Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Roanoke > Richmond

| Now Playing: Prisoner by Jeffree Star |

I got no regrets
And I remember the day that we met
There was no way that I could forget you
So I followed you home
And I waited 'till you were alone
And I crept
Into your room while you slept
I laid next to you and I knew
That I could never let you go

I know this seems so wrong
But I'm just a love sick criminal

You can arrest me baby I don't wanna leave
Lock me up, throw away the key
I don't care if I'm in trouble deep
I'm addicted to your love
I'll be your prisoner
I'lll be your prisoner tonight
I'm under your spell
And I just can't get enough
_______________________________________________

What a week it's been! First of all, shout out to me for putting out a blog in a little over a week and actually having a song to feature! Ever since Shane Dawson has started his Jeffree Star series on YouTube. I've rekindled my love for Jeffree's music and this song has been in my fucking head day in and day out. Literally, it has not left, so naturally, the NP is where it goes on to live forever.

After my last blog, it's been interesting. So I heard back from the store I had that interview at, and they offered me a completely different position than what I applied for, saying that they didn't have anything else. So what that told me was that they were showing massive favoritism to the other girl that was being considered for the position and was basically giving me to the wind. I was pretty bummed, but a bitch is determined, so I was messaging and calling other stores. Petersburg had a position but it went away after one day, so that fell through. Then Friday I emailed, through the help of my store manager, another store in Henrico about possibly transferring. No sooner had I sent the email, I got a call from the store I interviewed at, and they offered me the position I interviewed for. I know, it's literally insane, especially after they basically passed me over for the job. But they basically said that they couldn't pass up having me there.

So that's when the panic set in. Because they want me to start on August 18th. As in two weeks exactly from the Friday that they offered me the position. So instantly I had to call my boyfriend and let him know since I'll be rooming with him until I can find my own affordable place down there. Everything's sort of been a blur since then, because it's been so crazy.

I did some writing over the weekend, so that's always a plus. I'm a little on the fence about just how I'm going to be able to do said writing over the time I'm looking for my own place in Richmond, but I know that this is what's best for me. Like everyone keeps saying, I really do think I'm going to have more flourishing opportunities in Richmond, especially in regards to my writing. I just know that this is going to be a much better place for me to be than here right now. Everyone seems to be happy for me, and I really think this is a move in the right direction. 

The start to the work week has been frustrating, because I have a massive reset in my department, literally everything is changing, but basically mod team isn't being made to do no mod items, and I had to spend all day Tuesday cleaning that up. But anyway, then some shit happened with my mom Tuesday. I have both her and my brother texting me about how bad things are, and my mom is asking me for money. Again. I get it, she's reaching out for help and everything, but it still feels like she mainly responds to my texts and actually carries a conversation with me when she wants / needs money. I cried, and had a little time with that, but thank God for both my boyfriend and my best friend. Having them in my life makes me feel sane about the situation. That was last night, and I'm just so thankful to have both of them in my life.

Today's been a really good day, even if it did start out annoying by my grandparents shit talking about how late I slept, but whatever. The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct was this morning, so I watched that an saw the couple new characters, and the fact that 100+ stages are gonna be playable. I'm so fucking ready for this game to come out. I need to take my Kirby Star Allies game and try to trade it in because I'm so fucking over it, but ya know. Honestly, I haven't been playing anything but Stardew Valley lately anyway, because I fucking love it to Pluto and back.

Then after getting ready, as determined by our FaceTime last night, Benzo and I got together. We met up at Ross and I got this super cute button up that's dark blue but with color specs all over it, super fucking cute. Then we ate at Macado's, which was perfect because it's Wednesday and all the Mexican food was discounted. Then we headed over to Burlington, where I found a super cute shirt and a shaver and some pore cleanser, but before that, I was fat shamed!

So I'm perusing the button ups, and I have like four shirts that I think will fit and are cute, and this woman a rack behind me is like starting to talk and I realize that she's talking to me. So I turn around and she says it again now that she has my attention, and she's like "They have clothes for YOU here!?" and I'm like is she really saying this and she says it again and I just laugh nervously because I honestly can't believe she's saying this to me and then she says "They must have a 3X double XL" and I'm absolutely mortified that this woman is saying this to me. Then she proceeds to show me some sweatpants that would be way too big for me and she's like "yeah that's probably not your style though"and meanwhile I'm laughing this off, making this seem like it's some innocent exchange because I'm so enraged and embarrassed that it's happening. She's lucky she told this to 2018 Justin and not 2016 or even most of 2017 Justin, because they would have been completely destroyed by what she said, begging Benzo to leave the store, and just feeling like a worthless piece of shit. But 2018 Justin is doing better than he ever was and while yeah, it pissed me off, I know that I'm an incredible person enough to know that that exchange was way more a reflection on her than me. But anyway. We left Burlington and headed home! I'm not feeling work tomorrow, but gotta pay these bills haha.

I'm gonna finish watching Big Brother 20, and relax for the rest of the night.

Until next time, byeeeee!

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment