Sunday, November 26, 2017

Helociraptor

| Now Playing: Delicate by Taylor Swift |

Dive bar on the east side,
Where you at?
Phone lights up my nightstand in the black.
Come here you can meet me in the back.
Dark jeans and your Nikes,
Look at you.
Oh damn never seen that color blue.
Just think of the fun things we could do.

'Cause I like you.

This ain't for the best,
My reputation's never been worse so,
You must like me for me.
Yeah I want you.
We can't make,
Any promises now can we babe?
But you can make me a drink.

Is it cool that I said all that?

Is it chill that you're in my head?
'Cause I know that it's delicate.
Is it cool that I said all that?
Is it too soon to do this yet?
'Cause I know that it's delicate.
Isn't it, isn't, isn't?
Isn't?
Isn't, isn't, isn't?
Isn't, delicate?
_______________________________________________________

Surprise! Another blog that's not daily and another blog not posted on time. I'm thinking about changing my blogging days from Wednesday and Saturday to Wednesday and Sunday. But we'll see, I haven't fully decided yet. I still really love the whole Wed/Sat format, but I don't know. All in due time, Rebecca. So these past few days have been the real testament on my nerves, so let's get into this gig, henny.

The dreaded day had finally arrived. Thanksgiving. It's so sad, but working in retail, and in management in general, has completely killed off whatever holiday spirit that once remained in my feeble holiday season vessel when I worked at the liquor store. We actually got holidays, as in plural, there, and it really made me appreciate the holiday season, since I actually got to enjoy it. But that is no more. Anyway, the night before, Wednesday night, I honestly couldn't tell you what I did. I know that I slept pretty amazing despite the fear that the forthcoming night was going to be drenched in disorganization and disarray, which it was, but hey, at least I slept well. My grandma started the finishing touches on the cooking for Thanksgiving, and all my cousins started to arrive. I was a little shocked, firstly because they were all here before anyone else was, and because a few of them came that don't usually. Joshie and Alan (NOT to be confused with the Allen that I've been talking to) were in attendance, so that was an added festive touch, I guess. It was nice seeing Alan, but I've always felt sort of weird around Joshie. I think it dates back to this conversation we engaged in a few years back, when he kept asking me all these questions about being gay, and how he just didn't understand it, and how I could like dating guys, and I don't know. Granted, he was but a young teenager at the time, but it's always sort of nagged at the back of my mind whenever I'm around him, and just makes things internally awkward for me. But I'm used to my family not fully accepting parts of me, whatever varying parts they may be, so I obviously pushed it aside.

Now since work was wanting people to come in early, talking about coming in at 2 instead of 4, I decided that I was going to go in, mainly because most of us had already eaten by this point and also because I wasn't even spending time with my various family members because ALL of them smoke, and I'm literally the only one that doesn't, and I just can't stand the stench that is cigarette smoke. So I was in my room, seeking refuge from the turmoil, and getting ready for work. By the time I left, I was sort of ready because it just sucks that I couldn't even spend time with anyone because they smoke. It's the crux of my life, I guess. Thanks I guess.

Work was hell. Living, breathing, palpitating hell. This is my fifth Black Friday at my particular place of employment, and my 8th in retail overall, and never in my life have I worked a Black Friday event that was less organized. I honestly can't even believe we raised our sales from the year previous simply because that's how abysmal the planning for event was. It was just simply non-existent. Purely make believe. Pure imagination by Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka. Literally. Such a flustered mess. I was pretty pinched the entire time standing in my queue line, but even before that, I got to hang out with Terry Risa and Pam Pam as we started blowing up the balloons for the event. It started out as me and Morgan Francesca, but she got busy helping set up. The ramen noodle exhibit was fun, but then we got split up to head to our queue lines, and it was a mess. The "map" that told customers and us where things were was not specific to items, like it was in years past, so everyone was pissed, especially the customers from hearing "I don't know" from us when they asked us where stuff was.

Plus we just stood there handing out TVs in our queue line, and that wasn't so bad. Then I rounded up Amber, Pam, and Teresa and we went around the store condensing pallets and making room for the forthcoming conversion back to normal store operations, and then they were all helping me get Toys straightened up, and I started to get overwhelmed. I was literally having a mental breakdown, and I couldn't comprehend anything anyone was saying. Then this customer asking about Pokémon stuff really tartared my sauce, and I was over it. Then after most people had left, Preston got fresh with me a little bit, and after working so long, I was like I'm not dealing with an attitude from anyone so I'm clocking out, so I did. I worked from 1:45pm to minutes before midnight. So I'd say I more than took my share of time helping. I was so fucking exhausted. I tried to stay up a little bit, and I did, but I was just so ready to wash the day away with my dreams. I ended up having a dream about Allen too haha. I had this dream that we were at this party, we came separate, but ended up finding each other. So we're talking and getting to know each other and things of that promising nature, and I said something to him, and before he could answer or say something back, I leaned and kissed him. And we kissed for a little bit and by the time we pulled apart, I either woke up or I don't remember what happened in the dream because that's all I remember haha. But it was a nice dream haha. I shared the dream with him, and he seemed to like that I was having this dream haha. Fun was had by all. Oh, and the title of this blog? Comes from my shitty puns haha. When we were blowing up the balloons, it kept making this God awful screeching sounds, and I mentioned that it sounded like a Velocirpator, and then I was like NO LIKE A HELIUM VELOCIRAPTOR. And thus, Helociraptor was born haha.

And I slept pretty decent after all that. And I literally didn't do shit on Friday haha. The only productive thing that I did on Friday was finish chapter seven in my second book! Obviously Ive already been planning and plotting for chapter eight but I'm just super excited that I finally finished it. And then I typed it up most Friday and Saturday, but I still haven't finished because of time. I'll be so glad when I have more time when the Taylor Swift boosts lock into place. As of now, I'm still in first place, so we'll see. Oh, and I binged the entire first, and only, season of The Mist on Netflix, which was so much better than the movie, oh my God. It was so fucking good. I'm a little pissed at what happened to the only LGBTQ+ character, but other than that, a solid fucking show. I wish there was another season, but alas, cancelled. I stayed up a little too late to finish all ten episodes, but you know ya girl just had to. I still fell sleep to That '70s Show, and right after my last blog, I started Season 6, so that's exciting haha.

Saturday was annoying in the fact that my grandma randomly told me that Joshie was sleeping over, because he had to work in the morning and couldn't be home for whatever raison d'être and that she only had the space for him to sleep in my room on the day bed. I know this shouldn't really bother me, but it did. Because of the reasons listed above, but also because I don't fully trust him to be alone in my room for the amount of time that would transpire between me leaving for work and him heading into work himself. It just didn't set well with me and I ended up lucking out that he preferred to sleep in the living room instead, so that was all good. But then I accompanied my grandma to Golden Corral where we were getting dinner for everybody, and I got so much Bourbon Street chicken, my God. That shit is so fucking good. I ate way too much over the course of the day, but what can you do. Then I ended up marathoning the second season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Literally until bed time when I turned on That '70s Show haha. Aside from the typing up of chapter seven, that's all I did, and it was lovely.

I slept sort of rocky, so waking up for work this morning wasn't the best. Plus since my coffee cup was left at work, and was thought to be thrown away like my metallic blue one, I didn't have coffee to help me. But work ended up being nice in the fact that I was given help for the seven pallets of unworked freight. Zachariah Malachi, from Stationary, was issued to help me, plus Skyler when he came in at 11, plus Walter, but Walter had a ton of bikes to build, so he ended up not. Him, Faith Rose, and I shared all our breaks together, save that of lunch where Zach was on the floor during most of our lunch, but still, so that was fun. Wendy and Amber, through Wendy telling me, found my YouTube page and watched some of my videos and thought I was hilarious, which I am, so that's great haha. Even Rob, who stopped by the store with Amber and the kids, said they and I were awesome. Much praise, swollen ego haha. So yeah, work wasn't too bad. I came home, did my boosts like I have been, I haven't missed a single day haha, and here we are. I'm gonna watch a little Drag Race before bed, and then it's back to bed with That '70s Show. Oh, and I ordered the snake keychain and the only available socks from Taylor's store. Because I'm a slut for those forthcoming tickets. OH! And our bonus is on this next check, with my overtime, so I should have enough for really good seats! COME THROUGH OUR LORD AND SAVIOR. I'm so thankful haha.

Combatting velociraptors with helium,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment