Monday, June 26, 2017

Downloads, Ratings, & Wishes

| Now Playing: Like Lovers Do by Hey Violet |

That's how it goes so take it like a grown up,
Life's not a fairytale, it's hard to own up.
Hire a hitman to take care of you,
And end it like lovers do.
______________________________________

So this week has been super stressful. Just a blur of constant berating and never-ending chaos.

Luckily, I thrive in it.

Work has been pretty heinous and just the majority of my high blood pressure lately. But I've been trying my best to disassociate myself from the drama and doing whatever I can to focus on the good surrounding me. Like the fact that my book has been downloaded over sixty times ever since I uploaded it to Smashwords! That's super excited to know that it's possibly reaching that many people in such a short time period. I absolutely love it. Plus, someone rated my book on Goodreads as 4 out of 5 stars, so that was the best way to wake up Saturday morning.

I just wish, more than anything, that I could make a real living out of writing. Like, paying my rent for a living. That would just be a dream come true. Until then, it seems that I'll continue to be plagued by that of the retail monster.

Anyone interested can still find my book on Smashwords for free! And if you have a Goodreads account, please leave a review if you do read it. I would love to hear some feedback on it.

Wishfully thinking,

-- Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment