Sunday, January 13, 2019

When Did The Spiciness Begin?

| Now Playing: Where’s Rebecca Bunch? by The Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Cast |

I’m really digging the energy that 2019 is giving off so far. Like this has been a pretty good week, and the energy involving work life is improving and possibly changing, and writing energy has been amazing to exert and I don’t know. I’m just in a really good mood. 

As I said, work might be changing. STLB, I finally got to bring up to the store manager that not only was I interested in Toys, but also that I used to run Toys back in Salem for over a year. And then she did this rough draft version of a pop quiz about the department and apparently I impressed her, because she was outwardly cheerleading her praise after I answered her questions. I’m really hopeful, but I can’t help but feel this nagging, pesky part of my brain that’s like “THIS ISN’T WHAT YOU WANT TO DO! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WRITING AT ALL”. Despite said inner monologue, I’m still really excited about the possibilities. Toys is something super familiar, and I think shifting to that department might be just the familiarity I need, just the comfort to set me right as far as my work environment goes. At least until I can satiate that inner voice within me and end up doing something more geared toward what I want to do.

Sunday I got to sleep in, and Lord was it needed. Last week was just super taxing so getting to sleep in was a true gift. But we eventually had to leave bed and start getting ready because we were meeting West for brunch / lunch on his way back to Blacksburg. Considering they didn’t serve lunch until THREE PM (Seriously, isn’t that a little late for lunch to start?), Kitchen 64 was pretty good, and it was fun catching up with West. We headed to the brewery of the place that was showcased at the haunted farm we went too near Halloween and then we headed home.

We’ve been on this kick lately where we’ve sort of gotten into a nightly routine haha. We watch the Mexican reality show that we’ve become obsessed with, Made In Mexico, followed by the Netflix original, Friends From College, which I still don’t know how I feel about, and then we’ll play Smash. It’s been really nice and enjoyable lately. It’s been nice to have this sort of relaxing routine to fall back on, and I just really have enjoyed it. Also one night, he started playing videos of songs from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and thus the listening to them has rapidly increased, and also why one of the songs is in the NP, because it’s probably my favorite of all of the music the show has come out with.

Thursday, my day off, was wonderful. I got up, started laundry, and the only other thing on my agenda for the day was writing. And writing I did. While one of my favorite seasons of The Simpsons played in the background (Season 9), I wrote all day long. And it just felt so good. It felt great to watch the Simpsons again because I haven’t really watched it since moving, and who knows how long before that, and being able to get a huge chunk of writing done, it just feels absolutely incredible. That’s why I’m going to keep pushing to try and get on at Barnes & Noble or Books-A-Million. Books and stories are just something I love so much and am truly passionate about. I just wish they would give me a chance. But alas, getting ten pages done left me feeling super accomplished. 

The title of this blog comes from this video of some weird ass song that my boyfriend and I have been into lately. It’s some peppermint thing, I don’t know, it’s just hilarious.

I had a phone interview with Nestle but we missed each other so I guess that’s a busy? Maybe it’s for the best because it’s looking like I’m moving to Toys anyway. Which I’m super excited about. I didn’t realize how much I missed Toys until I was doing it Friday. Ugh, it’s just so nice to have something familiar to rely on. 

Allen and I just got back from massages, and it was my first time, and it was incredible. What shocked me more than anything was the hand massage. I guess because when I write I use my hands so much, it was just an awesome experience. Now, after leaving Peking, the plan is to watch the Scooby Doo episode of Supernatural (Because I was too sauced to pay attention to it last night after watching Golden Girls and Scooby Doo and the Witch’s Ghost), watch It’s Complicated, and then Oliver’s Company! Which haven’t seen in years and he’s never seen, so that’ll be an experience.  Our one year is tomorrow, and I’m looking forward to enjoying that!

Until next time,


— Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment