Sunday, March 11, 2018

Season's Blessings

| Now Playing: High Society by Betty Who |

Look it's almost morning,
Baby turn your collar up.
There ain't nobody dancing,
Who looks better down and out on their luck.
Run away to a little place with me,
Where everybody thinks we're royalty,
Think of how easy life could be.
Run away to a place that isn't far,
Forget the jet, call us a car,
It doesn't matter where we are.

Won't you, carry me away,
After endless ballroom dreams?
With you, starting every day,
We'll be high society.
We'll drink, Chardonnay through the day,
'Cause we say so.
A silk lapel, suits you well,
Baby you know.
With you, each and every day,
We'll be high society.
________________________________________________________

BAM. Probably another short blog in the works for today, but honestly, what's new? Just wanted to pop on here and post a little update I guess haha. I thought that the Scooby Doo party was still in the works for Friday, but that didn't end up happening. Which I didn't know until after I bought a bunch of Fred clothes because there was no time for me to do a gender bent Velma. But it works out that it's actually happening next weekend because I'll have time to plan out my Velma outfit now haha.

So after work Friday, I just ended up hanging around. Did some very minuscule writing in my Grey's Anatomy x Teen Wolf fanfiction haha, might update a chapter of it real soon. I don't know, I was just feeling the Sterek feels I guess. Then yesterday morning, I was fully ready for Benzo and Allen to meet, so that was happening. Allen texted me and said something about me driving up there and we could drive back down together since we were going back to his place after anyway, which was funny because I was going to suggest the same thing haha. Great minds think alike. So I headed up there, we drank a little bit, hung out with West while he watched The Good Doctor. Then we headed down to Smokey Bones and got our table and then Benzo finally joined us. They got a long great, not that I was worried. They got on really well and that made me happy because I really care about him and it's important for her to like him and everything just for my peace of mind haha. I even found out that Allen knows about Milly the puppet and I literally about cried that he knew that because she's such an obscure reference that Benzo and I talk in all the time, it made my heart sing.

After dinner we went back to Allen's place, and just hung out with West instead of getting together with Allen's co-workers like we were going to. We drank some more, watched SNL, and then went to bed, but after Allen showed me this hilarious parody of the Blair Witch Project starring Scooby Doo characters, literally a mess haha. And this morning, we just hung out for a little bit before I came home, and here we are haha.

The title of this blog comes from what Allen thought I said on the ride back to Blacksburg when I said "peace and blessings" to something, and he thought I said the title haha. Good times. There was also a lot of jokes about getting plowed and the little sayings that both of us say all the time.

I'm still waiting on my audiobook to be "cleared" for publication from ACX, so I'm literally just waiting on them now that the cover is finalized and uploaded and everything. I just really want to get Sever out there as many places and in as many ways as I possibly can.

Blessing this season of television,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment