Saturday, February 9, 2019

Spicy Cold

| Now Playing: Needy by Ariana Grande |

Sorry if I'm up and down a lot
Sorry that I think I'm not enough
And sorry if I say sorry way too much
You can go ahead and call me selfish
But after all this damage, I can’t help it
But what you can trust is I need your touch

I’ma scream and shout for what I love
Passionate, but I don't give no fucks
I admit that I’m a lil' messed up
But I can hide it when I'm all dressed up
I'm obsessive and I love too hard
Good at overthinking with my heart
How you even think it got this far, this far?

And I can be needy
Way too damn needy
I can be needy
Tell me how good it feels to be needed
I can be needy
So hard to please me
I know it feels so good to be needed
________________________________________________________

Coming into work Monday, especially after having the entire weekend off (only because I called out), was interesting. It was a weird start to the week, because I thought I was in major trouble. We had a morning meeting at work, saying that as of Saturday, aka the day I called out, our point system for calling out was changing. Before this remedy, we were allowed to have up to 8 points in a six month rolling period. Now, that’s been diminished to 5. It may not seem like a big different, but it is. And considering I was at 4 points BEFORE I called out on Saturday, I was worried. However, the one silver lining through this endeavor was that all of our points before Saturday have been scrubbed, so at least I can rest easy knowing that we get to start with a clean state. Worries again arose when they told us that if you called out on a Friday or Saturday that you would be given 2 points instead of just 1. Well that caused a frenzy, and Tuesday they told us that they were wrong, and it’s actually still just 1 point. Thank God. The only days that I ever have called out have been in Saturdays when I just need a damn break. Working every single weekend, when I know that I’m only SUPPOSED to work one a month, is getting to be really taxing. That being said, work hasn’t been too awful. I’ve been coming into more freight than usual, the usual being none, but it hasn’t surpassed two pallets, so it’s been manageable, especially since I have an associate with me semi-regularly. Oh, and we have a new store manager, Tonya, who’s leaving Ashland and coming to us. So far, she seems like she’ll be good and easy to work with, but we shall honestly see. 

But after work Monday was a pretty good day haha. We still have been dealing with having no internet, but we found out that I can use my hotspot from my phone FOR FREE. I looked it up and it’s apparently a perk of having unlimited data with Verizon. I get slotted a certain amount of GBs just for hotspot that doesn’t even account for my regular data. It’s pretty awesome. Plus, I found out I can cancel paying for Apple Music, and I can get it FOR FREE from Verizon, yet another perk of having unlimited data. And considering that’s going to save me $100 a year, I’m all fucking for it. But anyway, my phone’s hotspot is fast as hell. After going through the lengthy process of downloading the base game of Sims 4, it downloaded all my packs in record time, it was honestly insane. Then Allen and I got to play Smash online for the first time in forever, which was something I realized I missed haha. We still played Smash, but there’s just something about beating an actual person at the game that just feels better haha. Also it’s this little thing that Allen and I get to do together that we both enjoy and it’s just a fun way to spend time together. 

Then, I found out that night about this really cool contest that James River Writers, the same non-profit that’s hosting the Writers Wednesday on the 13th, is having. It’s basically a contest for best self-published novel, and the winner gets featured in Richmond’s magazine and a cash prize of $500 dollars. So you bet your sweet ass I’m entering that contest. Honestly, more so because, even though the money would be awesome as hell, I want the exposure more than anything, because that’s what’s going to help me in the long run. The more people that know about my book / writing, the happier I’ll be professionally.

Tuesday, the internet started randomly working again after we got off work. This is after we scheduled someone to come out and look (they never showed up, but that’s a different story) but at least it’s working again? I was going to work through the week, aka work Wednesday (my scheduled day off) to make up for the fact that I called out Saturday, but after not sleeping for a few nights in a row, I needed the break, so I ended up keeping Wednesday off. I didn’t do much, just kind of relaxed even though the day wasn’t really relaxing? I kept trying to figure out how to make a Sims 4 let’s play, aka trying to find free recording equipment that was halfway decent, but I couldn’t really find anything. I finally played some Splatoon 2 again, motivated by catching up on Joseph Birdsong’s livestreams. And once Allen came home, I got my tax money! The plan is to pool it all into savings so we can get a place. I called a bunch of places and narrowed it down between two. Now it’s just trying to get a tour that’s on the agenda.

Allen and I did our yoga and pilates when we got home Thursday, followed by meditation, which I really need to do more of. Every time we do, I feel like I really need to do it more often, and I really want to stick with that. So hopefully we’ll be doing more of that. YO Grey’s Anatomy this past week got me fucked up, for real. Just ask Allen, I was absolutely losing it duding this week’s episode, and I looked like hell when it was over. I don’t know, it was just really intense crying. Also, I didn’t sleep well the night before (but I did some super later night writing so I guess that’s a pro) so maybe that influenced it? But really the episode was just super intense and super emotional. Love it. And while Murder is still good, I really wish it was ending this season. It would just be the perfect opportunity for the show to be perfectly wrapped up, but I think it’s going to continue.

Yesterday after work, Allen said he had a surprise for me. So we got into the car, and I had absolutely no idea where he was taking me haha. Eventually we arrived at the surprise, which was Richmond Wine Station. Neither of us has been before, and even though it was sort of a lot at first, it was pretty cool. There’s basically these vats of different wines and you can pour a certain amount and try all the wines. And it works sort of the like the arcade bar that we went to, where you load up a card and swipe the card at each station of wine and pour to your convenience. And then Katie joined us and we all had a good time. Plus, when we were looking for a place to eat afterwards, Katie said she knew of a really good Mexican place and bitch. I haven’t had really good Mexican food since leaving Salem. And this was so damn good. It was literally what I’ve been craving since I haven’t had the staple Alejandro’s in my life, so it was perfect. And aside from a little car trouble on the way home (literally his car had the vehicle equivalent of a hiccup, going out and not being able to accelerate or steer, it was weird), it was a pretty great evening. 

Work has been weird today. First of all, the computer system at work wasn’t working for the majority of the morning. And then, I couldn’t get my handheld because the lockers were locked out or something and it wouldn’t let anyone in. So I’ve basically gone all day without having access to the things that allow me to do my job faster, but also the things that allow me to do my job pretty much at all. But thankfully, the work day is almost over, and I can go home, watch Friday nights shows that we missed while enjoying the surprise, and gear up for my last full week of work before vacation! I’m so fucking excited, I wish I could truly express it. Honestly, I’m just ready to relax. 

The title of this blog is in reference to the old front, then heat wave this week, followed by the cold front again. Literary can’t decide between spicy and cold. That and Allen has been singing the When Did The Spiciness Begin song again, and it was just fitting. AND YO ARIANA DID THAT. Her latest album, thank u next, finally come out Friday and it has thoroughly exceeded my expectations. I drove all the way to Target on lunch yesterday just so I could react to it since work didn’t have it, and it was well worth it. I’m working on editing the video now, but it should be out soon. I’m just glad to have a true follow-up to Dangerous Woman because Sweetener wasn’t it. Also, the song Needy has me real messed up. That and Ghostin are my faves so far, but yeah, check it out. 

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment