Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Cherry Bombshell

| Now Playing: Filthy by Justin Timberlake |

Haters gon' say it's fake
So real
Haters gon' say it's fake
So real
Haters gon' say it's fake
So real
All my haters gon' say it's fake
I guess I got my swagger back

I said, put your filthy hands all over me
And no, this ain't the clean version
And what you gonna do with all that meat?
Cookin' up a mean servin'

No question, I want it
Fire up, everybody smokin'
Your friends, my friends
And they ain't leavin' till six in the morning (six in the morning)
Caught a chill, baby, you the coldest
Go far, put 'em on notice
If you know what I want, then yeah

Baby, don't you mind if I do, yeah
Exactly what you like times two, yeah
Got me singin', "ooh, ooh"
So baby, don't you mind if I do
________________________________________________________________

Let's be real, I haven't really stopped listening to Camila Cabello since the night Benzo and I were listening to her in my car outside of Red Palace. BUT the only other song that's been lingering in my head, that's not Camila, is this new jam by Justin. It's weird, even for him. But I digs it.

This work week is literally the best thing ever. Why? I'm so glad you asked. So they're cutting hours at work because I guess it's about to be the start of our fiscal year and they need to cut whatever they can while they still can, so we're only working 7-3 this week, and ya girl ain't mad at it. I mean, yeah, it sucks to be losing the five hours for the whole week, but honestly, with the holidays so fresh in our minds, and definitely mine, I'm enjoying the break. Even if it is for one week only. It's so crazy what a difference that one hour makes. But like I said, I ain't mad at it.

This has also weirdly been a busy week for me, in a very different way. So I've sort of been stumbling on plotting out chapter nine of Book Two since the last blog, but today, I finally got that squared away. But before any of this squaring away, I was thinking about other things that occupy my mind. So, my main goal for 2018 is to finally get my own place with Benzo. This is half fueled by me just genuinely wanting my own place, and yearning for that for myself, but also half fueled by there just being way too many people here at my grandparents. Seven people sharing one bathroom is literally too much. As a creature of fleeting solitude, when it gets to be too many people, I just retreat inward, and while that's not exactly idea, it's what happens. I'll say that again. Seven people. I literally feel like I'm living my reality tv star life and I'm about to make it on the latest season of The Real World. But I've actually made some headway in actually transitioning to getting my own place.

First step? Get my car payment at a cheaper price. I'm just paying way too much for what I have, especially when factoring in the missing features my car doesn't have because it was a demo model, but ya know. So I fell in love with this beautiful black Kia Forte LX, and I really, I mean really, want it. So I did some research as far as what my car is worth, and all that jazz starring Velma Kelly, and actually drove down to the Kia place to see what my options are. They said I could do it, but the lower payment thing might not happen. The wonderful Mr. Darby was supposed to email me back (after we emailed through my inquiry on the website about said car) after talking to the Used Car manager, but I never heard from him. I'm gonna email him in the morning, to see if he just got busy and forgot to contact me, but I'm not going to give up that easy. If I can't get this Forte that I've literally fallen in love with, I'm going to head to Hyundai and be like girl look. I'm struggling to justify this car payment, so I'm gonna need a better deal. I guess we'll just see how that goes as the week processes.

Second step? Finding affordable apartments for Benzo and I to move into. Now, there's a few apartments that I keep circling back to, but the apartments that would be ideal would be Carolina Forest. Bonsack lives there, and he confirms that this apartment is what I need. Everything, including electric, is included in the rent. That's what I had when I lived in Radford, and it was a true blessing. I tried calling the apartments when I got to the Kia place Tuesday, after failing to get an answer Monday, and she says there's no openings, even though Bonsack says people are leaving. But as coveted as those apartments must be, for the deal that they are, it's assumed that there's a waiting list. I was going to go down there today after work, but I just needed a chill day, to just relax, because it's been all business after work. I do it tomorrow, but I really needed today. I'm really dedicating myself to making this happen this year, and if I can get on the waiting list for Carolina Forest, it'll be worth it in the end.

After work Monday, one thing I did do, was get caught up on Riverdale. This is after Faith Rose and I were discussing it and she keeps calling Cheryl Blossom Cherry Bombshell haha. At first I was like, why can't you remember Cheryl Blossom!? But going back, they actually call her that once or twice on the show, so it's justified. Anyway, I bought the second season pass on iTunes and got caught up on my beautiful Apple TV. Then last night, I bought the first season and watched that as I slept haha. It's just been a very Riverdale centric past few days to be Pocahonest. Plus, Faith Rose was talking about cutting and dyeing her hair like Veronica Lodge, sort of like how I went black for Veronica haha, so even more Riverdale influence here.

Veronica Lodge. noun, /ver-ohn-ick-uh~laa-dge/
1. actual goddess. 2. great hair, great style.
3. specialty: ice. 4. better than you.

Another thing that's happened is I've gotten back into the Sims. Sims 4 is literally so incredible, and I've spent so much money on all the packs and everything, so it was needed. But after transferring most of my stuff from my old laptop (except for some grown up versions of my Wrangler Generation 4 babes) I decided I was going to create a whole new lineage, rivaling that of my extensive work on the Wranglers, and equalling my insane love for the Sim that I created that started it all: my beloved Weiley Wrangler. So I created this new Sim, Homer. Homer Forte, to be exact. I'm on this name quick where I want really old names (we can blame Riverdale for that latest craze in my head), and his last name is similar to Weiley's because it's a car I really want. So that's why he's Homer Forte. He met his future wife, Sofia Bjergenson, who I later renamed Talvinder Pace, outside a karaoke bar haha. And thus began the love story of Homer Forte and Talvinder Pace. I love them so much. Literally any character I create, I just fall in love with. They moved into Homer's Culpepper apartment, after she miraculous became his new neighbor across from him, and they just had their first son today after work, little Ambrose Harrison. I know this is literally the least interesting thing I've ever written about, but I just get really invested okay? Haha. Maybe it's the writer / creator in me, so sue me.

Homer & Talvinder, literal soulmates, and the best soon-to-be
parents there ever was.

To wrap this blog up, I'll leave with a few things that happened Sunday. So firstly, I asked Allen out on a date, like a real one to mimic our first one, for this weekend so I can see him, and also so I can give him his present that I got him during Post-Christmas, so I'm excited for that to happen, and honestly, just to see him in general. Don't get me wrong, I needed to get the writing that I got done last weekend done, but I really want to see him this weekend haha. The last thing I wanted to share was this picture of me. Now for those who are close to me and truly know me, know that I don't ever, and I mean ever, take a picture of myself smiling with teeth. I just don't think that I look good with a toothy smile, so I usually don't do it. But I shared this picture on Snapchat, and people seemed to like it, so here's that to archive. I still have conflicts in regards to it. One minute, I really love it. Then I hate it. And back and forth and back and forth.

Twitter & Instagram: @JesseGrey_

I've got to record SO MUCH as far as videos go this week. Troye Sivan's new single comes out tonight, Camila's album comes out Friday, and Taylor just announced today on The Swift Life that the End Game music video is coming out tomorrow. So my youtube channel (Jesse Grey on YouTube, gotta get that promo) is gonna be fairly active here soon haha. Let's hope the rest of this blissful 7-3 work week goes as well as the start of it. Because it's really just put me in the best of moods for work.

A bombshell for this easy, cherry-flavored work week,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment