Monday, August 27, 2018

Hoopin’

| Now Playing: Never Let Me Go by TEFFLER |

Your lips were made for mine
I want you to come closer
Your love was meant for me
I couldn’t find no better
I might not ever find
Someone like you I’m forever
We’re running out of time
I want you to come over

All we gotta do baby
All we gotta do is
All we gotta do is touch
All we gotta do baby
All we gotta do is
All we gotta do is touch
All we gotta do baby
All we gotta do is
All we gotta do is touch
All we gotta do baby
All we gotta do is
All we gotta do is touch

So pull me a little closer
Hold me, roll me like a coaster
And say, say you’ll never let me go
So pull me a little closer
Baby, I wanna get to know you
And say, say you’ll never let me go
________________________________________________

Here we are, Book Two of my life haha. I don’t really know where to start. It’s been a fucking whirlwind ever since I finished the last blog. Let’s start with my last day of work in Salem.

It went fairly smoothe. I wasn’t really trying to do a whole lot anyways, but I still had leftover  no mod from my reset to deal with, so I really just dealt with that all day. They gave me a card and a cake during the morning meeting, it was really sweet. I’ll insert a picture of my cake if blogger mobile will let me haha. And it didn’t so there’s that haha. But it was really sweet, all blue roses and everything. I spent most of the day with Destiny because of course. Riding down after work wasn’t bad at all. I had a brief moment where I was sad but it was because I was thinking about leaving Destiny and Benzo behind, but neither of us are gone, just relocated, so it’s not that big of a deal

We got everything here inside fairly quickly, mainly because I don’t really have a lot of stuff to begin with. My clothes are in the spare room, my boyfriend and I are in his room, and it’s been really wonderful being here together and everything. We’ve done so much I feel like, it’s hard to remember everything haha. We of course relaxed for the most part until I started work Saturday.

And I felt really defeated. I still feel sort of defeated in a sense just because they’re treating me like garbage. It’s as if they’re completely skipping over the fact that I’m new to grocery, despite being trained on OGP, and they expect for me to just know how things work. And don’t even get me started on the schedule. Because there isn’t one. I have no set days off, no set shifts, and it’s been really fucking with me. I ended up telling them that I was having some family issues and it was restricting my schedule because while the job isn’t bad, and I don’t actually mind closing as far as what it entails, I just hate the mindset it puts me in. I feel like I don’t have time to do anything, I feel like it’s just really hard to plan stuff I or we want to do around here around my schedule and that aspect of it is just not working for me. The job itself is good, I enjoy doing it. But between my assistant manager treating me like garbage and my fellow DM giving me grief, it’s just not a good environment. I even spoke with the store manager, and she basically was saying that OGP probably isn’t the best fit for me and that I should look into going to another store. And Julie, fucking Julie, in personnel has been giving me daggers if attitude as well and it’s like damn, can’t y’all work with me, or even just treat me like a basic human being. I guess that’s what it boils down to, respect. I’m not feeling any sort of respect or concern, and that’s where I have the problem.

My boyfriend’s been the best. He’s taken my mind off of the onslaught of work stress, given me advice when I really needed it, and I just can’t express just how much I love him. Being here with him, having him here by my side, it’s the most real thing I’ve ever felt, and I just can’t get over how fortunate and grateful I am. Whether it’s going to a rooftop bar downtown with Careese, or hanging out with his mom’s work friends, or today, enjoying the day together by going to Belle Isle and swimming and then relaxing at a hookah bar, seeing his smile every day makes everything make sense.

All in all, it’s been really great being here in Richmond. I love the area and it’s subsequent surrounding areas. The fact that we can go out into the wilderness and nature at a place like Belle Isle and be able to see the city skyline from it is something that I’ve always craved. I’m really hoping either work gets better and they work with me, or another amazing opportunity comes along because I think I’m going to be around Richmond for a while.

Enjoying the sequel,

—Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment