Thursday, October 18, 2018

I Don’t Know Her

| Now Playing: Nostalgia by The Band Perry |

Nostalgia
Confuses the things I want, yeah
It’s like a broke piece of my armor
Hoping all the time, time, time, time
In time
I stopped it there in a dime
When I’m butchering you like a punch line
I do it all the time, time, time, time
My memories
They always get the best of me
Can I erase my history?
Go back in time, time, time

Nostalgia
Come back, I still want ya
I’ve been thinking about the whole thing
All the time, time, time, time
Nostalgia
I should pick up my phone and just stalk ya
It’s all just so confusing
All the time, time, time, time

Amnesia
Don’t forget I need ya
You’re my favorite creature
For all time, time, time

Nostalgia
I, I, I still want ya
I’ve been thinking about our own thing
All the time, time, time, time
Nostalgia
I should pick up my phone and just stalk ya
It’s all just so confusing
All the time, time, time, time
_________________________________________________

What a start to the week, I guess? So Thursday ended up being a truly frustrating day at work. Without getting into it too much, what happened was my assistant manager second guessed and disrespected me in front of my face, behind my back. But you know, it’s whatever. Friday is my last day at this store, and I can truly put the past two work months behind me. I’m so glad to be getting away from the place that’s treated me so poorly since I’ve arrived. I’m really hoping that the new store is a good fit and treats me a hell of a lot better. 

And then when I got off work? Well, everything was fine. We cooked dinner for everyone and that was great because who doesn’t love spaghetti? But then at around 8:30, with the crazy wind and rain from the latest tropical storm / hurricane named Michael, the power went out. And it didn’t look like it was coming back on anytime soon. So my boyfriend and I took our books downstairs to read and to be with everyone and we just hung out really, listening for the storm because they’d issued a tornado warning so we were being cautious. It didn’t come back in during the night, and I was left to get ready for my last day at this store by my phone’s flashlight haha.

I started reading a book this past week. Like, besides the fan fiction book I had printed, an actual book haha. The book is The Long Way Down by Craig Schaefer and so far, it’s really good. I’ve been hankering to read Harry Potter lately, but this has magic and mystiques well so, for the time being, it’s satisfying that craving. I need to start bringing it to work, just in case I get the urge to read, but so far I haven’t remembered. Speaking of work, my last day at my first store here in Richmond went well, went by pretty fast. The only bad thing that happened was this cat lady customer that just made it really really difficult, but whatever, IM FREE NOW. And it feels so good. I can’t tell you the amount of weight that’s been lifted off my lungs just for the simple fact of being out of that store. It’s so weird that the store’s energy is so depleting on a person, but it really is. Being at the new store is definitely not like that. 

Speaking of, my first day was Saturday and wow, what a difference. I came in and everyone was so nice and greeting me and welcoming, literally the exact opposite of what I experienced at the Bell Creek store and I’m just really glad to feel appreciated and welcomed by the people here at Brook Road so far. I didn’t do all that much Saturday in my opinion and honestly, they could have just let me have the day off, but it’s whatever. All I did was zone and try to memorize my area and where everything is now. But it was good, really good, and the vibes I get from this store are really good ones, so I think this is all going to work out in the end. 

After work though, we had a little bit of time before we headed to Ashland Berry Farm, where they were having a scare event sort of thing. They had four attractions, all pretty much spooky houses to walk through, that kind of thing. But of course, first we enjoyed the Beer Garden and even though it was slightly expensive, the beer was really good and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t even like beer. I forget the name of the brewery that was there, but they had this blueberry ale beer that was so damn good, I think I had three of just that kind. And it wasn’t just us, my boyfriend’s cousin and his cousin’s girlfriend were there with us, our second time hanging out with them again since Cooper’s Hawk, and it was a pretty good time. After drinking some, we decided to do this biggest attraction first, the woods. They lead you out on a hay ride and then drop you off in the woods. I honestly thought it was going to be more like, they dropped us off in the middle of the woods and that was it, we had to make our own way back or something truly messed up like that, but this was just like a lighted walk through a cornfield and then a series of houses that you go through that just happen to be in the middle of the woods. And don’t get me wrong, it was fun, but there were two things: One, I really had to pee, and I mean, really. And two, I didn’t jump or get scared not once. The real horror? Them not telling people that they need to crouch so that their heads don’t scrap the top of their constructed slopes in the houses. I ended up leading us at one point, I still don’t really know how that happened, but that was fine since I think I was the least effected by everything. The only thing that I was like oh this is scary about was the times where it was bitch black and you couldn’t see in front of you for anything. But all in all, it was a fun time. After the woods excursion, we went back to the Beer Garden, especially good timing too because they were about to announce last call and our tickets would have gone to waste and them shits were a hefty fee. After that, my boyfriend wanted to do this gyrosphere thing where they suit you into it and you spin around and around or whatever while his cousin and cousin’s girlfriend went to get food. Then we sat down and talked while they ate, I saw this girl wearing Taylor Swift rep merch, and then they decided to dip. We stayed to do at least one more attraction, that way, our money didn’t go to waste, and we did the Red Balloon Inn one, and it was alright, more slopes and things like that but hey, at least here I didn’t bump my head over and over again. Did I mention that I did all of this in rolled up sleeves and shorts? It was cooler that night, but I didn’t even start getting cold until the very end of the night. I was probably one of a handful of people who didn’t have a jacket and wore shorts. But I’m just a freak of nature like that. 

Sunday was a nice chill day. For whatever reason, I don’t remember that much of it. I know we watched movies, we started Wonder Woman, but stopped it to watch the reboot of Charmed and girl. It’s a fucking mess. The pacing was awful, the storylines are rushed as hell, and it’s just not good. I went into it with an open mind, and it just continually made me angrier and angrier. If you enjoy the original, perfect Charmed, don’t watch the reboot. I wish it was good too because of the more diverse cast and LGBT storyline, but the core of the story is just not executed well. Whaaaps. We also watched What Happened To Monday which, of course, I had already seen but it’s so good, I really wanted Allen to watch it. 

My next couple of days of work at the new store have gone really well. I’ve been introduced in both morning meetings on Monday and Tuesday. And I’m slowly getting into the swing of things at work. Still good vibes, still in good spirits, I’m just not sure exactly what I should be doing all the time. Honestly what I’ve been focusing on is the cleaning up of the mess that was given to me, so I haven’t done anything in the more technical and managerial side of things, but I’m sure that will come with time. Wednesday was my last working day before my scheduled day off, which apparently is going to be Thursdays now, and it was a good day, just busy. My plan was to do one thing and then management had me doing all this other crap, go figure. And then I finally pulled together all my Q&A stuff from people who watch my videos and my boyfriend and I filmed that after dinner, and then I didn’t post this blog because drinking happened and yuhp. BUT just a day late so better late than never.

He ended up staying home and playing hooky with me for the day, so we ended up changing our weekend plans to today plans. We went out for sushi because I’ve literally been bothering him so much about getting sushi and that was amazing as usual. And then we went to see A Star Is Born, and I’m conflicted. The music was incredible, and Lady Gaga was absolutely breathtaking in the movie. But the pacing was really weird. Like it would start a scene and then it would flip to another scene entirely and then flip again so it like never found its grounding but with certain moments in the beginning and then the last half of the movie. It was good, but unfortunately not as good as I was expecting for it to be. But the music sort of saves it, in a way. 

So now we have Saturday opened up plan wise, even though I’m working, and Friday we’re going to be doing some family pumpkin carving and I think the newly engaged Kelly and Andrew are going to be joining us, so that should be a hoot and a holler. Then next weekend, we have a Halloween party at his mom’s friends house and then the weekend after that, it’s back to Blacksburg and my neck of the woods for another Halloween party and to see everyone back there. So our social calendar is booked haha. I’m looking forward though to some chill times this weekend. Maybe we can keep watching Mystery Incorporated and almost finish it. Oh, and the title of this blog comes from this damn video I saw the other day haha. I think it’s from the game Tomadachi Life where you have Miis or wherever and they can sing. I don’t know, they ended up being vines or whatever. But someone made a song called I Don’t Know Her and it’s Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj singing together and we keep talking about it and singing it non-stop so look it up if you want to be ruined haha. Also, bitch, the song in the NP is a fucking bop and I’ve been OBSESSED. The Band Perry is taking the Taylor route by leaving country behind and saying hello to dark pop and I am in full damn support. 

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment