, I mean ...Ready For It? and Look What You Made Me Do), and it wouldn't work. It would play CDs, it would play the radio, but it would not play music from my phone. It would charge it, so obviously everything is working correctly, but it refused to play music from my phone. So then I started panicking, thinking it has to be my car, but because it's still charging, it has to be my phone. So I listened to the 1989 CD I have in my car on the way home to get my Taylor fix and Googled that shit as soon as I got home. The internet was saying try restarting your phone, but I saw an article that said look for an update, and sure enough, there was an update available that said "addressing audio playback issues". Tell me how in the fuck my car knew my phone needed to update before I did? What an age we live in.

And since I've been home today? I haven't done much. Played some Splatoon 2, caught up on some Shane Dawson videos, and now, I'm about to book the hotel for Nashville! Because Aloft is going to be so expensive, just for one night, I'm going to go through my discount from work to get a cheaper hotel, and I've found a good one. Plus, Benzo got the official thumbs up that she can probably have Saturday off to go down with me, so it's looking good. After I book the hotel, I think I'm going to work on boosts for a little bit, because I've almost hit 1600 and I have a self made goal of hitting 2000 before the ticket site goes down and you can't gain anymore haha. Oh, and that Do It For Her post I made on Tumblr? It's at 1,493 notes. I'm basically Tumblr famous. Not really, but I can dream, I guess haha.

And my selfie trend has continued. And because I know my avid following (aka, just me) wants to see those pics, here they are.

 

So artsy, so edgy. 

Luckily, I haven't been too hot from not having the AC unit in my room. It's been so cold at night, I haven't had to worry about it. I've even had to turn my fan that faces my bed off to sleep because I was getting to cold when I was laying down. But I'll always be a sweat demon.

Forever a demon exuding heat,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment