Friday, April 27, 2018

Blanche & Dorothy Take A Trip!

| Now Playing: In Loving Memory by Chester Lockhart |

Here lies a boy,
Dearly departed,
Killed for no reason at all.
Trusted in you,
Left broken-hearted,
Thought you'd be there to catch my fall.
I've been paying,
For your sins.

You stole,
You lied,
You buried the best parts of me.
My heart,
Has died,
It rests in loving memory.

Beautiful boy,
Bathed in disaster,
Ruining lives just for fun.
Trial by fire,
Guilty of murder,
Baby there's nowhere left to run.
Now you're paying,
For your sins.

You stole,
You lied,
You buried the best parts of me.
My heart,
Has died,
It rests in loving memory.
_______________________________________________________________

So it's been a time, let me tell ya. It's been a very very very very long week. I knew it was going to be long, but I had no idea that I was going to have so many moments of just breaking down and crying. Of course, that's only really related to work and home life, and not the wondrous time I get to spend with my boyfriend, it's just been a lot.

I got off work early on Friday, and my boyfriend told me all that we would be doing last weekend, which was nice to have an itinerary to go off of haha. But it was also good that I got off early because I had overtime because I had to rush home, pack and get ready, because he was leaving straight from work to come and pick me up so we could get to Richmond. He gets here, and he had an unknown number call him that ended up being a job interview, and they ended up calling twenty minutes later to set up the interview! So that's super exciting for him.

And then, something happened while I was getting gas on the way home Friday. I can't talk about it, because it's a super secret project, and I know that's super annoying to even say, but I'm so damn excited about it, I could burst. After getting this notification, I got a call right after my boyfriend did while we were driving to Richmond, and confirmed the secret project and I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I AM. Literally, I never would think that something like that / this would happen, so the fact that it is, I can't even comprehend. ALSO, Chester Lockhart's new song came out, it's fucking incredible, and Chester replied to my tweet about it so there's that haha.

So we headed to Cooper's Hawk, this restaurant / wine tasting place in Richmond, met his mom there (where she kissed me on the mouth, so that was interesting and humbling I guess) and we did the tasting. It was way more dry than I particularly like, but it was fun. Then we ate dinner, which was hella bougie, but was delicious. Then we headed back to the house and drank, listened to music, and just talked, it was a lot of fun haha. Oh, and we had this blueberry dessert wine that was so fucking good ugh. I need it in my life, Lord. There was also this dream I had about my boyfriend where I asked him "Do you have something for me?" in the middle of an office, let's just say we gave them a show haha. But I kept saying that to him and it was a barrel of laughs.

The next day I got to sleep in while they went to run some errands pertaining to student loans, which honestly sounds awful, but it went well for them, so that's all we can ask for. Then we went to this amazing sushi place. I've only ever had like pseudo-sushi from like Sakura, not actually from a sushi place, so this was sort of a first for me. It was like made fresh as soon as you order it, all you can eat, so the three of us were in heaven. But we ate too much, and Allen and I ended up taking a nap together upstairs after because it was just so much haha. Then he took me on a tour of Richmond, I got to see Carytown and all it has to offer, so that was nice. Then we went to the Arcade Bar, which was really fun, but they need a bigger venue for what they want to do. I got to play the Simpsons arcade game for the first time! So that was a huge staple for me checked off haha. While waiting for our Havana 59 reservation, we answered relationship questions from an article on his phone haha, and I'm glad we're on the same page when it comes to a lot of things. We headed to Havana, and I was a little nervous that I wouldn't like anything because of the small menu, but it ended up being really really good, so that nervousness was shed fairly quickly. Pam and Micah, Deb's neighbors, were there and no. We also met this crazy pair of couples and they were way too fucking much. Then I got to meet Rebekah, one of his friends from home, and that went great, love her. Then we headed home, we were so tuckered out. I had another sexual dream, weird, and also this reoccurring dream I've had before where I'm part of a group of friends that go to this cabin and there's always a killer. This was the third time I had it, I've survived twice before, and I survived this time. There was this guy named Brandon we thought was the killer but Amanda that works at the Deli at work was then thought to be the killer, but she said she was only the accomplice to the real killer, who was Caito Potatoe from YouTube. I have weird dreams, I know.

So then we were preparing for the brunch where I was to meet more of his friends, aka really just Kelly and Chelsea. Bekah came over first, and we had mimosas and had amazing food that his mom made, it's just so good. Then we went to his haircut appointment, his girl Joanie is a bop, and then he got it colored, because she luckily had time. Beech made a guest appearance, and I went to Publix at got some of the pineapple cider we had at the Arcade Bar that I loved, while his hair was cooking haha. Then we headed straight back, singing songs all the time, and we even did a duet of A Whole New World and Allen was so cute at the end, ugh, I can't even take it. After a wonderful time, he dropped me off at home, which was great. We planned on this Williamsburg spa trip, but it's crazy expensive, but we will see.

Ever since then, it's all been about work, and let me tell ya, it's been a struggle. I worked 12 and a half hours Monday to make up for the fact that I was able to get my four hour shift on Sunday off. Then Tuesday, the day before inventory, I worked until after 8pm, another 12 hour day. Then Wednesday, the day off Inventory, which included the rudest people who have ever done our inventory, I worked another 12 hour day. So yesterday when I finally got to leave at 2:30, and was told I had so much overtime to take my four hour shift today off, you can see how excited I would be by that haha. So today's been a chill day, shopping for the rest of my Disney outfit for tomorrow at my boyfriend's place, so that should be fun. We're going as Aladdin and Jasmine because we're cute haha. And that's really about it haha.

Except for the delicious joke I made, as Dorothy from Golden Girls, when Allen, who was portraying Blanche, said something about dating a 17 year old tennis player, I side, "Oh good, so when you first drop your balls, you'll have something in common." I love us haha.

Recovering from both a getaway and work trip of differing outlooks,

-- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment