Wednesday, November 28, 2018

It's Dark and Hell Is Hot

| Now Playing: All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey |

I...
Don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas
Is...
You
Baby all I want for Christmas is
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
_________________________________________________________________________________

Back to another Wednesday blog, even though I just posted Sunday. I'm all about consistency, I mean, look at my track record if you don't believe me. Juuussstt kidding haha. And I'm also typing this, for once, not on my phone and on my actually computer if you can believe that. Look at me, improving. Even if it is short lived. I'm gonna try and do a Christmas song in the NP from now until Christmas, UNLESS a bop emerges and I'll have to break the streak. Also, shout out to my new phrase that was going to be the title of this blog "I'm not just a Pisces, I'm a nice-ces." But I saw this title on my Timehop today, and it made me laugh out loud, plus it fits the blog. And it's probably going to be the name of my autobiography haha. Here's a picture of it just because.


So right after the last blog, all hell broke loose. Literally work Monday morning was hell on Earth. Literally the rapture. Add to the fact that I didn't really sleep all that well the night before, I was over it. You can imagine how more over it I was when shit started to go down at work. Let me just get into it, because why the hell not? And also because this blog has to be about something, so it might as well be about this. Picture it, barely six thirty ante-meridian, and I'm walking into work, literally to put my lunch box in the break room (because this is what I do every morning) when I spot the store manager. My first instinct was to keep walking, and honestly, that's probably what I should have done in the first damn place, especially considering what happened. But then I thought about Destiny's birthday weekend, and how it's been denied (twice) by her, even after she emailed me back and said she didn't have a problem with me having it off but what the fuck ever, and I just felt like I needed to ask her once and for all if I was going to get it off or not because a bitch needs to know. I stopped by where she was and said, "Hey, I was just wondering, did you say I could have the 15th and 16th off? I wasn't sure since my time got denied again and just wanted to see what was happening." I didn't say it in a mean way or anything, mainly my tone was just genuine curiosity. And she snaps back with a "I told you I would think about it" which I call bullshit, because I literally have the screenshot of the email of her saying "I don't have a problem with the 15th" so ya rite. Then she goes on and I'll just convert this into a screenplay format because honestly, it felt like a tragic scene just living it.

Related image

MARY: I told you I would think about it, but not if you keep calling out

JUSTIN, the overworked, keeping his cool as much as possible Pisces, is shocked at her candor.

MARY: Why did you call out Sunday?

JUSTIN (a little annoyed): Well, for one thing, I don't have any availability on Sundays, I told you that.

MARY: Yeah, I remember what we talked about. You can't work any Sundays?

JUSTIN: No, but I told you when we talked that I can work Saturdays.

MARY (annoyed): Yeah, yeah, I remember what we talked about.

He wonders why, if she remembers so well, she doesn't remember telling him that the 15th wasn't an issue in the first damn place, but let's see how this continues.

MARY: But like I told you in the email, you're supposed to work one Saturday, work a Sunday, then work both, then have off both.

JUSTIN (getting angry because that's not what was agreed upon when he was hired by JENNY, his former assistant manager): RIGHT, but like I said, I can work Saturdays so...

MARY: Well, we're just gonna have to look into moving you to a different position to accommodate your availability because you're supposed to work weekends according to what I told you in the email.

JUSTIN: Well really, I'm supposed to only work one weekend a month, according to paperwork.

MARY (flustered at his damaging facts): No, it's not like that.

JUSTIN: Since when?

MARY: Since always, I can show you.

JUSTIN (calling bullshit): Yeah, please do, because I'd really like to see when that went to effect since I last signed my job offer.

MARY: We just need to find you a position that better suits your availability.

[scene]

And that, ladies and gents, is when your girl walked away, because I was about to go the fuck off, and I need this job. But I was so damn livid trying to get through just that little bit of the morning. Then they immediately had us running break packs from the back because apparently they care that there's freight all of the sudden, and I was hella annoyed because Mary was making it seem like I'm not doing my job correctly and that's why there's so much freight when in reality, it's because they haven't told me what the fuck to do, or have pulled me to do this and that instead of running freight. I'm clearly over it. Then, the new assistant over Apparel, let's call her Wanda. I think I know her name, but "Wanda" is definitely part of it, so let's just go with that. So then...

Related image

...after dealing with all this in the AM, I'm filling an endcap that Mary wanted filled, and it's taking a while, because I'm having to put holes on the product to make them hangable, we call them doits, so it's tedious. Well here comes Wanda and she's like "You sure have been standing in the same spot for a while." Here's a quick video on how I internally reacted.


Love me some Joseph Birdsong. His videos literally keep me calm and collected. But back to the Moansday, I was like, excuse me? And she repeated it and I said would you like for me to stop filling this endcap that your boss wants me to fill? Like WOW I just met you this morning, and this is how you're gonna be? Cool. It was just a really, really, shitty day. And I didn't have the added comfort of my boyfriend, I mean, I did, but he has rehearsals every day this week, so I was like daaaaamn this fucking day to hell, for real for real. The one good thing I will say about work is that today there's a sort of silver lining, up in the air but, still. So Monday, the shit day, I thought someone was moved to Domestics, which I really really wanted. But turns out, it's the new assistant over Domestics and Housewares, and I talked to her today, after talking to Shannon who's working both at the moment until they split it and find someone for Domestics, and she said she would see what could be done. So fingers crossed? But I'm literally not expecting anything, especially with what happened with Mary lingering about the bones of the store.

Okay, enough about work, let's talk about good things that have come out of the past few days. Allen and I are almost done with The Haunting of Hill House, and bitch. I can't tell you how much I love it. The characters, the writing, ugh, I just love it so much. It's still not all that scary, even though Episode 8 freaked us the fuck out before bed last night haha. I'm hoping we can finish Episode 9 when he gets home from rehearsal tonight. But yeah, hella good so I'm just gonna keep on dancing. Also, Stardew Valley just came out for iOS and, because I'm a slut for Stardew Valley, I bought it. Started a standard farm as a girl named February, because I'm still obsessed with that name since Destiny and I wanted Kylie Jenner to name her baby that, but alas, here we are. It's been fairly calming so far, just like he Switch version of Stardew Valley, so that's been really nice.

Yesterday, after Allen went to rehearsal, I did the majority of my Christmas shopping. Got the three main things I wanted to get him, plus the two things I wanted to get for Benzo. And I wrote last night, so that's good. I heard, from Tamara, my writer friend on Instagram, about this new writing program called Vellum? So I'm gonna check that out before I chill out while I wait for Allen to get home. Aside from Monday, the beginning of this week has been pretty chill. Tomorrow is Invited Dress Rehearsal for the show Allen's helping with, so his mom and I get to see that unfold tomorrow. Plus Friday, they're doing this grand illuminating for Richmond's Christmas, so that should be fun, I think it's at Kabana, which we stan. Other than that, I hope work gets a little easier, and maybe, just maybe, I can make Domestics happen as bad as Ariana is gonna make Thank U, Next happen all over again when this iconic music video drops.

Until next time,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment