Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Something's In The Air

| Now Playing: So It Goes... by Taylor Swift |

See you in the dark,
All eyes on me, your illusionist.
All eyes on us,
I make all your grey days clear and,
Cut me into pieces.
Gold cage, hostage to my feelings.
But I got your heart,
Skippin, skip-skippin' when I'm gone.

'Cause we, break down a little,
But when you get me alone, it's so simple.
'Cause baby, I know what you know,
We can feel it.

You did a number on me,
But honestly baby, who's counting?
I did a number on you,
But honestly baby, who's counting?
You did a number on me,
But honestly baby, who's counting?
Who's couting?
1..2...3...

And all our pieces fall,
Right into place.
Getting caught up in the moments,
Lipstick on your face.
So it goes...
I'm yours to keep,
And I'm yours to lose.
You know I'm not a bad girl but I,
Do bad things with you.
So it goes...

Come here, dressed in black now,
So, so, so, so it goes...
Scratches, down your back now,
So, so, so, so it goes..
____________________________________________________________

Say hello to Wednesday, because it's another blog of me not keeping up with the daily blogging haha. I mean honestly, that's basically what I'm known for at this point, so it really shouldn't be a shocker. Speaking of what I'm "known for", it's so crazy that I've gained so many new followers, and new subscribers and everything recently, it's just literally insane. I'd always imagined having people interested in what I put out and say, but I'd always hoped it would be because of my writing. Hopefully one day, that'll be the case, but until then, I'll take people loving my trash reactions on the internet haha. Anyway, on to the blog.

All of this starts on Sunday, because now that work is full blown about the holidays now, there are no such things has having weekends off. They're things of the past now, so I worked this past Sunday. Obviously, we were working with limited staff because most DM's worked on Saturday, so there weren't that many of us to begin with. Add to the fact that obviously, being over Toys, I have a lot of real estate to deal with, but then mix in the bitter taste of having to sort the Black Friday stuff outside all morning? It was just a mess. But the actual act itself of doing the Black Friday organization wasn't too bad. I had some people that I enjoyed being around at my side, so that was a plus. Also, DBL asked me what I truly thought of them, and a bitch didn't hold back haha. I'm honestly pretty shocked at how well they took it, because I mentioned everything from attitude to shrink meetings. I wasn't bashful, and it was filtered into actual effort, so I'm guessing it went well? I don't like having to break it down like that, but when you ask to be honest, I forgo the sugar.

I feel like it's also important to mention before I continue that my ear hasn't been bothering me since I got back from Nashville? I don't know if it's because of the altitude's we drove or whatever, but I haven't had an episode since we got back. It's truly bizarre. I mean, today and yesterday, I did have some slight irritations with it like, doing that scratchy closing thing, like I needed to pop my ear, but not the total loss and dislodge that I have been feeling. I don't know. I still really want to get it looked at after the holidays, especially before tour comes around. I wanna be able to full experience reputation live without the fear of my ear junking it up for me.

Back to the Sunday sitch. So when we were all outside and everything, it was pretty chill. Also, DBL wasn't telling me their middle name, and after like an hour of torture, I guessed it right, and I was so proud of myself for springing myself out of that hardship haha. After that, I was in the bins full-time, which has been a trend lately because of how much I have and I've been moving random stuff out of other bins just so my stuff is scanned in somewhere in the back room. It's just absolutely insanity.

I've gotten into it with April twice this week, I mean, I just can't help it. I can't really say much for the rest of the work week, excluding yesterday and today (Where we were in grocery and stuff) but yeah. I just can't handle getting unwarranted attitude that I don't deserve, I just don't handle that well. Sure, she apologized this morning, but honestly, how sincere is it when this is like the third or fourth time that she's had to apologized for taking her frustrations out on me? I'm just over it.com.uk.edu.k12. Just so unnecessary.

Okay, so yesterday, something was in the air, I swear to you. People were going off like never before and it was just a sigh to behold. The first two hours of work, I still can't even process, so much happened in those two hours that...okay. Let me start at the beginning. So this who handheld situation is just beyond. It's so far beyond, I can't even fathom it fully to be quite Pocahon. Dustin went off on Sarah about them, went belligerent, and got a talking to, I got into it with April over some breakpacks (that I purposefully stayed after to handle because I didn't want her help, especially after they didn't do my LOL ten buck prenote) and then Warden got so angry at an empty box that she literally went WWE on it and threw it across the back room. I am no kidding. All of this anger and hostility happened before anyone had been there for two hours, it was INSANE. I just think everyone is over it and with tensions high because of Black Friday, everything is just a mess. LunchCrew went to Pizza Den yesterday, which was bomb as always. It was just a crazy day, especially since I stayed after.

So then today, Lord Jesus above, Formerly of the Cross. So I came in pretty well rested, considering I got off late. More pallets of Toys, but what else is new? April gave me her "apology", and we were firstly pulled to grocery to do topstock. Go figure, Toys is really busy right now too, but none for Toys Coco. Anyway, Terry Risa and Faith Rose and I are down and aisle together, making good time, and fate steps in and Destiny drops a can of pasta sauce that shatters, and sprays a customer like right as he turned around to face her. It was literally just a wrong place, wrong time situation, but Destiny was pretty up in arms about it and worried that he was angry, but he took it pretty well. So we had that to deal with, and by that, I mean the clean up haha. Then we got called to AA in Frozen to "Go over" Black Friday, which was literally nothing, and then we finished up in Grocery and we finally got a break.

We all took separate lunches because today was just really insane. By the time I came back from lunch, we were called back over to grocery in order to feature to home, and it was just enough. So while I'm in the process of getting the baking aisle done, I get pulled with Matt to go outside to Davis and DBL to help with Black Friday stuff, just like we had done on Sunday. I was pretty pissed, because keep in mind, that before lunch, I was helping Seanathan Michael Preston out by covering Electronics because of a call out, and it was just madness. So yeah, I was a little upset. Then in the middle of that, I hear a call about mixing paint and since I'm apparently the only other DM that knows how to do it, I left to do that. Luckily Omari got it, but still. Then I decided I had well earned a break from getting pulled around so much, I found Teresa and we went. But then we get called, all DMs with register numbers, to go up front, so we only got about five minutes. And then we get up there, and the lines are fine. Dakota said we could leave, and Teresa and I went to the break room to go get a proper break. By this time, I go back outside to help with Black Friday, but it was just a waste of time and I finally went to leave. But then ended up helping customers at Site To Store that kept me over another thirty minutes, go figure.

They were talking about people coming in earlier than 4pm tomorrow, and I might do it, but who knows. I'm just so over the holidays, it's hard to actually enjoy them anymore. It's like they've been burned out of me like a harsh fever. I'm just really ready for some retail remedy. And yes, more Taylor in the NP. So It Goes... is probably my next fave, fuck it's so good.

Coughing from the retail smog in the air,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment