Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Ily2

| Now Playing: I Love You Like That by Dagny |

You hate that I usually don't open up,
I know when I say it, doesn't say enough,
With you close I'm the happiest I ever was.
I tend to avoid getting emotional,
I'm not shutting you out, it's just the way I'm born,
But I see myself next to you until we're old.

You know how they say you got the real thing,
When nothing else matters,
I love you like that,
I love you like that,
I love you like that,
I love you, I love you,
I love you like that.
All I wanna say is I got the real thing,
And nothing else matters,
I love you like that,
I love you like that,
I love you like that,
I love you, I love you,
I love you like that.
__________________________________________________________

Here's a semi-regular update, I guess? I've just been so busy and bumping lately that I really haven't even had time to sit down and relax. But it's been enjoyable for the most part, and by most part, I mean while not working haha. So let me just revel in this weekend because it was amazing.

Friday after work, and after the rough aversion of this work week, I needed some relaxation. This came in the form of the bottle of Riesling I bought and was fully prepared to take part in when my boyfriend messaged me and asked if I wanted to come with him and two girls he works with out in Blacksburg. And since I wanted to drink anyway, it just totally worked out haha. So I got ready and all that jazz and soon enough I was up there. Allen said we had to go pick up Kelly, and that Lisette would meet us there because she was on a first date...and that she was bringing him along. I don’t know, I just think that’s a weird end to a first date but hey, that’s just me.

So they wanted to go to Sharkey’s but that was hella busy and Allen was trying to convince them to go to the Park, which would have been really fun, but that didn’t happen. By chance we ended up going to Tots, which I just really don’t like based on my last experience there when I was still working at the liquor store, but Allen and I were pretty much silently out voted at this point so we decided we would give it a try. And it was fine I guess, just really loud and annoying and everything else that I remember from my first time being there. But after about maybe twenty minutes or so they were talking about just going back to Lisette’s place and hanging out so we did that.

We played like some watered down version of Headbands I think is what it’s called? So that was fun but Kelly was knocked out shortly after that, and the rest of us stayed up and did this like truth or dare thing which ended with Allen stripping down to his underwear and running down the stairs and out of Lisette’s apartment building haha. It was a fun time. But we felt sort of bad for Logan, Lisette’s date because it seemed like maybe they weren’t hitting it off so that sort of sucked. But overall and as a group we had a good time.

I had to work Saturday, but I stayed over with Allen, and let me tell ya, I was in a state. I hadn’t eaten since lunch that Friday, and I drank a lot, so waking up Saturday morning was a chore. Honestly I was afraid the entire time I was driving down to get to work that I was going to throw up so I kept slamming my driver window down in case I had to hurl out the window. Yeah. It was that bad. Now I have previously stated that I don’t get hangovers. I should probably amend this with “I don’t get hangovers IF I eat something while I’m drinking”. Work was work but it was after work that was the true champion of this particular day.

So he had been texting me these ridiculous things throughout the morning, like he was arguing with his friend about liking mayonnaise and roundabout asking me what my favorite sandwich was, and I was like what in the world is going in here in this day haha. So after I answered, and when I get off he was like let me know when you're close to getting here, which he normally never does so I'm like something is up and I have no idea what haha. So I get to his apartment and he's like we're going somewhere special for dinner, as I'm wearing shorts and a Scooby-Doo t-shirt after getting out of the shower and I'm like am I even dressed appropriately for this? He said I was fine but I was colored intrigued.

We started heading out of the area he lives in, which includes this park that you have to pass, and right before we pass it, he whips the car into a parking spot at the park and he's like we're here and I'm like...what? And he smiles and says we're gonna have a picnic and y'all, my heart melted. Like fucking butter sitting next to the furnace. No one has ever done anything like for me. So we get out of the car and he's already packed the car with everything we need. I see a cooler and it hits me. "This is what all those texts about mayonnaise we're about, aren't they?" He said yes, and I melted a little more haha. We had sandwiches and pasta salad and grapes and even sparkling cider (because thankfully he thought I wasn't up for drinking after the night before haha) and it was just really romantic. So after we eat, we're laying there and everything and he's like "You know, it's funny how every time we get together, we drink, and we keep saying how we almost say it." He was talking about the L word, and he's right, we do always say that haha. I almost said it the night before when we were at Tots. "But I'm not drunk now, and I love you." I smiled brightly and said that I love him too, which is all the more serendipitous because I was thinking about it a couple days before about how I loved him and it's just all wrapped up so perfectly. Did I mention that this day also marked three months of us officially dating? Yeah, like I said, it was wrapped up perfectly and just so amazing. I told them at Lisette's that I didn't feel like I'd ever really been in love, so to have Saturday shatter all those feelings away, I couldn't be happier.

We headed back home after a while, we lounged out in the perfect weather at the park for a good while. We watched Moana, which was incredible, and then I think we started watching some Buffy but I was so tired, I couldn't hang haha. After only getting three hours of sleep and still being drunk, I needed to go to bed. The next morning, we had planned on going to Pride, but the weather was against us and neither of us wanted to make the drive all the way down there just to have shitty weather dampen our time. So he suggested we go see Tomb Raider, another reason to fall in love with him haha, so we were gonna do that. But before we did, we were gonna grab some food. We settled on Sake House, but we had some time to kill before we had to leave because the movie wasn’t until 4. So somehow we started watching Golden Girls, which I’ve never even seen a full episode of. I know, I’m a bad gay. But I was laughing my ass off, I loved it. I ended up buying the first season through Apple TV so I can get into it because it had such replayability and it’s so fucking funny haha.

We went to Sake House, it was good but who doesn’t serve lunch on Sunday’s? Dumb. So it was a little price-ier than we were hoping and wanting but it ended up fine. So then we waited in his car for a little bit, he showed me some Wicked songs that I hadn’t heard. And then there was a moment where I said I love you again because we hadn’t said it since the park and I didn’t want it to be weird that we had finally said it and then we hadn’t said it since so I kissed him and told him and of course he said it back and it was a cute moment with the rain drizzling down. Ugh, I can’t.

Then we headed into Cinebowl to watch the movie. This guy at the concessions basically accused Allen’s ID of being fake, which obviously it isn’t, so that was annoying as hell. But the movie was great! I was so happy with how they transformed the reboot game into the movie, and better in my opinion, I’m so hoping for a sequel. I need it as bad as a Power Rangers sequel though, and that’s not looking so hot, so we’ll see haha. Then we were gonna go back to his place and watch some musicals, hence why we were listening to musicals in the car earlier, but we was like what if we bowled? He invited West and our plans were made. He used to be on a bowling team, so obviously we knew who was gonna win.

We got our bowling attire and headed to the lane. But of course, we ordered drinks and food because we're in our twenties haha. Allen won the first game, I won the second game (!), and Allen won the last game haha. But it was a fun time. Then we headed upstairs to the arcade and had a hoot and a holler up there, then, even though I think both of us wanted to head home earlier, we went home. Watched an episode of the Golden Girls, then we went to bed. And while we were in bed, Allen and I exchanged out I love yous again before heading to bed. We're the cutest, I know haha.

Getting up Monday morning for work was so much easier than Saturday haha. Thank God. Work wasn't too bad, just work. There wasn't a truck so I was able to get in my bins, which was nice. The rest of the day was meh, but I got a haircut after work and I cut a lot off actually. My long curls on top, like the style I've had for a while, is gone, and I look pretty good to be honest. If my phone will cooperate, I'll put a picture here.

"And he ain't gotta be paid,
But he gotta be trade." ðŸ˜‚
I sent it to Allen and he sent the cutest response haha. After that, I basically relaxed and got caught up on YouTube videos, watched some Golden Girls, FaceTimed with Benzo, and here we are haha. I'm super looking forward to heading to Richmond with Allen this weekend, and he's actually gonna get to show me around! So I'm excited for that. Shout out to Charli XCX for the inspo on this blog's title, it just seemed fitting. Plus it's been randomly popping up in my head lately, and now we can see why haha.

Loving it,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment