Sunday, January 28, 2018

Misty Jenkins

| Now Playing: Prom by SZA |

Fearing not growing up,
Keeping me up at night.
Am I doing enough?
Feel like I'm wasting time.

Promise to get a little
Better when I get older
And you're so patient
And sick of waiting.
Promise to do better,
Shoulda coulda
Probably wanna let me go,
But you can't, oh.

Right now I feel it pouring,
I need a little bit.
Just a little bit,
Just a little bit.
Right now I feel it pouring,
I need a little bit.
Just a little bit,
Just a little bit.
Please don't take, don't take it personal,
Like I know you usually do.
Please don't take, take it personal,
Like I know you usually do.

Please please
Don't take it personal
Don't take it personal
Darling like I know you will.
_____________________________________________________________

First things first, the song in the NP bitch. Like, I wish I could tell you how obsessed I've become with this song. I can't even remember when I first started listening to it because I can't remember a time when this song hasn't been in my life haha. I do know that I first heard it on Lohanthony's Instagram story, and it was all over from there. It's such a fucking good song, and I can't stop singing it or listening to it. Thanks SZA haha.

Okay, so let me start with the title of this blog, because it's fairly ridiculous haha. So we were at work, and DBL was freaking out because there was some type of dark residue coming out of the wall in her office, and it was kind of weird. And because I am who I am, I was like "what if there was a body behind the wall?" and thus the fake story of former employee Misty Jenkins started haha. I'm truly messed up, but I blame all the convoluted storylines that come with being a writer.

Friday was an interesting day at work. But remember how I said I did my taxes because of the weird standout shooting thing that was blocking me from getting home Thursday night? Well on the same money note, my vacation is gonna be weird, because our fiscal year is about to end, so basically my PTO time is going to go on my next check, so apparently it's going to be pretty massive. I'm really looking forward to it. So there's that to look forward to.

That night after work, I randomly started listening to this audiobook on YouTube and bitch. Besides SZA's song, it's been my latest obsession. It's called FU: Fixer Uppers by Devon McCormack. And it's low-key software erotica I guess haha, actually scratch that, it's pretty hardcore I guess, but they story is so fucking cute, I can't. I cried at the end, it's that serious. If you're into that kind of thing, look it up, it's free on YouTube. Mikey Bradshaw and Scott Wintry are OTP. Ugh, it's so fucking good. Plus, I listened to it, or rather finished it, while I was writing all day Saturday! I'm not even kidding, from 10:30 to about 8 I was writing. I wrote a total of 15 pages, so I'm not complaining haha. It was so well needed, especially after coming back from overnights. So I'm super glad that I was able to get a MASSIVE amount of writing done this weekend.

Today I just wanted to get out of the house. So I treated myself to breakfast this morning and then went back out to Target just because I really wanted to be out of the house for some reason. I ended up buying this really cute shirt. I asked Allen if he wanted to go see Call Me By Your Name, since Grandin just started playing it for this weekend and week only, but we ended up not because he still wasn't feeling too good. He said something about going on a double date this weekend, but then said his mom wanted us to come to a party she's having at her house this weekend. And when I told Allen I had to work, his mom was like basically saying for me to just take it off because I need to come haha. So hopefully I can work around it, because I thought I was off this weekend originally, but I'm not, so hopefully Michael Preston (in the morning!) can work with me.

For this upcoming work week, there's only one day this week I'm not working 7-3. I'm so over this whole thing with cutting hours, but what can you do. I guess that's really it for this blog. Other than both HTGAWM and All Stars 3 fucked me up this week. But what else is new? Haha.

Now I'm gonna finish watching the Grammys thanks to Allen's reminder. LORDE BETTER FUCKING WIN AOTY OR I WILL FUCKING RIOT.

RIP Misty Jenkins and here's to a good week,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment