Saturday, March 30, 2019

Joey...Use Me

I feel like this week has been really long and winding. Maybe that’s because of Friday’s contents, but who can never be sure? It’s just been a loooong week, and I’m super glad it’s coming to a close. I was going to have a song in the blog this week, but so many have been swirling in my head throughout the week, so I’m just going to list them here. 

  • Tempo by Lizzo
  • I’m So Tired by Lauv & Troye Sivan
  • Just Thought You Should Know by Betty Who

Tempo started at the beginning of the week, but Missy Elliott’s verse (even though I love her) ruins it for me. Then I heard the acoustic version of I’m So Tired and I sort of fell in love with it. I even made up my own lyrics to Troye’s verse because I didn’t know the lyrics when I was singing it in the shower 😂 and then Just Thought You Should Know was stuck in my head yesterday. And then I woke up this morning, Saturday, with Tattooed Heart by Ariana Grande stick in my head. I blame the drive to the apartments for that one because I was belting this shit out of it that day. But I digress.

Sunday I applied for this open position at Frito Lay. It was for a full-time merchandiser, and it was making the same amount of money that I’m making now. But ultimately, it didn’t work out. After scheduling and rescheduling times for me to come in for an interview, Friday during lunch was the only time either of us had to do it, so I went. But I was super upfront about what I was looking for (i.e, not weekends and during the day) and that wasn’t aligning with what they needed, so we ended up not going through with the interview process, which is all for the best I believe. I’m not really sure that there’s anything I can find out there that’s Monday - Friday, and has the hours that I want. I think where I’m at now is the closest I can get. And while that sort of sucks as far as I’m not really in a field that furthers what I want to do with my life, I’ve just sort of come to terms with that fact that I’m just going to be here until I can make my dreams happen. Granted, my job is super stressful at times and sometimes it’s so mundane that I don’t know what to do with myself, but it pays the bills. It pays for my car. It keeps me with a steady chunk of change that most don’t get to appreciate, so I’ll appreciate it as much as I can.

The work week hasn’t been too bad, I don’t guess. There’s been some super frustrating days. This whole locker situation with the equipment is still really annoying and is still really wasting time, but no one seems too worried about it, so I’m rolling with it. Monday after work, Allen and I went walking at a park / trail, and even though it was raining, it was really nice to go and do. Although the best day this week, shocker, was probably my day off. 

I was able to get a whopping eight and a half pages written, so that’s awesome. I had some Queer Eye playing in the background, the sun was shinning, and I was super productive. It was an all around wonderful day off. I felt really good, being able to get that much done. And then I wrote two more pages while on lunch Thursday, so that’s been probably the best thing about this week. I’ve been doing more drowning myself in Fire Emblem Heroes lately. Maybe that’s how I’ll get the rest of this work day to get going, I’m ready to be off. Anyway, it’s been a nice distraction. Fire Emblem always is, and I’ve even been wanting to do some drawing inspired by it lately. Did I mention that I came up with a new story inspired by Fire Emblem? I’m not sure if I did or not, but yeah, that’s been a fun way to get through the work days lately. I’m really enjoying that aspect of earlier this week, I think that’s when I started plotting it out and writing stuff down about it. It actually sort of helped me harness all my energy Wednesday into writing Book Two of my current series.

Thursday we had plans to go see these apartments, 11 North, and they turned out to not be a good fit. Nothing included is basically why, and we were already looking at about a thousand for that place without having to pay every utility. Richmond is just really expensive. On to the next, I guess. I’m just hoping we can find a place relatively soon. I think both of us are just ready for our own space. 

This blog ended up being shorter than I thought? After work, I think we’re going to a restaurant over in Cary Town and then over to Chelsea’s? Hanging out with Chelsea was going to be on Sunday but it looks like it got moved to today. Which is good in retrospect. At least hopefully I can sleep in and actually sleep well tonight. 

The wonderful title of this blog comes from an episode of Queer Eye that Allen and I have been quoting non-stop lately. And we even made a gif from it, and the Queer Eye’s Twitter posted the same video I did like hours later. Thieves, but okay.

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment