Sunday, March 3, 2019

Reprise

| Now Playing: Whisper by Betty Who |

Why do you gotta be, gotta be
Gotta be bad for my health?
Even my therapist telling me
You're the reason I need help
Every time you come around
I'm back at square one, square one

How do you get in my, get in my
Get in my head like that?
It's like a button you push
And my body keeps bring me back
Heaven knows I'm wrapped around
The tip of your tongue, your tongue

It's so heartless
When you whisper in my ear
Then you whisper in my ear
Then you whisper in my ear like
This
Come take a ride, don't say goodbye, let's run away
Swear on my life, let's roll the dice and leave today
Straight from your lips into my soul, I can't resist
When you whisper in my ear
Then you whisper in my ear
Then you whisper in my ear like
This
_________________________________________________________

Ugh, over it. As I write this on Saturday, that’s just how I feel. I returned to work this week, after an eight day vacation, and I’m just meh, checked out. 

The rest of my vacation was great, even though I didn’t get as much writing done as I wanted to. Granted, I got a pretty good bit done, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. I spent most of Monday fixing my Sims 4 video footage that had messed up on me. And as I said previously, I wasn’t really doing a whole lot because Sunday truly took its toll on me. Tuesday was spent relaxing from what I can remember. I did so some writing, but after Allen got off work, we were meeting at these apartments to tour them. And that didn’t really go as expected, because 1. The apartment weren’t that great and 2. We apparently make too much money to be able to be accepted. Literally, what kind of shit is that, when we would be barely affording the apartment to begin with?

Wednesday I actually did something I’ve been talking about for over a year and something that I’ve been wanted to do for a while. The first being that I went to Barnes & Noble to get out of the house and write, even though I didn’t write a whole lot, but it was nice to see. I actually ended up writing more once I got home from Barnes & Noble, but I digress. And the second thing I did was I had always joked around about taking a copy of my book and putting it in the shelves myself at Barnes & Noble, since they only sell my book inline, and it’s just been a dream of mine to have my book actually be tangibly on the shelves in one of the store, so I sort of made it happen. I took the copy of my book, that I bought, and set it on the shelf where it would have been had they sold it in store. It made for an awesome picture too. I’ll insert it here if I can get Blogger to work with me. 

But a weird thing happened when I was leaving the Barnes & Noble. As I was leaving, the security thing started going off, as if I had stolen something and everyone was looking at me. No employee was seemingly coming, so I just dipped. And then a cop was following me as I left but they finally passed me, but I was hella freaking out for a little bit there. Thursday, I literally was relaxing since it was my last day of vacation. I ended up watching Happy Death Day and Death Cure, the latter of which was mediocre but I loved Happy Death Day and I was in a weirdly good movie after watching it? I really want to see the second one, but at least waiting to see the first one was worth the wait. We’ve also started alternating between watching episodes of Westworld and Umbrella Academy, super fun.

And then some weird stuff went down, and my grandma called to tell me about it, involving my cousin and her boyfriend. It’s pretty crazy and gory, so I won’t get into it, but it’s literally something out of a movie or something. And now my cousin is moving to Florida to start over. She’s always been the one I’ve been the closest to out of my cousins, so it’s a little sad, but I can’t blame her. She’s been through a lot, so I can’t say that I wouldn’t want the same if the roles were reversed. 

Plus, I came back to work Friday and Saturday and it’s just these huge messed left for me to deal with. On top of the fact that all of Friday and most of Saturday I didn’t have a handheld because guess what? Someone’s taken mine and hidden it or lost or whatever you want to call it because no one has used it since the day after I started vacation, and it wasn’t in its assigned locker when I got back from vacation. 

I’m just ready for another vacation. 

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment