Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Fred & Daphne Solve A Mystery

| Now Playing: Breathin by Ariana Grande |

Some days
Things just take
Way too much of my energy
I look up and the whole room spinning
You take
My cares away
I can so over complicate
People tell me to medicate

Feel my blood running
Swear the sky’s falling
How do I know if this shit’s fabricated?
Time goes by and I
Can’t control my mind
Don’t know what else to try
But you tell me every time

Just keep
Breathin and breathin and breathin and breathin
And oh I gotta keep
Keep on breathin
Just keep
Breathin and breathin and breathin and breathin
And oh I gotta keep
Keep on breathin
_________________________________________________

What a fairly eventful week it’s been since the last blog. I’m pleased to say that I’ve FINALLY listened to Ariana’s new album and while the song in the NP is the absolute clear stand out, the rest of the album, to me, is just kinda meh? I’m super bummed about it, but I sort of expected it. When Dangerous Woman came out, I was floored because it was the album I had been waiting for from here and it delivered so hard, and I was worried about the follow up not being as strong for me. And alas, here we are. But breathin is a damn gem, and I’ve been singing it a lot the past couple days. Along with The Greatest Show from Greatest Showman because we finally finished the movie all the way through this past week, and fuck, those last thirty seconds UGH. So damn good. 

My boyfriend and I have been on this kick lately where we just end up watching movies either we haven’t seen or one of us hasn’t seen and it’s been really relaxing. We both finally got to see A Wrinkle In Time and, despite the amazing cast, and our massive desire to adopt the little boy playing Charles Wallace, the movie was kind of a let down. Not because the subject matter or acting was bad, just I feel like everything wasn’t really explained well enough, so it kind of didn’t have any sort of pay off in the end because it’s like... okay sure, happy ending, but I’m still stuck on how all of this even happened. It’s just messy and I wanted so bad to love it but it’s a miss from me. Sorry Disney. We also watched Coraline, which I had never seen before, and that was actually really good. Again, sort of curious as to the whole explaining part of things, but it was at least better, in my opinion, than A Wrinkle In Time. 

And because earlier in the week I had agreed to stay after just a little bit in exchange for having my schedule changed, I got both days of the weekend off, which was such a wonderful blessing, especially considering the fact that I start at my new store this coming Saturday, so it was nice to have this one weekend free of work commitments. So after getting to sleep in Saturday morning, we got up, had some Chick Fil A (which I’ll admit is so damn good despite some of the company’s moral standings) and then we finished the final touches on the painting of our shoes that we had started Friday night. Our shoes actually ended up amazing, and it was super exciting to see the spray paint plan actually work in our favor.  Here’s a picture of us as Daphne and Fred!

Then we get to the party. Of course, we get their first like the punctual gays that we are, and Chelsea starts explaining a game that we’re all gonna participate in that will win a prize just like the best costume prize. She gave us, and the guests who came after us, two necklaces, and there were three words we couldn’t say throughout the night: costume, shots, and party. And if anyone catches anyone saying one of these three words, you can call them out on it and steal one of their necklaces. Person with the most necklaces at the end of the night wins a prize. It was actually a really fun game, and a lot harder than everyone thought it would be. But we started with some Jell-O shots that Chelsea had made and started drinking and catching up and everything. And then everyone started to arrive. We got to meet some of Chelsea’s other friends, and all of them were pretty chill and fun. 

One of them, Krista, had this game on her phone called Picolo which was basically like a phone based version of Kings, so we played that and it was actually a ton of fun, highly recommend. Anyway, everyone’s getting to know each other and we’re all having a good time. Then it comes to voting for best costume, and we lost by one point! And even though the person who won definitely had a great outfit, it was store bought, just saying, but I’m not bitter or anything...

People started to leave around 1 or so, and we were still playing Picolo because everyone was enjoying it so much, people are feeling lit. Then things took a turn for the worst when one of Chelsea’s friends got a little too drunk and insisted on driving himself home. Well no one there wanted him to hurt himself or anyone else so we told him to get an Uber and everything went downhill from there. To make a long story short, the cops were called and I think his parents came too and he ended up getting home alright. It was a really weird and hostile situation, just because he was so belligerent, but it was weirdly bonding I guess between the ones who stayed back to make sure everything worked out alright. The only downside to this was by the time we got home, it was 6am. As in the sun was on its way up. And we had to brush out the hair color from our hair, and take showers to get it all out, so we were up until almost 8am, and it was a lot. But we at least got a few hours of sleep, woke up around 2, and we both had headaches. Luckily the entire day was pretty much a recovery day. We had plans to go see A Star Is Born, but we were just too worse for the wear, and there wasn’t enough time in the day for us to really go. But hopefully we can see it soon because I really want to see it. 

Then work started back up and ugh. At least I did get confirmation officially that I’m starting at the other store Saturday no matter what, so I’ve been totally looking forward to that, but this work week has been so aggravating. I’m so tired of being tethered to the register, of being the person that does the most work (my department manager said this to me, so I’m not just hyping myself up, just saying) and I’m just sick of the people to be honest. There’s literally not a single person back there that doesn’t get in my nerves a little bit. Maybe that says more about me than them, but I digress. Why can’t they all be like the only pseudo friend I have here and be named Crystal? I haven’t seen much of her lately, but I did see her Monday I think and told her I was leaving. I need to try and track her down to exchange numbers or something because she’s good people. 

On to more happier things, my boyfriend is finally getting a new car officially, so bye bye rental car and honestly, I’m gonna miss that red Murango. But he’s getting a red version of his car that they totaled, so that’ll be great when he gets it Saturday. And speaking of happier things, Taylor Swift opened the AMAs last night and bitch. I am shook. It was so fucking good, I did a reaction to it, and bitch annihilated everyone. Not only did she speak out about voting, and how she voted (#MikeHuckabeeIsOverParty) but she transcended the Heavens with last nights performance. And she became the most awarded artist in AMA history after her four wins last night, so bye Kanye, you’re cancelled. 

I haven’t been sleeping that great, and he hasn’t been feeling that well, so the plan for the rest of the week is to just chill and wait until the weekend really. Riverdale comes back on tonight and I’m super excited. PLUS, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend comes back on Friday, so we’re booked this week for TV. Here’s to relaxing. Oh, I don’t know if I mentioned it or not, but the first place that I sent my book to passed on it. Whaaaps. 

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment