Sunday, March 17, 2019

Joy, I’ve Been Nice To You, But I Am Coming To The Edge

Hola! Would you look at that, it’s the first time there hasn’t been a song in the NP for a while now, but there just hasn’t been one song that’s sort of stuck out to me a whole lot. Sure, there were a couple days that Take Me Or Leave Me were stuck in my head, but not enough in my opinion to garner the status of NP. And the title of this blog is still making me laugh 😂😂. It’s from this kid that was on an episode of Wife Swap, and he is literally a catchphrase king. And we’ve been saying them a lot the back half of this week. Such phrases include:

  • Bacon is good for me!
  • She’s acting like she’s the queen, and we’re the sorry people
  • You’ll never see this face again!
  • I keep losing at deals and I don’t want to make any deals!
  • A bump in the road comes, and she wants to be sarcastic

Honestly, I could repeat them all day long every day but, because I love Allen and don’t want to drive him crazy, we’ll leave them in this blog haha.

It’s been a fairly good week, especially because work hasn’t been nearly as toxic as usual. Granted, the work has been, I guess, a little lighter, but really I just think my attitude has changed. Staying on top of writing, and writing when I can, has somehow just really shifted how I’ve approached work lately, and I’m super thankful for it. Now that being said, the damn ads that run on the TV right next to my department are driving me crazy. I love them, but if I have to hear Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard promote Hello Bello one more time, I truly think I might scream. But other than that, and some customers that literally should’ve just walked right back out the door, work has been pretty doable.

Tuesday was a great day, partly because I was off on Wednesday so I was looking forward to getting off work, but mainly because it was a surprise date night. And it was funny, because I was already planning to surprise Allen by stopping at the store and grabbing us a bottle of Rumple, and he surprised me by propositioning for us to go to James River Winery after work. We did that, and it was lovely, even though the tasting person wasn’t really invested in telling us about the wines, but whatever. We sat upstairs and on a balcony, it was really pretty. And we had no idea James River had that big of a dual room upstairs, so that was nice to see. But the view overlooking the front yard of the winery was so beautiful, and it was such a gorgeous day outside, it was amazing. Then we decided to just make it a full date night and grab some dinner, so we headed over to Havana, singing musical songs on the way, and I proposed my idea for a musical karaoke night, so we’ll see if that happens in the near future.

My day off was spent basically playing Sims 4 most of the day. I had a FaceTime and Sims date with Benzo, so that actually played out wonderfully, and it was really nice to do that again after so long of not being able to do so. And because my obsession with Fire Emblem has furthered, if you can believe that, I’m naming my Sims’ kids after some of my favorite me from Fire Emblem Heroes, so that’s been great. I don’t know what it is lately, but I’ve been getting back into Fire Emblem Heroes more and more lately, and I’m basically just really into all of Fjorm’s siblings because they’re precious and I love them.

The rest of the week was fairly chill, catching up on our tv shows, and then Friday the new season of Queer Eye came out, so that’s been fucking us up. Saturday we sort of had a bunch of plans. Of course I worked during the day, but once I got home, we headed over to his friends Emily’s mom’s birthday party, which I was a little apprehensive about but it was actually a lot of fun, and I wished we could have spent more time there. But my stomach was not having it after I guess it was Friday night? No, I think it was Thursday where we drank some Rumple while we did Shot Smash, and it was a lot. My stomach was messed up all of Friday at work, and then it was still recovering Saturday, but it was still a lot of fun despite not being able to partake in a whole lot of drinking. Then we left there and followed through with our plans with Chelsea, and that was pretty chill. Then when we left there, we ended up getting some McDonald’s, and then bed haha. 

Sunday was a chill day, thankfully, and while Allen was out at brunch for Rebecca’s bridal party brunch, I went and got my haircut and then came home and started watching Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, but I haven’t finished it yet, so I’m looking forward to being able to do that on my day off Wednesday. And I’m just already ready for my day off. I don’t want to leave the house at all. I want to maybe finish Fallen Kingdom, do some writing (and I really need to plot out the timeline REALLY bad), and play some Sims. That’s literally it. That sounds so damn good. 

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment