Saturday, November 4, 2017

Knuckle Cuts

| Now Playing: Call It What You Want by Taylor Swift |

All my flowers grew back as thorns,
Windows boarded up after the storm,
He built a fire just to keep me warm.

All the drama queens taking swings,
All the jokers dressing up as kings,
They fade to nothing when I look at him.

And I know I make the same mistakes, every time,
Bridges burn, I never learn, I guess I did one thing right.
I did one thing right.
I'm laughing with my lover,
Making forts under covers,
Trust him like a brother, yeah you know I did one thing right.
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night.

My baby's fit like a daydream,
Walking with his head down,
I'm the one he's walking to.
So call it what you want yeah,
Call it what you want to.

My baby's fly like a jetstream,
High above the whole scene,
Loves me like I'm brand new.
So call what you want yeah,
Call it what you want to.
_____________________________________________________________________

GIRL PEEP THAT SONG IN THE NP. I'm so damn glad that the rumors about there being one more song released from reputation before the album comes out next week (HOW IS IT NEXT WEEK) So I'm actually writing this before the song is actually released. I'm going to really attempt to do this blog daily. I just finished watching Will & Grace and now I'm making a pot of coffee because yes it's that serious that I stay up tonight and properly react to this song haha. I just feel like I could fall asleep at any moment, and that just can't happen when I've got a video to film and edit later on. But enough about currently, and let's get on with the actual blog.

Firstly, today was just a mirage of stained glass images because it was just one shade of crazy after another. I didn't really sleep too well last night, which is weird because I have been keeping up on my melatonin intake when I'm laying down for bed, but it just wasn't really happening last night. I even watched a few episodes of That '70s Show before I finally fell asleep. I kept waking up during the night, and when I woke up around 5, I was convinced that it said 6 and my alarm was about to go off, but obviously I was crazy and enjoyed my last real hour of sleep once I realized what time it really was. So I was dragging by the time I walked in the door at work this morning.

And since this week has been a real mirage of known events, I was just really accepting whatever work had to offer. I had a couple carts of freight and an entire pallet of overstock to bin, but yeah. And we had the morning meeting this morning outside on the patio in Lawn & Garden because there were pallets of seasonal candles and HBA that we were told to deal with after break, so that took about a little over an hour. Luckily, I was with Pam and Amber, so it really wasn't that bad. It just really put me behind in my department, like I have been all week, which isn't' good considering that I have this event on Saturday so.

Lunch was far more interesting haha. There was more additions to LunchCrew, which is always fun. After Pam and I rode with Destiny to McDonald's on Tuesday (Which was an event in of itself), we decided to go to Mexican since that's what we really wanted on Tuesday, but my check hadn't gone in yet. Wendy and Amber joined us for lunch, and we piled into Destiny's car, which was just hilarious because of how many of us there were haha. And then after we ate, which was of course amazing and their sweet tea game literally can't be beat, I told Destiny to play Like My Daddy from the Empire soundtrack so I could get some of the bottled emotions I've been having out lately, and it was a fucking performance haha. I mean I was going all in, and everyone was laughing and enjoying my Grammy winning performance haha. It was fun to get everybody in a good mood with how the week, and the weeks prior, have been going, so that was fun.

Then I was basically going through the department for my top items for the event the rest of the day. Seanathan Michael Preston was there today, so he was helping me try and find some order. Plus he fixed my schedule for the Nashville trip next weekend, so that was much obliged and much needed. And then I was helping customers all over the place, including a guy with a BB air gun, which was just really time consuming, but altogether worth it. Warden wanted to tour my area, so we did that and I was completely transparent about how often I'm able to do routine and processes, otherwise it's not going to get fixed. Then we went over more of what's going to happen for the event, like making cupcakes for the kids (Literally 72 of each color, like a lot of cupcakes)

I came home, after staying a whole hour later at work, watched some greatness in the form of Judge Judy, ate dinner, Preston called me for the top 25 item tags, and then that's it. Watched Grey's and W&G and now I'm really tired, about to watch HTGAWM. I just spent the rest of the evening after dinner catching up on YouTube, aka Shane and Joseph Birdsong haha. This episode of Murder is supposed to fuck us up, so hopefully that'll give me more hype so I'm not so tired. Plus, this coffee is going to play its part.

I ended up making another pot of coffee because a bitch was literally about to pass out and everything, it was just needed. And luckily, I didn't have any trouble getting the song to download or anything like I did with Gorgeous, so everything went smoothly. And FUCK. The lyrics to Call It What You Want are fucking fire. After Gorgeous, I didn't know what to expect out of this song, but I'm so glad that Taylor has blown me clear out of the water. Here's my reaction to CIWYW for those who are interested.


And my video for CIWYW is garnering a lot of views! It got 500 within the first hour, I was shocked. And now, only two days later (It's currently Sunday afternoon), it's at 5.8K views. LITERALLY so insane. I'm so thankful to anyone who watches my trash videos, so to see those type of numbers associated with me are just outrageous but I'm so grateful.

So trying to daily blog? Yeah, that hasn't worked. As seen above, it's currently Sunday afternoon because the past few days has been so crazy that I literally couldn't even post this blog on time last night. So I'll try my best to recall them.

Work has just been crazy. I spent all day Friday in a haze, dealing with customers and just having breakdown after breakdown. And then Saturday was the toys event and it was just a lot of running around trying to prepare. The event wasn't that bad, it was just chaos and I was over it. Plus I literally sliced my knuckle open trying to get the toys set up and everything, so there's that. Not much more than that has happened. I woke up this morning, meaning Sunday morning, just feeling bad. Like I had a hangover, but I don't drink so. It's just really weird. Like I just feel weird? I've felt better since though.

I checked my boosts and I lost my first place spot! But I did my boosts and I think as long as I do them every day, I'll be alright. Then I caught up on The Fosters because Season 5A is on Netflix and now I'm gonna chill. So yeah. Hopefully the rest of this week goes well to give me a smooth transition into the road trip!

Cutting my own knuckles,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment