Sunday, March 18, 2018

Grapes & Queso

| Now Playing: Be Brave by The Fosters Cast |

I know it was just a moment ago
When we stepped out on this road
But now I can't imagine love without you here
So hold my heart, though you're far away
It's not the end, but one more day
Until we make it through, know that I love you

I will be brave,
I will be strong,
Nothing can tear us apart.
Just one more step,
Just one more breath,
For you I will,
I will be brave

We live because we love,
We love 'cause we belong,
Yes I swear,
Oh you healed the scars that never felt a wound,
And we'll never need their rules.
To guide the way,
Love will light the day.
____________________________________________________________

So I've pretty much had both Love Will Light The Day and Be Brave stuck in my head since the last blog haha. Wednesday, they both came on shuffle when I was in the back room tending to my bins and I was like yaaaasssss. And I've been waking up with first Love Will Light The Day stuck in my head and then the past couple days its changed to Be Brave, so yeah haha. Maybe it was fueled by all the posts on social media that I've seen about The Fosters 100th episode being filmed or whatever, but I've been jamming to those emotional bops lately.

Work was been just a lot lately. I know I'm not trying to focus on the stress and work related things of that nature, but it's just been a lot. Tensions are really high, people are fed up, people are upset, it's just been a lot. I was just thankful to have Wednesday to cater to my bins to be honest. It was the one day I didn't have to run obscene amounts of freight. Thank God I have Faith Rose there, literally wouldn't know what to do without her there haha. I stayed after Thursday to help her with Cheese, and then Friday, they tell us we can't keep all of our overtime, even though the incentive for this week was we could get overtime. Go figure.

So since Scooby Doo night was postponed, I suggested to Allen that we go see Love, Simon on Saturday, so that's what we did. We both were hoping the other wanted to see an earlier showtime, which worked out perfectly haha. We had to leave as soon as I got to his place because my laundry ended up taking so damn long, but we got to the theater with time to spare. The movie was so damn cute, I can't even. I really wish I had had a movie like Love, Simon when I was growing up. They explored a lot with what it feels like to be gay and not tell anyone, so I commend them for that. All in all, it was beautiful film. A way better experience than that of Call Me By Your Name. Plus there was a lot of theater class scenes and Allen was living and basically Ms. Albright in the film was Allen haha. She was the star, to be Pocahonest.

Then we were starving so we went to get something to eat. Texas Roadhouse was way too long of a wait so we went to Red Robin, where we had a good time, despite it being really busy and the services a little wonky because of it. But we were together so there wasn't any complaints on that end haha. We were supposed to be hanging out with Amanda and CJ at the house, which is where we went after dinner, but they never showed or anything, so Allen and I had our own night in. Watched The Lizzie McGuire Movie and High School Musical and lived every part of our best gay life haha. He also randomly decided to try something knew while we were eating tortilla chips with queso as well as some grapes to dip the grapes in queso and bitch. That combo? LIVING. It was so damn good, we kept eating the grapes with queso for the rest of the night haha. We're honestly icons.

We had our romantic night together, which was super nice, and then were both loopy heading to bed haha. Then this morning we just had wonderful in bed conversations like we usually do and I headed home and here I am. Did a little bit more writing like I did Friday, but I'm feeling a little creatively drained for some reason. Maybe it's because I wrote that chapter in Stiles' Anatomy, but who can never be sure. I'm honestly just gonna chill today I think. Maybe hit the treadmill a little later in the day, but chilax sounds like a plan right now.

Always up for some grapes and queso,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment