Sunday, March 24, 2019

And I’m Drew Barrymore

Yet another week of no song in the blog. I just haven’t found my groove in music again. Hopefully that’ll change soon though, since both Billie Eilish and Lana Del Rey have albums dropping this coming Friday. Speaking of celebrities, the title of this blog is a mess haha. I don’t really even know why it’s been a thing, but we were sitting down and watching the latest season of Queer Eye, and I think Johnathan mentioned Drew Barrymore, and I ended up doing a really piss poor imitation of her, and it’s just been a low-key thing this week? We’re a lot, but we’re a lot of fun haha.

Work has been trying my nerves this past week. Firstly, they’ve started this new thing where only assistant managers can access the devices we use to do our jobs, and we have to wait for them to unlock them and hand them out, like we’re children, which is even more annoying once you factor in that we have Manager in our job title as well. It’s just super annoying and frustrating because not only is it condescending (because they’re blaming department managers for the lack of equipment) but it’s also a colossal waste of time, something that they literally harp on us all the time about. Add the fact that Saturday, I found out yet another person was scheduled a weekend off, after I bitched to my manager about how I haven’t had a schedule weekend off since moving to Richmond, I was pissed. I’m so tired of working weekends. And it’s not that fact that I’m just working weekends, or the fact that I’m SUPPOSED to only work one a month, it’s mainly the fact that if you were every weekend, you’re supposed to make a certain amount, as in more than I do, so either give me my weekends off, or bump my pay by $1.50 because you know what I’ve had? It. I’m clearly over it, can’t you tell?

The rest of the week has been pretty good. Tuesday we were going to go to this apartment to check it out, but they ALSO have an income restriction that we somehow surpass, so they’re a no go. We still have two more that we’re trying to check out, it’s just finding the time to schedule it. Hopefully by next week, we can see another. I didn’t get nearly enough writing done on my day off. Actually, all I really did was flesh out the timeline of the next few chapters, which in truth really needed to be done, but I felt a little bummed about it afterward about not actually writing. I’m hoping to change that with this next upcoming day off though. Oh, I also finished Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom on my day off. Not nearly as good as the first one, but it was okay. I like the way the set up the next movie, so I think, and I’m hoping, that that one will be better, but who the hell knows. I’m just a sucker for Bryce Dallas Howard. I also did get to play some Sims on Wednesday like I was wanting to. My main Sim, Greyson, and his husband, Darios, now have a child named Gunnthra, and a toddler named Hríd, both named after Fire Emblem Heroes characters. Can you tell I’m still obsessed?

Speaking of, this week I also came up with a new book idea, inspired by my still reigning obsession with Fire Emblem, and that seems pretty promising. I’m liking the direction it’s going. Also this past week, I ended up finishing Fire Emblem Heroes’ storyline, or at least all that’s out at the moment, so I’ve resorted to replaying the game on a higher difficulty, because honestly I’ve never been so invested or into a mobile game before. But that’s what happens when you become obsessed with Fire Emblem I guess. Just girly things™️.

What else has happened this week? I bought two new shirts from work, because the brand George has been killing it lately and I just am loving their new designs. I started watching Joseph Birdsong’s old playthrough of Alien Isolation on a whim, so that’s been entertaining while I’ve been at work on lunch and stuff. I guess that’s really about it, except for all the shenanigans that happened Saturday.

We had a bunch of friends over for a sort of potluck, and it was a lot of fun. Allen and I made a make your own pasta kind of thing with alfredo and marinara and then everyone brought some type of side dish or dessert. And after we ate and drank some wine, we all played a game that Lorin brought called Last Word that was hilariously fun. To some it up, “things about cats: cats” 😂. But then, after going about five or six some years, I actually got sick from the wine. Which is really weird because it’s not even that I drank a lot. I think the mixing is what did it, but that happened. Yay. 

I’m just hoping this upcoming week is pretty lax because I need it Lord. 

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment