Sunday, March 10, 2019

Drunk Words, Sober Wallet

| Now Playing: Mama Say by Betty Who |

Come with me
I’m what you need
I’ll light you up
‘Cause I can see the fire in your eyes
Welcome to your fantasy
Your wildest dreams
I’ll show you things you never knew you liked
What if we kiss
Just like this
Go insane tonight

What would your mama say?
What would your mama say?

You know you love a pretty girl
With a twisted mind
And you love it when my loving hurts
You tell me all the time
So don’t apologize
Give it to me one more time
You know you love a pretty girl
What would your mama say?

Ooh baby
Look at you now
Oh
You love a pretty girl
And her twisted mind
So good it hurts
Oh baby
Don’t apologize
Don’t you know that I’m
Just a pretty girl

Oh you know you love a pretty girl
With a twisted mind
And you love it when my loving hurts
You tell me all the time
So don’t apologize
Give it to me one more time
You know you love a pretty girl
What would your mama say?
_____________________________________________________________


I know, the song in the NP isn’t new but because of Betty’s new album, I’ve been listening to it again and ugh, it’s so good. Literally some of her songs are so uplifting and with the way work has been lately, I’ve needed it. Speaking of, ugh, it’s back to work, and I’m not necessarily about it. I think I’m just really tired for some reason, and I just want to sleep. Thank God it’s only a two day stretch before my next day off. Even if I do have to get up at 7:30 ON MY DAY OFF. But I digress.

This past week has been a little transformative in a way. Well, as far as writing goes. I tried to do some writing on Sunday, the same way I always do, in my notebook before typing it up, but my hand is starting to hurt when I write way quicker than it used to. So I thought that it was time to transition to more computer based writing, as in just typing it up as it comes to me. But before I put that to practice, we went and got sushi, which I suggested drunkingly Friday night when we cooked for Kelly and Andrew, which was great, and Allen had a few errands he wanted to run. We ended up going to 2nd & Charles (which I have never been to before) because he wanted tarot cards, and holy shit. How have I never seen / been to this store before? It’s basically a Barnes & Noble if Barnes & Noble sold prepared books, and I love it. But we ended up leaving after I perused a little bit, and then he wanted to clean out his car, and I had a nice little photo shoot because I was feeling it.

Monday was a hard day work wise. It was just a lot. Aside from the normal bull, I was just so over the place. And it was just enough. After telling Allen about it, he ended up suggesting going to Kelly and Andrew’s, so that’s what we did after work. He brought his tarot cards and did readings for everyone, and that was fun. Oh, and we went to Viva for dinner, my first time that the Mexican place, and it was okay.  Not as good as the place Katie took us too, but still pretty decent. Tuesday at work was more of the same, and I was so glad to be off the next day.

My day off, Wednesday, was a pretty fun day actually. I ended up doing something super spur of the moment and ended up going and seeing Happy Death Day 2U by myself and I forgot, after only doing it once before, how sort of nice it is to go to the movies by yourself. Plus I knew it wasn’t Allen’s type of movie, and he hasn’t seen the first one like I did last week, so there ya go. The movie was pretty amazing, and was really good at not being too predictable. After that, I headed home and started typing up what I had left in my notebook, and then I broke away from said notebook and started writing on my own on my laptop. And I’m pleasantly surprised at the results. In the past when I’ve tried to write things without a notebook first, I had this sort of writer’s block that would prevent me from being able to get the words out right. But low and behold, that wasn’t the case for me on Wednesday, and I wrote some pretty good stuff, if I do say so myself.

Then Thursday happened. Thursday was a rough day. That was the day I got pulled to a different department for two hours, so my department suffered. And for some dumb reason. And in retrospect, I see how I reacted I’m not the best way, but when I tell you that work has been rough mentally, it has. It’s just really hard when you do something so well and you can’t do it dual-time. Add the fact that you don’t have a co-worker support system at the job you currently stress over, and it’s a lot. But it’s just because I want to write full-time so bad. Friday ended up being okay, I was able to disassociate myself from work and just focus on writing and everything. After work we ended up treating Lorin and Jimmy to Cooper’s Hawk as their weeding gift, and that was a time. So much so that I ended up calling out of work Saturday. Which honestly I needed because when was the last time I had a weekend off or even two days off together? Vacation doesn’t count 😂.

Saturday we finished Umbrella Academy, so good, and Sunday we did our writing and studying respectively, twice and played Smash and all that good jazz. I’m just thankful that Allen and I can have open discussions like we did both during the week and the weekend, and everything still be right afterwards. Oh, and he got us tickets to this wine station tasting event thing that I think is next weekend? So that should be fun. Other than that, it’s full steam ahead on writing now that I’m trying to do as much as possible, aka while I’m on lunch now too, and it’s helping me deal with work stress, I’ll take whatever help I can get there. Also, I started watching Kelsey (from Buzzfeed?)’s Sims 4 videos where she’s doing the 100 Baby Challenge that Allen has been watching. So that’ll consume most of my time this upcoming week. 

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment