Sunday, April 7, 2019

Oh My God, It’s She-Ra

Now Playing: Just Thought About You by Betty Who

When glass don’t break
When time don’t fly
When the snow’s falling in July
When I don’t need to breathe to be alive
Thats when I’ll stop thinking bout you
When you play with fire
And don’t get burned
When I fall in love and don’t get hurt
When I’m not missing everything we were
That’s when I’ll stop thinking bout you

I can still
Feel you
You’re everywhere
I can taste
Your lips
Hear your voice in my head
And I know that I should shut my mouth
And just hang up the phone
But I still
Want you
I just thought you should know

When the sun burns out
And the stars are dead
When your voice ain’t running through my head
When I fill this void here in my bed
That’s when I’ll stop thinking bout you

‘Cause I can still
Feel you
You’re everywhere
I can taste
Your lips
Hear your voice in my head
And I know that I should shut my mouth
And just hang up the phone
But I still
Want you
I just thought you should know
_______________________________________________________

Okay, I’m back in my Betty Who bullshit. The song in the NP is actually a mash-up by none other than yours truly. It’s a mix of Just Thought You Should Know and Stop Thinking About You. I’m absolutely obsessed with it. I honestly wish the verses of About You and the chorus of Just Thought we’re actually together because when mixed, they make a perfect song in my opinion. But anyway, on to the blog.

This week, yo. It has FLOWN by for some reason. I don’t understand it, but I am here 👏🏼 for 👏🏼 it! Some interesting information that happened this week is my brother got his first job...working at the same place as my best friend, no less. So now Benzo and my brother work together, and that’s just a crazy concept. I still remember when he was brought home from the hospital, so it’s just weird to think about him working with my best friend now. Life is crazy™️ Shane Dawson. 

Work has been okay lately. Aside from the normal super annoying things that are happening around here, I’ve just mainly been surprised by how fast the work week has gotten away from me. Not that I’m complaining, as I said, I’m all here for it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I only had to work Monday and Tuesday, then I was off Wednesday, then I had to work Thursday and Friday before my long awaited weekend off. It would be better if I didn’t have to specifically schedule this weekend off, and it would be better if I didn’t have to work six days in a row after this weekend off, but I’ll take what luxuries I can when it comes to days off around here.

Tuesday was pretty cool because we did our semi-usual routine of me doing a bit of writing and Allen doing a bit of studying. I was in a writing mood, as well as a Lana mood (my need for Lana’s new album knows no bounds lately), so that’s what I did. And I actually ended up finishing chapter 13 like two scenes ahead of time. I’m going to cycle said scenes into chapter 14 because even though chapter 13 has less scene changes in it, it’s actually the size of most of the other chapters, so I just kind of went in I guess?? Haha I don’t know, but it feels good to be that much closer to being finished with it. My appointment for Book Two’s cover is coming closer and closer, with a July 9th start time (peep that Taylor Swift reference though 👀) so I’ve got that to think about as well. But all in all, I was super happy that I got that done on Tuesday night. 

 We’ve also been dealing with apartment stuff this week again. After the fiasco that was our last visitation to apartment hunting, we’ve been trying to get more information about these two particular apartments. Mainly because we made a super tight and super detailed budget for our expenses and everything, just to see what we really can and can’t afford, assigning it to an actual number that we can’t go over if we still want to be able to put food in the place. So armed with that information, we’ve been setting our sights on these two aforementioned apartments. Only they weren’t picking up at the beginning of this week, and we finally heard back from one of them after I called Wednesday. Plus Allen found this house on Facebook Marketplace that I think we’re still going to see on Sunday? It’s a really good deal, but I’m just weary of renting from someone that’s not through an actual complex or something. But we shall see.

Tuesday was also the night we randomly started She-Ra. Both of us have been semi interested in watching it after hearing that it was pretty good, so we ended up starting it and it’s actually really good! It’s giving me Wonder Woman mixed with Avatar: The Last Airbender and it’s great. The second season drops on Netflix I think the 26th of April or something, so we have some more episode to look forward too. Basically Tuesday was just a really great day. Wednesday, since I was off and Allen was off this whole week from spring break, we had some plans. We went to lunch at Sushi King, then he was taking me to a secret place that he had taken Kelly on Monday. It ended up being New Kent winery, which I ended up loving. Their wine is really good, and to become a member it’s literally nothing and you don’t have to keep up with buying a bunch of bottles. Might look into that in the future. Then we were going to go to the Barnes & Noble in Short Pump, but Allen wasn’t feeling too good so we ended up going home before he went back out for his haircut. All in all, it was a really good day.

The rest of the work week continued to go by pretty fast, so I was thankful for that. Friday was the day that Part 2 of Sabrina popped off on Netflix, so we ended up watching the first episode that night, and so far it’s upholding to the first season. I’m into it, as expected. Then Saturday we had a wine festival we were going to with his mom and some of her friends. So we headed over to James River winery for the event and that was a lot of fun. We got to sample wines from some other wineries, shop around, I ended up buying this painting of Patron, and we ended up sort of making a new friend in one of his moms friends daughter in law, so thanks to Diana I guess haha. She also is a teacher and knows some of Allen’s co-workers because she helped open the school he works at, so that was a hoot and a holler. After the winery, we headed home where Rebecca came over, but I was so drained. I ended up getting sunburnt on my arms at the event, and the sunburn was just absolutely draining me. But dinner was nice, we ate outside and chilled, then came back upstairs and they did a reading and then we all played Smash. A long day, but a really good day. 

I’m also thinking about switching phone carriers just so I can save some money, which will help us with having more money to move. I think I’m going to go there one day after work this upcoming week, and see if I can switch. Mainly because it’s looking like I can switch and they cover my termination fees with Verizon, so that’ll be really the only way I can switch over, but we shall see. Hopefully we get to finish Sabrina this upcoming week because a bitch is obsessed. And then, hopefully I can survive this upcoming work week because I have to work six days in a row to compensate for me having this weekend off. Puke, but hopefully it goes by as fast as last week. 

Until next time,


— Justin 

No comments:

Post a Comment