Saturday, January 5, 2019

2K19

| Now Playing: Precious Metals by Lorde |

The Chanel, the Dior, and the Prada
Take it home, make a fire in the garden
Sundance kids, so godless
One day it’s gonna be not like this
Black sand on all our beaches
Witchcraft, split lip and a bee sting
But what I really wanna know is

Do I look like a fool?
‘Cause I must be a fool
To hold on to precious metals like I do
I do
To hold on to precious metals like I do
I do

The Chanel, the Dior, and the Prada
Give my best to the ones that are bothered
Take a flight trip to Jakarta
All the kids at the shows make it louder
All of the feelings and all of the tears are going
All of the secrets and all of the schemes that don’t go my way
I wish you would come back
Didn’t wanna run back
Come back, bet you wanna come back
And I’ll find you

Do I look like a fool?
‘Cause I must be a fool
To hold on to precious metals like I do
I do
To hold on to precious metals like I do
I do
_______________________________________________________

Well, here we are, the first week of 2019 is over. I guess I’m still trying to process the end of 2018, really. There’s just so many things I want to accomplish in 2019, and for some reason there’s this different energy to the start of the year that I’ve never really felt before as the new year happened? I don’t know exactly what it is, but I know that it feels hopeful and good, so I’m rolling with it and hoping to harness that same kind of energy throughout the year in any and every advantage I possibly can. 

Speaking of New Years, we had an awesome time celebrating the start of the year after I got off work after the last blog. Later in the night, people started to come over and it was an amazing night. We drank and sat around playing Picolo and just talking about our hopes and aspirations for 2019, and it was just really enjoyable company. Of course, we ended staying up hella late after ringing in the new year, but hey, that’s just what you do. 



Work lately has me suspicion. It’s been fairly laid back as the year has started, and it sort of has me nervous. I’m not really sure if work is truly getting better or if people are just leaving me alone to work, so I’m sort of on edge like in the back of my mind, but also it feels really nice and I’ve felt like I’ve gotten a lot of work done? I’m still trying to do what I said I was going to do and get on at Barnes & Noble, I’m just sort of waiting for some more time to pass at the start of the year before I call them and badger them about opening up more stable positions that aren’t labeled as seasonal and temporary. I just wish I could get on there and retain the amount that I make here, because literally it would be perfect, which I know life isn’t sometimes, but it would be a great turn and a great start to 2019.

I’ve gotten a little bit of writing done lately, but as always, not nearly as much as I would like to. Some things, like playing obscene amounts of Smash and watching the sixth and seventh: part one movies of Harry Potter, take precedent. But really, I just haven’t felt like I’ve had a lot of time to republish my first book just yet, and I’m still toying with the whole Patreon idea. I did, however, send out another query letter on Monday. And, not that this has much to do with writing, but I’ve been doing my Pilates every day immediately after work, so clearly I’m doing some things right at the start of 2019. 

Our social calendar is fairly active lately. We went to the cast party last night for the show that my boyfriend worked on, and it was a pretty good time. West is coming up Sunday, so we’ll be able to see him for at least a little bit. Plus everything that happened New Years. Forever the busy bees 🐝

Hopefully, this work trend continues and is a good thing and not some ominous bomb ready to sound off, and I’m really looking forward to the couples massage we have coming up just before our one year anniversary. It’s crazy, it feels like it’s been ten years but at the same time, it feels like it’s been just a few months. It just feels like we’ve had decades worth of adventures together, and I’m super thankful for that, as well as for that to continue. Oh! The playbills from Once On This Island FINALLY got to the house the other day. I’m just glad they weren’t lost forever because I was so excited about getting him that present. Praise USPS. 

And even though the song in the NP is unreleased EVEN THOUGH ITS FIRE AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON MELODRAMA BUT WHATEVER, it’s been stuck in my head a lot lately. 

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment