Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Is John Okay? (Eres Una Puta!)

| Now Playing: Battle by Taylor Swift |

The first shots fired
Everybody’s gathered around
You’re looking at me like
I tried to take you down
No, no
That’s not what happened at all
There’s no sound
I’m waiting on your next move
You shoulder down
And I knew where to hit you
No, no
It’s not how I wanted this to go down

Now we’re standing in the ring
And you make the first swing
And now we’re fighting dirty
But I ain’t going down till they break it up

And I used to be on your side
Now it’s looking like we’re going to battle
And why you’re taking shots at me like
Somebody’s gonna give you a medal
And I never want to hurt you
But I’m tired of taking all these blows
And so
I’d rather be on your side
But if you want fight
Baby let’s go
Oh, oh
Let’s go
Oh, oh

But you’re not who I thought you were
And this is looking more like a war
Looks like we’re going to war
Going to war

And I used to be on your side
Now it’s looking like we’re going to battle
And I’m trying not to break down crying
No one’s gonna give you a medal
And I never want to hurt you
But I’m tired of taking all these blows
And so
I’d rather be on your side
I’d rather be on your side
But if you wanna fight
Baby let’s go
Oh, oh
Looks like we’re going to war
Oh, oh

The first shots fired
Everybody’s gathered around
You’re looking at me like
I tried to take you down
No, no
But if you wanna fight
Baby let’s go
_____________________________________________________________

I’m writing this just after we got back from our getaway weekend, and I can’t tell you how needed it was. Just the small act of getting away for a few days, seeing our friends, being alone with each other, it’s just been exactly what I needed, what I think we both needed, and I’m just super grateful that we were able to do so. The first thing that brings a smile to my face is the title of this blog, and the weekend was so great, that there were so many candidates for what the blog was going to be titled because there were so many funny things that were said and that happened. But the one I settled on just made me laugh the most. My boyfriend and I were talking from the street parking we had to endure when we went to Macado’s for lunch and we passed this car that was like for whatever the hell it was for and I think it had the name John Oakey on it and I didn’t even see it when we first walked past it. But he saw it and thought it said “Is John Okay?” And it just cracked me up, even more so when we treated it like a philosophical question about whether or not John wanted to be okay haha. Good times. And then the parentheses comes from Allen and I making up a spell for Kelly’s party, especially when we saw Lisette because we think we’re funny.

Anyway, so right after I posted the last blog, my boyfriend and I reironed our Hogwarts Houses Outfits and headed over to his friend Katie’s place for a little hangout / walkthrough haunted house thing that they had created and it was really low-key, but fun. We headed back to the house and started watching Fantastic Beasts, but ya girl was tired and so we didn’t get to finish it because sleeep. Thursday was the day that Grey’s Anatomy truly decided to fuck me all the way up by having this wonderfully crafted episode and then showing everyone who died at the end like HOW DARE YOU?? Allen was consoling me because I was a mess after it, let me tell you. But at least Will & Grace and HTGAWM we’re low-key enough to set me back in track haha. And then Friday, glorious Friday came. I was a little worried as far as work went because I had been taking half-lunches so I could accumulate some overtime, as well as staying over ten minutes each day, so I could leave early, so we could leave early heading down to Roanoke / Blacksburg for the weekend. I was only worried because they were putting my department through a reset and I was worried about leaving them high and dry, but it ended up working out alright, even though we had hella company there, but ya girl knew how to swerve that disaster and I was able to leave at 12:30 like Allen and I had planned.

Luckily, we had packed the night before, so that was already done by the time we headed out. After getting something to eat, we headed out on the road. Which normally wouldn’t be a bad trip or hard or anything, but there was a wreck in the way that held up traffic and added an hour to hour drive, plus it was raining almost the entire way there. Super water sign aesthetic, but hella annoying when traveling. Anyway, then we got the Airbnb and met the host, who was really nice, gave us a free bottle of wine, so hell yeah. The place was just as nice as in the pictures. Only, we didn’t realize / weren’t told that this place was basically an add on to an already existing house, as in, the host family lived on the other side of the house, separated by a bolted door in the kitchen. Which is fine, but still, would have been nice to know. Another thing was there’s no bedroom door, and the bedroom is downstairs where you have to, or most y’all people I guess, have to duck under the ceiling to be able to get down there. But hey, at least it was super pretty and within our price range.

We relaxed for a little bit, but then it was time to get our costumes on and head over to Kelly’s party. We put our Hogwarts outfits back on, and headed out to buy supplies for the night and for the rest of the weekend before getting there. Both places that we stopped to get drinking stuff were hella crazy busy, and we didn’t know that it was Homecoming weekend until way later. But the party was fun! We got there, started drinking, West finally got there, we all hung out. And then suddenly, I was fairly drunk and loving it. There’s this wonderful picture that West took that shows me in my pique state, but it was a lot of fun. Oh, and briefly, I met a girl that went to the same Taylor Swift concert as me, and we were just talking about it when they had to leave so that was interesting. Allen and I were starving at the end of the party, so we stopped by Cookout. Big mistake. My stomach was not having it. Considering the fact that we were back at the Airbnb until about 3ish, I tossed and turned a lot, and not just because the bed there was abnormally soft to a fault. My stomach was going through it, and I ended up going to the bathroom like four times throughout the morning, it was enough starring Jennifer Lopez. And then, something incredible happened. Before we went to bed, I saw stuff online talking about a leaked Taylor song, but I tossed it aside as fake hysteria. But when I was up and able Saturday morning, it was real.

It’s the song in the NP because obviously, when a new Taylor Swift song comes to light, I’m going to be obsessed with it. Initially, people were saying that the song, which is still on the fence about whether is titled Battle or Let’s Go (I prefer Battle myself), was an outtake from 1989, even though it’s heavily acoustic. But then I was ready that it was after Red but before 1989, which makes way more since because it’s hella Red era. And that fact makes me super happy because not only is it Red Season, but it’s also a masterpiece of an album so if this bop was scraped from Red, imagine the other Red era miracles out there waiting to be heard. Ugh. So good. I’m still trying to learn all the lyrics, but it’s incredible. Her melodies and harmonies continue to fuck me up in the best way possible. 

Trying to make plans that worked for everyone was a nightmare. After I got up, I was texting my friends to see what worked for everyone, and a certain someone was getting on my nerves just because it seemed like, and ended up being, that if they couldn’t bring someone, they weren’t going to come and I’m like 👀 bitch I came all the way down here and you’re gonna come at me that way woooooowww. But I’m over it, clearly. So the plan was looking like everyone was going to meet at dinner. But before that, Allen and I headed to my old store to see if there was anyone to visit. And like I figured, not a whole lot of people were working. But I got to see Teresa! So essentially, it was worth it. Then we ate some lunch at Macado’s before heading over to my grandparents house. And that was fun. Nothing much has changed there really. But I did give Allen the complete tour, because he hadn’t seen the entire house, so I showed him the rest of it. Then my grandma showed me that my cousin, who lives with them now, is using my bookcase, which is fine as long as she takes care of it. Speaking of taking care of things, my old room? Trashed. My aunt, who is also living with them now, is moved into my old room and it looks like a disaster. Just everything is everywhere, and a mess. She’s using my treadmill as a clothes rack and my desk is just littered on top with crap. It’s whatever, it’s not like I have the room to take those things right now. But with Allen and I seriously looking into places, it might be sooner rather than later that I might be able to change that. 

Ever since we got back, both of us have been feeling ready to go. I think it’s really just because this is the first time we’ve gotten away since I moved in, and even more than me, I think he’s ready to go. So he’s been hardcore looking for places, and we’ve found some that are viable options. We’ve got some appointments set up for Friday and Sunday to go scope out two places, so hopefully that ends up working out. I think we’re just looking forward to having our own space. 

Anyway, so after talking to my grandma for a while, we decided to head out. After being prompted, I was even gonna stop by my dads house, but he never got back to me, so we headed back to the Airbnb and took a nap because of course we did. I got frustrated because I looked like Destiny wasn’t coming to dinner. But Ceara was going to meet us at the Airbnb around five, and then we were going to up to Christiansburg because Allen and I really wanted to go back to The Farmhouse to eat, and she was going to ride up with us. So we showed her around the Airbnb, chilled, and then headed up to Christiansburg. And of course, the food was amazing. Probably the best steak I’ve ever had in my life, it was incredible. Plus the special they had was a steak that came with a crab cake so it was literally Heaven. The only bad thing was West didn’t even get there until just after we had finished eating because he got stuck in traffic. But we headed back to the Airbnb to chill and drink. We ended up playing Picolo and then called it a night after a while. Allen and I watched an episode of Sabrina, but I know I was fading fast, and we went to bed. 

We got up the next morning and got dressed, and we headed back to the store so I could see Destiny since she had to work. I ended up seeing Morgan too so that was a lot of fun, I’m just glad everything ended up working out really. Then we stopped and got some food at Applebee’s and headed on back to Richmond. The trip back was a lot smoother, some initial traffic but not too bad. And at least this time it wasn’t raining the entire time. We relaxed a lot when we got home because why wouldn’t we? The only real thing we did was watch more of Sabrina. Bitch, I know that it sort of started rough but it’s a good ass show. They just really need to take the bluring effect away from the editors.

Coming back to work Monday wasn’t too bad. Works just sort of been work, as usual, lately. I did get my schedule changed for this weekend though so I’m not on the schedule for both Saturday and Sunday. And there were talks of me moving to Domestics or Housewares, but I have no idea about what’s going on with those as of today, Wednesday. It’s be interesting though because I’d be in a department that I understand more, and I’m really good at the process of that side of the store and everything, but like I said, I have no idea what’s really going on with that. After work, Allen and I watched the final episode of Sabrina and bitch. Like, I can’t even believe how good it ended up turning out considering the slow burn at the beginning. I need Season Two right the hell now. Plus, it really makes me want to read the comics, just to see how different they are and if they’re pretty close to what we saw on the show. But Sabrina Spellman is here, bitch, and don’t cross her unless you want to be consumed by Hellfire. And we were on another level Monday night because we were laying in bed, doing the popular Milly phrase “You’re gonna fry, motherfucker” but with things our friends would say, and then we were doing it for random things like the I Don’t Know Her video and just losing our minds with laughter haha. I love him so much.

Yesterday at work sucked. Not because it was particularly bad, even though an associate and my assistant ticked me off, but because I was just over it. I think what had a lot to do with it was I hadn’t slept that great since we’ve been back from Roanoke, not that I even slept that great at the Airbnb, but I was struggling to get through the day yesterday. But luckily once I was off it got better. As soon as I got home, we went and voted, and then started watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, but it was getting late, so we didn’t finish it. Today’s been pretty good because I’m able to work at my own pace, I’m basically just doing price changes all day so I’m down. Plus I’m off tomorrow, even though I’ve got plans. I’m meeting with a dealership to see about trading in my car because, if we’re seriously looking to get our own place soon, it would be really beneficial if my car payment was any amount of less. And I want to bring up my Mac from the garage and set it up in the room with all my other things, in preparation for typing up my chapter of my book. Speaking of, I’ve been plotting out, thanks to the inspo Of Sabrina, another story I’ve had in the works that’s more supernatural based. I was plotting some hell good shit the other night, so at least I’ve been plotting even though I haven’t necessarily been writing too much lately. 

And as I get ready to head to lunch at work today, please enjoy all these pictures (assuming Blogger uploads them correctly) from the weekend up until yesterday. 

Until next time,


— Justin
















No comments:

Post a Comment